Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Glzmo
07.16.2012 , 01:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
1. How do you think your Guardian spec is perceived by other classes?
I play a Guardian tank. Guardian tanks are pereceived as okay tanks with no damage output by others. Thus they prefer Shadow and Vanguard tanks as they can take as much or more punishment and are able to deal damage at the same time. Damage is king in this game, especially with the boss enrage timers in PVE and also in PVP. Either enrage timers need to be abolished and tanking boosted in PVP, or the Guardian tank needs a serious DPS increase. Taking a guardian tank into your group is thus perceived as a disadvantage. It doesn't help that the Vigilance tree has a lot more useful tanking skills (the damage reduction from the Commanding Awe box and the defense increase from single saber Mastery, for example!) than the Defense tree as well and makes no sense at all. Also, nerfs like the removal of the taunt cooldown decrease among other things have hurt the Guardian Tank as well.

Quote:
2. How do you perceive your own spec?
After playing the other tank classes, I mirror the sentiment of other players. Note that I believe the Jedi Guardian tank should be the ultimate group protector in the game, as Jedi Guardians are the protectors in Star Wars Lore. If we don't get as much damage as the tanking specs from other classes, we should at least be able to survive and hold aggro away from group members a lot better than them.

KINGTOR
07.16.2012 , 01:32 PM | #22
1. i think the lowest treath is the guardian. Every time when we going to operation the sentinels and gunslingers always get agro, and the shadows or vanguards are getting more aggro then us so the only problem then i have is low aggro
2.I realy enjoy it. the focus spec is awesome, I just want to same agro as the other 2 tanks.
Click Here for free stuffs: http://www.swtor.com/r/TxbwsQ

Septentrius
07.16.2012 , 02:04 PM | #23
lvl 41 Defense Spec Guardian here (at the time of this writing).

1. Honestly haven't asked around to many people what their opinion of Guardians is. However, I have received quite a few compliments for my ability to tank through several Flash Points and Heroics so the class must have something going for it.

2. I love playing Guardian tank, the high mobility is great especially when coupled with the ability to screw around with whatever you're attacking, ie. Force Push, Force Stasis, Hilt Strike. While I do fare much better as a tank when fighting 1 target I can almost always manage a medium-large group if I remember to use all of my abilities. As far as I can tell the class may be a little worse at dealing with groups of enemies but this can be counteracted with decent gameplay.

DimeStax
07.16.2012 , 02:04 PM | #24
I play a Defense Specced Guardian

I am most referring to PvP when I say that most people do not value a Defense specced Guardian. There is a lot of information on the forums suggesting that War Hero War Leader gear is not nearly as useful as DPS gear, and how most defensive stats and talents from the Defense tree are not useful in PvP. I think most other classes see us as a pain in the butt to kill when our defensive cooldowns are up, but also think we don't put out much damage in this spec.

2. I feel like I have enough abilities in this spec to make it worthwhile, although I feel that the damage I do is highly insignificant. If anything how tanks are functioning in PvP in general can be adjusted so that they perform better overall. Right now it just isn't clear to how much a tank actually helps you in group PvP and it's a cause for concern when Rated Teams are selecting their teammates to que up with them.
Sakz <Good Talk> 55 Guardian - The Bastion
Dimes <Good Talk> 55 Gunslinger - The Bastion
Six-t'nine<Synergy> 55 Commando - The Bastion
Nickels <Synergy> 36 Scoundrel - The Bastion

Smartie
07.16.2012 , 03:45 PM | #25
1.) By those who know litle of the Vigilance Dps spec it is quite heavily under rated and assumed to be below par in DPS terms. There is also a prefernce towards ranged DPS as they are easier to mange within boss fights and operations.
2.) I have tested this spec and build to destruction constantly monitoring the dps output via combat logs and can conclusively say with the right mods and used in conjunction with the correct build this spec is a doom bringer and I for one adore it. Just as a final point remember I adore it as it would be a terrible shame for it to get nerfed and then individuals cars might became strangely more flammable, you have been warned =).

Regault
07.16.2012 , 05:25 PM | #26
1. I think Defense Guardians are perceived as "okay" for flashpoints but I doubt anyone really wants us raid tanking. In PvP Defense Guardians are useless for all warzones except Huttball.

2. The class definitely has damage issues, both in actual damage(Lowest in the game) and uptime(When Force Leap is on CD you can do nothing to close with an enemy). 1.3 actually made the class worse, as Guardian Slash had its damage replaced with an AoE that only effects enemies practically touching each other. My AoE taunt is the only ability I have with a large enough radius to grab an entire group. Any boss fight with add management or "red light/green light" dps phases like Soa feel like the devs are flipping the AC the bird. Solo questing on a Defense Guardian is probably the most horribly tedious thing in the game right now, on par with Defense Warriors in WoW Classic.

I cancelled my account due to the 1.3 Guardian changes.

PresBMK
07.16.2012 , 05:34 PM | #27
1) Defense Guardian is perceived as a "good enough" tank for PvE, with weak sustained damage relative to the other tank classes. Defense Guardian spec is entirely useless for PvP.

2) In PvE, I feel like I do fine as far as "tankiness" - but holding threat has now become a problem. I never had problems holding threat pre-1.3, but I am now raiding with mostly augmented campaign/BH geared DPS and my ability to hold threat (dealing ~600 DPS vs. 1400+ DPS) does not scale with their ability to deal damage without use of taunts. I feel like the changes in 1.3 improved my AoE ability but this is not in any way helpful in endgame raid content.

Konokosan
07.16.2012 , 05:44 PM | #28

As a tank with the lowest HP, lowest mitigation, and lowest DPS, hence, why would they bother with you.

ATM I am a Vigilance primary spec with just enough into defense to be able to tank if need be. This is the only viable tank spec because even if you boost our threat however high you want, when you can't deal enough damage to cause any threat at all no amount of threat boost means a damn.

Qa-Weef
07.16.2012 , 06:03 PM | #29
Vigilance Guardian here, mostly PVP.

1. Other melee classes know they have offensive and defensive advantages over us. Marauders/Sentinels especially so.

2. The general consensus around Plasma Brand is its under performing and overly expensive for a 31 point talent; its sunder requirement puts us at disadvantage when fighting other melee with high passive defences, as its pre requisite strikes can and will be dodged and parried. This is an unfair and clunky mechanic.

My view is that Vigilance provides great mobility and utility however the numbers presented at he end of each WZ aren't indicative of the of the amount of work I put in.

Zuckazz
07.16.2012 , 06:06 PM | #30
Played guardian tank since beta - I clear hard mode EC weekly.

Easily the weakest PVE tank in the game. My guild will not even accept a new guardian tank since 1.3. We have the best defensive cool downs in the game, but lowest hp (thanks to no 3% endurance talent like all other tanks have) and worst mitigation in the game.

Lets recap:
Lowest dps of all tanks / lowest hp of all tanks / lowest mitigation of all tanks = SAD guardian players...

Full Defense Tree is totally not an option for a tank. A hybrid spec is essential at end game raiding which is really a complete shame. Between nerfing Guardian Slash and Hilt Strike - PLUS the top tier defense talents are so tank weak - you really have no other option to be competitive by go hybrid.

What a waste - we really need to have full defense as a totally viable alternative to the hybrid vig/def.

We are broken - please fix it.
Fair and Balanced !