Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friends trial email?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amantino
07.16.2012 , 12:13 AM | #1
Hello.

I invited my friend to a free trial up to lvl 15, but hes not recieving any email. Is this supposed to take days? And yes, he checked spambox as well. He's listed under people I've invited. Will he be able to create an account here and get his free trial even without recieving any email?

Thanks!

Smaois
07.16.2012 , 01:16 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Amantino,

I am sorry to hear your friend is not receiving the invitation. Please see our post regarding this issue:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=498597#9

While you have not said that you are getting the error message as outlined in that post, please ask your friend to follow the troubleshooting steps as this may help with the issue.

If you continue to experience issues, please send an email to support@swtor.com explaining the issue in full and outlining the troubleshooting you have carried out.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Amantino
07.16.2012 , 01:38 AM | #3
Thanks. I'll have him try that out, but theres one issue. As hes already in my list over invited users, I am unable to send him another invite. When I try, I get "Sorry, you cannot refer this email address.".

Finngarad
07.16.2012 , 02:57 PM | #4
Hi Amantino,

If you don't mind me asking, was your query dealt with?
I am having the same problem with regards to the Friends free trial to level 15. The email address is correct and the person I sent it to has checked their spam, but no email has been received.
I emailed support this morning (GMT), but I just received the automated response, otherwise nothing has been forthcoming....yet.

Thanks in advance.

Amantino
07.16.2012 , 03:38 PM | #5
No, nothing yet.

Finngarad
07.16.2012 , 05:14 PM | #6
Ok thanks for the reply, I have received no reply back also.

Xesos
07.17.2012 , 03:59 PM | #7
I have same problem. I contacted CS and I got check spam folder etc, add these to safe sender list but nothing. I tried it to send it even on another two mails of mine. Nothing. and ofc all friends I've invited can't invite again so I am kinda screwed now

Xesos
07.17.2012 , 04:05 PM | #8
Ok so. I finally found out something. Either it got fixed or this helped. I logged to ea.com and did this:

Click on the Username in the upper right corner on the screen
Now select “Contact Preferences”
Tick the box “Contact me about EA´s products, news, events and promotions”

Also in safe senders I added swtor@swtor.com (not only @swtor.com)

I got one email (from two I should get on my two emails). Could be fixed or this helped. I don't know.

My friend didn't got anything though

Nadreck
07.19.2012 , 04:58 AM | #9
I invited two friends neither got the emails.

And so they went to the trial page and registered .

So there goes my speeder.