Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An open letter to Bioware

07.16.2012 , 06:40 AM | #41
Just another person the quit SWG after the CU.

You just cant appreciate the things you have because your spending too much time complaining about the things you don't

07.16.2012 , 07:07 AM | #42
OP..a long post, but I did manage to read 90% of it. lol! I love your different factions idea and how you can change factions with some hard work. And the idea of a third underground type faction, which would fit perfectly for a smuggler and bounty hunter. I donot care about PVP in TOR, so your points about that mean nothing to me.

I donot agree they made a copy of WoW. Esp as WoW stands today. The skill system has not been changed so much in WoW as they have simplified it rather. I am not a fan of the changes ether. I liked the talent system they had in WoW in TBC period. TOR's UI is much better than WoW's also. And the auction house in WoW is like light years ahead of TOR's. TOR's story writing is way ahead of any other MMO I have played so far.

I agree TOR needs a char customizing feature to help your char look different than most other player's chars. And see, WoW has such a feature with "transmorging". So another way TOR is different than WoW. Rift also has a great system with it's "wardrobe" feature. Which I prefer over WoW's transmorging. But both work very well in helping your char look unique.

You are right, the lack of day/night cycles in TOR distracts to the point of immersion breaking for several who want that stuff. It is not only that issue, but overall the planets have a feeling of being dead because of a lack of many little things going on around the player as he explores the zones. This is where WoW and Rift have TOR beat hands down.

Anyway, good luck in finding what MMO you want. You seem to enjoy PVP a lot, so try out GW2 when it comes out. And it also has a mentoring system where you can go back as a max level char and play with your lower level friend's char. You become the same level as your friend's char is.
Trust is something which is earned.

07.16.2012 , 07:54 AM | #43
bye bye
The Trouble With Trouble Is, It Always Starts Out As Fun!

07.16.2012 , 08:10 AM | #44
Hello all,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to put together such constructive feedback. Feedback such as this that is well-thought-out and helpful is very valuable and appreciated.

We are sorry to see you go. Unfortunately though, we are going to have to close your thread. Threads letting others know they've cancelled are not allowed because the discussions tend to only attract disruptions and spam.

However, we don't want to see your feedback lost. So we encourage you to repost it and continue any discussions you are having in the Unsubscriber's thread. This is a great thread full of feedback from people who have decided to unsubscribe and wanted to tell us why. You can find the Unsubscriber's thread here: