Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

07.16.2012 , 12:54 PM | #11
I play a hybrid of Vengeance and Rage. (Damage role)

1) I think most people consider Rage to be overpowered, especially in PvP, and Vengeance to be underpowered.

2) Rage spec has amazing AoE damage and very good single target as well; I've seen Juggernauts consistently put out more DPS than a well geared Marauder or Sniper on Explosive Conflict Hard Mode, though of course some is due to player not spec. I play a hybrid spec because I PvP a lot - I really love the big Smashes from Rage combined with the rage generation of Vengeance.

07.16.2012 , 12:55 PM | #12
1. How do you think your Juggernaut spec is perceived by other classes?

Since 1.3 and the threat increase, there is more respect for the Juggernaut in the tanking role. I still have trouble with some Campaign geared DPS classes. The only Juggernauts in PVE are generally tank spec'd because the DPS spec's are not viable for the enrage timers of current Hard/Nightmare Mode content.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

I really want to DPS in this class, it seems like it "should" be really powerful. Even in the best gear, the DPS of Juggernaut is at least 20 percent below what other classes can do. I would really like to see this changed.
<Serahn of Kaos>
Guild Leader of the Kaos Empire
"Our only allegiance is to each other!"

07.16.2012 , 01:12 PM | #13

- Even fully campaign geared, I would be the last choice for Hard Mode Denova if 2 other similarly geared classes were available due to the spikiness of Juggernaut tanks. We need more sustainable short-cooldown defensive abilities to lower our spikiness in end-game.

- Looking at parsers I feel we do the least damage of other tanks in endgame, we are the spikiest, and it seems all our good utility would-be tank abilities are in other trees or in the Marauder class. We have too simplistic un-tankish late-tier talents in the Immortal tree, i.e. Force Push cooldown. I think the marauder has better short-cooldown damage soaking abilities then the Juggernaut. Our internal/elemental resistance needs to be looked at as well, because most bosses deal this kind of damage. Overall I'm not too happy with our defensive capabilities being limited to just 2 cooldowns.

07.16.2012 , 01:26 PM | #14

In PvP, a one trick pony, a class that outside its big crits offers nothing to PvP groups and is the easiest spec/class to lockdown and kill in the game

While I love rage I do feel like a bit of a Dinosaur/football player past his prime. While I can do very well with the spec I do feel like I am clutching on to a spec past its prime. The spec lacks any proper form of sustained dmg, it is far to squishy relative to classes that can do similar burst. It also has atrocious resource generation and management

I think people massively underrate Vengeance in what it can do, its started to however be massively respected in PvE by people how know

It does fantastic dmg in both PvE and PvP however it lacks the on demand burst that is sometimes called for in situations and at times I feel like a poor mans marauder; apart from my taunts and tanky aspects I feel they can do almost everything I can do better.
Compared to rage I feel Immortal and my ability to stance dance and off tank or carry the ball as well as a full on tank is fantastic
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth -
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server

07.16.2012 , 02:07 PM | #15
Thanks for taking the initiative to gather feedback Bioware. I will be providing feedback for all three 50s (juggernaut, powertech, mercenary).

Immortal PvE

Gets the job done, but not the first choice... nor the second.

Immortal is a joke, I'm sorry. I run 18/23 for tanking HM EC, and 8/31/2 for tanking everything else (in soresu with tank gear and shield of course). Tank DPS tickles, and was further nerfed in 1.3. All the upper tiers in immortal need to be looked at seriously and we should get something valuable for our 31-point *crushing-blow-that-does-not-crush-too-hard*. Vengeance has better talents than immortal for *tanking* purposes. Many threads have been written on this subject, so I will not re-hash them here. We could use an endurance boost in our skill tree as well.

Vengeance PvE
Not too bad for DPS. However why bring a juggernaut warrior, when you can bring a marauder with their superior DPS AND raid-wide benefits AND superior defensive skills as a dps?

Actually great fun to play, and great synergy with using the various abilities. However we could use some lovin... my suggestion is to make fury mechanics a baseline warrior abiltity. Our DPS could sure use the bloodthirst, and our tanks could sure use a good defensive usage of fury.

Great at Huttball, great at guarding healers and provide nice DPS without being overpowered and invincible like our brethren *cough* marauders *cough*.

07.16.2012 , 03:09 PM | #16
I only PvE on my Juggernaut specced Immortal or hybrid-tank.

1. It's commenly known that Immortal's DPS are lower than that of other tanks, usually something not held against me, but it's still something that doesn't escape even the people that don't play the class.
Sometimes others overlook the recent add in AoE threat, a past weakness that's fixed.
I never had a problem with single target threat, knowing how it works and when to taunt in order to maintain aggro, sometimes people however expect me to lose the mob - I can only imagine because of previous encounters with less taunting Juggernauts.
I play an assassin tank to ... they're my 'active' twinks (as in I raid with them frequently) ... and I'm asked to help out the other 8-man main operation if they lack a tank and can choose freely - so I don't think anyone thinks there's a difference between me playing Darkness or Immortal.

2. The damage and as a result single target threat has to be looked at. The defensive cooldowns and mitigation are very nice and while I can't actively augment my survivability like an assassin I have to deal less with damage spikes in most fights.
Juggernaut is the best off-tank however, using Intercede on the main tank who then taunts the boss gives you another short CD defensive cooldown if you communicate sufficiently.
I love the animation of the character and it feels more sithy than the assassin.
Some armor options don't look to hot though ... this of course is highly subjective but I like my armor iconic, simple and without mich useless extra armor like gigantic shoulderpads etc.
Sonic Barrier absorb a little more damage or even better Foce Scream could have a lower cooldown for the spec, simply knowing you're actively boosting your mitigation is fun as a tank.
Enraged Defense should be augmented by the talent tree in a way that it doesn't drop threat anymore - it's a last resort cooldown as a tank and can be quite risky with strong damage dealers and impossible in encounters with threat drops.
And of course ... this probably also shows in your data ... Immortal's damage is behind a lot.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

07.16.2012 , 03:16 PM | #17

I have no idea.

Immortal PvE: It feels like there are too many abilities to find room (and easily-accessible keybinds) for, too little damage (and thus too little threat), and too little AoE. Crushing Blow's AoE takes too much setup for an incredibly tiny radius and middling damage. If the stars align and I manage to get and keep aggro on everything I need to get and keep aggro on, it's extremely fun. More often than not, though, I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to keep track of all the chaos.

07.16.2012 , 03:37 PM | #18

1. Melee so not as good as ranged for tanking or dps. lots of utility in pvp, especially huttball. Annoying to kill.
2. I love the survivability but wish tanking was more viable in pvp. I love push and charge (and choke!) Two things I might focus on is the resolve for force charge and the balance between range having an advantage over melee classes.
\.o. \.o. \.o.MASSASSI REBORN.o./ .o./ .o./

07.16.2012 , 03:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
Overcrowded. Juggernauts are a dime a dozen, so if you're not tanking, you're unwelcome. Really, melee DPS in general is highly overpopulated, which I view as a genre-driven issue. Jedi/Sith are the coolest things in Star Wars, so everyone wants to be one.

I like playing my Juggernaut, but I feel there's too many 'conditional' buttons on my bar. I DPS as vengeance, and I've got 3 different rage dump abilities to weave together. You've got Force Scream, Impale and Shatter, and they all really do the same thing. Add in the 'if immobilized' and 'if disabled' strikes, and the 'if below 20% health' strike, and I find myself needing 4 extra fingers.

So I'd like to see fewer powers that are more flexilble/usable more often. Combine Shatter and Impale into one atttack that does good damage with a DOT component that's up every 4.5 seconds, instead of 2 marginally different attacks up every 9 seconds. The same goes for Vicious Kick and Pommel Strike. Randomize the animation if you want to have both looks. Right now there's too many buttons and not enough space in my UI to make good use of them.

07.16.2012 , 04:14 PM | #20
I play Vengeance and Rage primarily

1. How do you think your Guardian spec is perceived by other classes?

I think most others consider DPS Juggernaut to be sub par compared to the other melee specs available in game. We are seen as tanks and damage soaker's in PvP. Rage is perhaps viewed with more respect due to its high burst in PvP. Vengeance is seen as somewhat of a liability .

I feel that Vengeance is not...for lack of a better word "complicated" enough. The rotation is overly simple and boring to perform. Something as simple as having procs to monitor (ie chance to proc a free Vicious Throw when ever you're impale deals damage for example) would go along way in increasing the fun factor.

Personally, for Rage spec I feel that reliance on Smash is letting it down. Keep the "build up" mechanic but give it a single target nuke as well as (or instead of Smash) so that Smash can be used for AoE.

For Dps In general I feel that the Juggernaut doesn't bring enough to a group, no utility like our marauder brethren can deliver. We are not worth brining.