Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do you not play ranked PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do you not play ranked PvP?

Morrolan
07.16.2012 , 12:04 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurfer View Post
And back to normal after all the whiners come back after they realize it was just a sequel to a bargain bin average game and there is no such thing as a perfect game.
May not happen, especially for organised teams. I enjoy swtor PvP but the GW2 PvP is a lot better (after playing it in the beta weekends) especially with the WvW aspect. Personally I'm going to try and do both but we'll see what happens.
[harbinger]
Alieraxx - Sentinel / Morroian - Shadow / Sereorin - Slinger
Miranda-Zero - Operative / Whiskey-jackxx - Powertech

Vaipyr
07.16.2012 , 12:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
I can't play what I want. I can't play how I want. I can't even play with whom I want. Why bother playing?
^
This. Oh I agree with a lot of the other sentiments, but really in the end what I quoted is the biggest reason for me. It's also the reason that after 4 seasons of putting up with it that arena got old as well. I rolled a specific class with a specific spec in order to play in a specific manner that I find enjoyable (both in PvP AND PvE. There is a whole game you know, not just one factor of it).

ProfessorWalsh
07.16.2012 , 12:20 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
It seemed that everyone was disappointed when ranked matches were left out of 1.2, but now that they are here with 1.3 there does not seem to be too many of them happening at least not on my server (Bergeren Colony).

The reason I don't participate in them is because I cannot find people that want to, their reasons vary, so I wanted to ask the general PvP populace.

Why aren't you playing ranked PvP matches?

If you are I don't really want to know, but it seems like few are.
I can't play ranked PVP matches. My guild doesn't have a full 8 person PVP team. BioWare made it so that we can't queue for Ranked WZ's solo.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

murshawursha
07.16.2012 , 12:22 AM | #24
Why do I not play ranked PvP? Because I'm a Deception Assassin and nobody wants me in their group.

Brool
07.16.2012 , 12:23 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
It seemed that everyone was disappointed when ranked matches were left out of 1.2, but now that they are here with 1.3 there does not seem to be too many of them happening at least not on my server (Bergeren Colony).

The reason I don't participate in them is because I cannot find people that want to, their reasons vary, so I wanted to ask the general PvP populace.

Why aren't you playing ranked PvP matches?

If you are I don't really want to know, but it seems like few are.
Love playing ranked matches, only have 1 other person in my guild that pvp's. So until they offer solo queueing for ranked wz's I dont really play them.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

KiranK
07.16.2012 , 12:40 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Isislol View Post
With x-realm WZs this shouldn't be happening.

Edit.

Let's be honest, most people who want solo queue ranked don't want competition, they want fast and easy way to get top pvp gear.
Oh please, how much will the population have dwindled by then? You really think cross server queuing is the great white hope for PvP? We said that about rated, and look what a massive disappointment they are.

And LOL at "OMG they want fast PvP gear". So what? Gear shouldn't be a factor in the outcome of PvP, so fast and easy gear can only make PvP better. How does solo = no competition. Our current system is the one with no competition. Solo just means you have to be more dynamic in how you play. You can't just roll a full team full of FOTM and expect to be top dog. You have to learn to play with different people playing different classes and specs. If anything, it is YOU who wants no competition.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Kilikaa
07.16.2012 , 12:53 AM | #27
Ranked warzones were over-rated. I don't play because I don't see the need to. You really get nothing out of them except a worthless number that really says nothing about you. All those who cried that ranked zones were needed now don't play most of the time. Bioware could have used the time and resources to make more improvements to pvp as a whole rather than create this ranked fiasco.

I would rather see them focus on actually balancing the classes instead of catering to this ranked BS. I mean, considering how few the ranked zones pop I think they should not even worry about season 1 for a while.

kjkdollarbanny
07.16.2012 , 12:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Isislol View Post
If they made WH gear available only by playing ranked the bracket would be alive but they can't do it because there would be even more QQ from lazy/ bad players about gear holding them back.
so you want the only way for BM team to get warhero is fighting vs full augmented warheroes?
you are sadist.
================
Ranked wzs must give only rank( and maybe twice money of normal wz-to pay for stims)
Now ranked is not ranked. Its pugs farming wh.
Stupid guys didnt learn at school. They cant see that lose in ranked is equal to win in ordinary if we speaking about comms.
poor sheeps.

Retro_Chrome
07.16.2012 , 12:59 AM | #29
i for one believe that there is a large enough player base to have a decent ranked matching system if they would make it x server, however even with the inflated servers same server is very odd . we either face the best of the best team and get stomped, or we faceroll some of the lower teams/pug teams...with xserver it will have a greater number of "average" teams, and a greater number of bad teams, and even a greater number of "top dog" teams. this will ensure more even competition across the board. and eliminate the see saw of faceroll/getfacerolled aspect that it has right now, i truly hope that with season one comes xserver, for rateds!
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post
I hate to say this but we are in terms of genetics 96% the same as chimps. We evolved from chimps, but damn I must say that 4% makes all the difference.

kjkdollarbanny
07.16.2012 , 01:00 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Ranked warzones were over-rated. I don't play because I don't see the need to. You really get nothing out of them except a worthless number that really says nothing about you. All those who cried that ranked zones were needed now don't play most of the time. Bioware could have used the time and resources to make more improvements to pvp as a whole rather than create this ranked fiasco.

I would rather see them focus on actually balancing the classes instead of catering to this ranked BS. I mean, considering how few the ranked zones pop I think they should not even worry about season 1 for a while.
Guys like you killing this game.
"You really get nothing"
you getting match vs 8 guys decent team with a good setup. You getting challenge. you getting fun.
l2play.l2getfun.