Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

TonyIommi
07.16.2012 , 01:54 PM | #11
I'm a watchman sentinel

1. It's hard to say how others perceive my class. From the conversations I have had people seem to think watchman are OP for pvp and others still seem to think that sents are to glass cannon for PVE stuff.
2. I love my sentinel and I love watchmen. I generally don't like to play melee classes in these games, I'm usually a caster or healer type but I found a total niche in the Watchmen. I love watching and keeping up my dots. I find the rotation is a bit "heavy" and feel that one or two abilities could be merged together to help free it up. As it is now often times I find my fingers all over the keyboard which is great in some ways bad in others. It's certainly not boring as I basically always have something to do but sometimes it can be a little overwhelming especially for new players. I would also like to say that some combat animation issues still persist with the sentinel. Abilities will trigger the GCD but not actually go off, animations will stutter or simply refuse to cast. Another gripe I have deals with the first post. Alot of pve abilites punish melee in this game and sents feel to soft. They have multiple abilities to stop dmg mind you and I feel that I constantly have to chain them together to live and help out my healers. Also the merciless slash effect (where every use of merciless slash reduces the cooldown of the next one) is a neat mechanic but it's a bit to punishing. It's far to easy to lose the buff and have to start over again. It's good because it rewards players for using it but it's a bit to reliant on you have the correct force power and the correct time and being in position to hit the boss at the correct time.
All that aside however my sentinel is one of the funnest characters I've played in an MMO. Force Leap is probably the greatest thing in a video game ever.

Denchet
07.16.2012 , 02:11 PM | #12
Watchman Spec

PVE perspective

How others perceive:
My guild thinks it is super overpowered. I play Sentinel as an alt, and walked into a raid with full Recruit PVP gear and a Battlemaster mainhand and pulled competitive DPS, beating out some people in Rakata/Campaign. A well played Watchman Sent just does ridiculous damage compared to most other specs (note that I do have better gear now; an even mix of Columi and Rakata).

How I perceive it:
Watchman has perhaps the most complicated "rotation" in the game, using 10 different skills on a priority system, plus cooldowns. Your average skilled player pulls good DPS, but highly skilled players spiral out of control, doing way more DPS than most other specs in the game. I like the high skill cap, and would prefer other classes were made more like Watchman.

RichyYoung
07.16.2012 , 02:16 PM | #13
1. How do you think your Sentinel spec is perceived by other classes?
I think people seem to think its overpowered which is a carry over from old 1.2 days maybe, they understand its downsides in pvp and most groups do not fear it and consider something like a gunslinger to deliver much more dmg.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?
I love it in pve, but in pvp watchman simply doesnt do any dmg. Also attacks arnt the same as a gaurdan or in pve they are very strict on you getting the target directly in front of you not on top of you or slightly behind which in a fight or messy fight in pvp is hard you simply arnt allowed to fire off shots. Therefore the small dps which builds over time isnt applyed. Yes we have defensive cool downs and resolve which are fine for pve but in pvp the cooldowns are too long and im only really good once then im rubbish for 3 mins. Its also very hard to get in close to actually deal dmg with a 2min cooldown on resolve i spend all my pvp time stunned... sentinal is my main but i never use it for pvp any more... guardian or sage is more enjoyable as guadian attacks can fire off even if they are behind me not like the anal sentinals attacks. Sentinal has to be in a ranked group else its basically owned by all and deals very little damage. Becuase of the harsh melee restrictions when fighting sentinal should be a big damage dealer not out classed by others, espcially by ranged which have it easy all the time anyway.

I can play as my ranged trooper with half the gear of sentinal and breeze through ops...

Sentinals simply not OP enough considering what its meant to embody.

Burtlebe
07.16.2012 , 02:36 PM | #14
Watchman Spec lvl 50 PVE mostly

1) people tend to view Sentinel as good situation dps and what pvp I did do it appeared people didnt like to 1 vs 1 him.

2) I feel of the 5 50s i have that the Sentinel Watchman Spec is about the all around best. In fights where i can stay on the boss I can put out awesome dps but over the course of an op, I am pretty much on par with the gunslingers and dps sages for average dps.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

BobTheG
07.16.2012 , 03:41 PM | #15
Sentinel Focus PVP only

I play Sentinel Focus spec. I think most other classes think the focus spec sux. Everyone I talk to prefers watchman or combat.

I would like to see a little more aoe dmg with focus spec. It's survivability compared to watchman is horrid. Balance self healing with more offensive dmg.

DecanAndersen
07.16.2012 , 03:56 PM | #16
I have abandon my Sentinel a long time ago, as the rotations in FPs and OPs simply bored me,
and found my self watching TV while nuking bosses.
He has no "tricks", and isnt really open to creative players, like shadows or even guardians have.

Loved my shadow as tank, till it became useless, now im on my guardian again.
<> The Red Eclipse <>
<> Décan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Shadow <>
<> Decan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Sentinel <>
<> Décán <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Guardian <>

Izorii
07.16.2012 , 04:13 PM | #17
Really good member of a group. Good damage, good survivability has a few nice tricks against droids. Welcome in any group looking for a main dps or a second dps/tank
Enjoyable, simple. I like the spec only issue I have is that it seems to lack anything special. Its all about the damage and if I can not out damage the mob I am probably going to die.

Hxxr
07.16.2012 , 04:47 PM | #18
I have 4 Empire characters and Sentinel will be my first (and probably only) Republic one.
The char still has to grow a bit but always having Marauders in my group I'd give some feedback anyway.

1. Annahilation widely considered to be the best at everything - damage, utility, PvE, PvP. I personally believe this to be true, but to get to the specs potential you need very good timing and overview of your cooldowns and what's happening during the encounter.
Carnage is almost where Annahilation is an Annahilation is considered the top spec for any occasion. The class has more utility than any other class with it's group buffs on top of that.
Usually my guild wants to have at least one Marauder for each 8 people in the raid ... with the group buffs not being limited to 1 Marauder buff per cooldown period there is some concern that class stacking might be the future if content progressively gets harder.
The defensive CDs are widly known as being ridiculous in PvP ... we usually joke about it as no one expects a fix anytime soon, the more hardcore PvPers among my friends just gave up hope on any balance here.
I heard some people say being melee is a downside in general.

2. I chew through things while leveling ... faster than with my assassin, juggernaut, sniper or merc. Yes, not 50 yet and I already have a higher kill rate.
For some time I pondered about switching to Marauder full time for all it's perks.
However I do not want Annahilation to be nerfed, on the contrary other specs (including Carnage) should brought up to the same level in terms of both damage and utility. First is actually quite easy as it's just tweaks to non-broken classes. However the second part will be a bit harder to achieve and as much important.
In PvP the class doesn't have a knockback or a real stun, but two short CD interrupts are very dangerous for all healers and ranged classes you target ... in itself this part of the ability set seems balanced.
Defensive wise the cooldowns are extremely potent and more than enough make up for beeing a melee with medium armor ... the class is a butcher in PvP and if your cooldowns are up you are the hardest class to kill above all ... which feels like a juggernaut (the word, not the class ... still ironic though) rolling over your enemies.
The animations are imho not as pretty as the single-sabre cousin's though.
I don't think melee is bad thanks to your charge and the ability to do 100% DPS while moving within range of your target.

In short:
Annahilation is the spec that should be targeted for buffing all the other classes and specs in both regards, utility and damage.

PS: I'm sorry for the Empire terminology ... I'm just that much more familiar with it ... in fact even my Sentinal is called 'H'tisami', wich is I'm a sith backwards. :>
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

BlznSmri
07.16.2012 , 04:48 PM | #19
Both 8 mans in my guild that have cleared content run with anywhere from 1 to 3 sentinels (depending on who they're rotating in and out, it's a really long story) and several people almost feel that a GOOD sentinel is a necessity for progression raiding. Several seem to favor Watchmen because of the "Sustained" dps they provide and the 6% heals every 20-30 seconds or so for Ops, and in regards to PvP the three snares and lololol 80% Transcendence bring more favor to Combat. We don't speak of Focus. It does not exist.
Having extensively played both Watchmen and Combat spec I favor Combat because it's Direct Damage and has great on demand burst, though I feel it would be totally awesome if Saber Storm and Opportune Attack were fixed.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

Ashivauto
07.16.2012 , 05:00 PM | #20
i think the community perceives Sentinels as OP cause of our many defensive cooldowns...

I myself think the sentinel is right where it should be... what all those that perceive sents as being op fail to remember is that sents must fight in the thick of things and have no ranged abilities, we also have no knockbacks,.... all and all the sent is pretty balanced at least until another class is made to be op or we are nerfed to death
Ashvau-BH/Merc
Mikaelai-SI/Sorc
Ashivautzo-JK/Sentinel