Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Ramahospitality
07.16.2012 , 12:44 PM | #11
I play a TK Sage. All responses are PVE only, as I don't care or listen to PVP chatter.

1) How is it perceived by other classes?
For healing purposes, a sage healer seems like an asset, especially since commando's can't heal worth a crap until end-game, and even then people avoid them. I think the Sage is preferred over the Scoundrel in end-game for there burst heals and shield. I know when I group, people seem to want Sage healers, if anything because of the familiarity of how they heal. As far Sage DPS is perceived, I have to be Guarded sometimes in HM FPs due to my burst dps. I'm right up there, and the only class that does way more than I do all else being equal are Gunslingers.

2) How do I like my Class?
I love my TK Sage. I do as much dps as other classes, I see no real difference, the burst is awesome plus we have a shield and off heals as being ranged and squishy is perfectly survivable. I can solo strong mobs if I pull off the tank and live. I wish the Project animation would go back to the way it was, but other than that I'm happy.

kcol
07.16.2012 , 12:46 PM | #12
Sages are percieved as easy kills in PvP by all other DPS classes and tanks.

I run a 3/17/21 spec and actually do pretty well in the PvP enviroment. I see my role as support DPS and help the games REAL DPS(sents-vanguards-gunslingers) focus down an enemy.

Cylestat
07.16.2012 , 12:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

1. How do you think your Sage spec is perceived by other classes?
I play rated as Vanguard DPS as my Sage will not be taken by rated teams to DPS. The reason being is that Sages are quite laughable when it comes to survivability. We target a Sage/Sorc (regardless of spec) and plow them in a few GCD's. Bubble, force run, roots? Allow my sentinels, guardians, and vanguards to lol as you die.

In short the only sage that will stay alive in a ranked is a guarded and pocket healed sage, and even then it's not for very long.

In short we are not desired for any competitive play unless your in a huttball.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
I love my Sage, it's my first class and chosen class; but sadly you cannot be competitive with the class without a solid support system from tanks and healers.
.: Lestat :.
<REIGN>
reignpvp.com

Frumyrfrenzy
07.16.2012 , 12:54 PM | #14
I've been playing a Sage with all specs, mostly PvE.

1. The healer spec is well reveived especially because of the great AE-Heal. The two damage specs seem to be similar.
2. Healing is finde, although a bit boring, no new ideas in the few healing abilities. Telekinetics is fine, but the Disturbance spam can be tiresome. Especially tiresome is the fact that you are constantly looking at your buffbar to see your procs, which is a problem with ALL classes relying on procs. Balance would be my first choice visually (I like telekinetic throw), but the constant looking and reapplying dots at different timers and watching your buff bar are too cumbersome. It lacks a rotation you can internalize. In a nutshell: Telekenitcs - watch your buffbar, Balance - watch your AND the enemies buffbar.

Darth_Hatine
07.16.2012 , 01:06 PM | #15

As a Sage healer, I am perceived as very valuable in both pve and pvp because I can keep people alive. However, I think if giving the chance, I would be replaced by a Scoundrel healer due to my resource being much more difficult to manage.

In pve, I believe I can keep my team alive even in cases where my teammates sometimes don't even seem know how to play their class properly even at level 50 on normal mode flashpoints like Directive 7 and Battle of Ilum with no problem usually. In pvp, my healing is still superb, but I am very easy to kill; most people seem to be able to cut through my bubble and my health bar in what seems like a mere 3-4 seconds, if that. So overall, Seer specialized Sages are very powerful healers, however I think they need something to increase their survivability in pvp encounters.

Spuck
07.16.2012 , 01:16 PM | #16

Balance Sage: I think many others just regard this spec as an easy kill in PvP. I also think many in PvP do not realize the potential utility this spec can and does provide. However, due to damage coming from "DOT's", many seem to think that light armor and slow damage output makes this spec less desired.

Telekinetic Sage: Most people, in PvP, look at this spec as a waste of skill points due to light armor and relying heavily on channeled/casted abilities that are consistently interrupted.

Balance Sage: I really enjoy this spec in PvP. There is good potential damage output over time due to most of the damage in this spec comes from "Damage Over Time" abilities.

Telekinetic Sage: This is a fun class to play in PvE. In PvP, it is a very poor spec because of light armor and relying heavily on channeled/casted abilities. Reminds me of a Gunnery Commando without heavy armor.

Quraswren
07.16.2012 , 01:27 PM | #17

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

Healer perspective only.

1. It's a 50/50 shot. Boils down to knowing the class well cause if someone does not know what to do and when, the class fails, losing force too fast leaving no healing at all. Seen as little to no burst healing making it mediocre in PVP and better for PVE but the slicing of the wrists to regain force mechanic is terrible not only in concept but as a jedi mindset for story - the resource management is just not good. Seen as a good class with strong healing potential but only if you find someone that has put in massive amounts of effort to learn it.

2. Little to no burst healing. Salvation being the best and yet still having a disconnect for smooth healing with Rejuvenation and the proc conveyance for deliverance. I see the killing of myself to gain force as a rather poor mechanic given the number of massive AOEs in operations. Something needs to change with the resource management. It's a decent class that you must know how to play if you want to heal well but the playstyle is rather unforgiving and twice as so for PVP.

eventidephoenix
07.16.2012 , 01:34 PM | #18
alright so obviously you guys aren't appreciative of my original post so if you want me to keep it short and simple to a few undetailed sweeping statements:

1) For DPS, we are perceived as a LIABILITY because we output pathetic damage compared to our peer classes, this is true BOTH for PVP and PVE. For healing, we are perceived still as an ASSET for PvE.

2) For DPS, I find it extremely disappointing that our damage cannot come even CLOSE to our peer DPS-ers, especially in PvP, making our class an unpopular choice for DPS in raids.

silvershadez
07.16.2012 , 01:43 PM | #19
Balance spec here:

Other people expect me to be an all around machine: Doing dmg, giving off-heals and shields if nessecary and pulling them out of the danger zone / helping the ball carrier to get the point.

I personally see huge potential within this spec. Played right it offers some great burst AND sustainable DPS, and as said you can allways safe one of your buddies with a well timed shield or off-heal or pull. It's a class which is very dependant on how good you move. I personally don't see any need to buff this specific spec. If i was to mention the worst thing about the sage it would be the telekinetics spec post 1.3 which is kind of dead in PvP now.

davidgw
07.16.2012 , 01:47 PM | #20
I'm spec'd 31/7/3. I've healed all of EC SM and most of EC HM (my guild is still working on downing Kephess). I'm also getting back into PvP (hadn't done so since pre-1.2) and have proven useful, although I'm also usually the player with the most deaths on my team.

I think others perceive sages as a decently balanced healer. We're no longer overpowered with unlimited Force Points (due to the change in Noble Sacrifice perks, which, while sorely missed, were fair). I also think we're seen as an easy cloth target in PvP.

As for my view, I also think Sages are well balanced. With a solid AoE heal, a strong channeled heal, a decent HoT, and two cast heals (although I almost never use Benevolence) we're capable of dishing out some solid heals. My only wish is that we could be more mobile while healing, I feel almost powerless when getting thrown around or moving, with only 2 instant cast heals that aren't enough in most situations I need to run from.