Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do you not play ranked PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do you not play ranked PvP?

ThorgrimLutgen
07.15.2012 , 11:02 PM | #11
Ranked needs cross server queues now. I do not want to be playing the same 30 people all the time in ranked, I want variation and diversity to make it fun for me. I play for fun, I can have more fun in normal warzones due to the varying opposition.

Personally I do not want to see ranked queues filled people running solo, ranked is about teams and teamwork, but, it needs more participants and the only way to get this, is cross server.

Ghostuka
07.15.2012 , 11:06 PM | #12
I have a juggernaut, and ranked teams that I talked to liked Rage spec, which I don't like at all. That is the reason I don't play in RWZ

For people claiming solo que ranked wz: Solo que in RWZ would be a huge mistake. Even non-ranked wz, people keep complaining about how bad is the random team all the time, imagine how much it would escalate if the win/loss numbers were permanent.
Kánn - Tarděs - Gěn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

Isislol
07.15.2012 , 11:30 PM | #13
[QUOTE=Vratza;4858322]
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
1)

4) No solo ranked queues. This was a SERIOUS mistake.

This

Can't wait to see 2400 rated players who never played vs any decent team because they solo queued all the way to the top playing equally bad players.
They should never allow solo queue ranked, it's team vs team and coordination/team work should be rewarded and not afk'ing "guarding" turret.

Morrolan
07.15.2012 , 11:35 PM | #14
Some form of solo queuing will come but like everything with this game its a case of shutting the door after the horse has bolted. I can predict PvP seriously declining after 28th August.
[Harbinger] <Zeroth Legacy>
Alieraxx-Sent / Morroian-Shadow / Sereorin-Slinger / Fidd'ler-VG
Miranda-Zero-Op / Whiskeyjackxx-PT / Tattersailxx-Sin / Ben'delat-Jugg

Polebreaker
07.15.2012 , 11:36 PM | #15
It needs x-server to work however it's done. It needs solo queue and a real matchmaker to be popular... like a matchmaker that actually picks out balanced teams (like WoT although we all love to complain about that one, it does a decent job) so that people get grouped with similarly rated people and a decent variety of classes.. this could definitely be done without a huge wait given a x-server pool of players.

In short... they couldnt get rateds to work the way people wanted, so they shoved out this half baked full-team-only single-server-only thing so they could say "Aha! Look, rateds! We did it!"

KiranK
07.15.2012 , 11:37 PM | #16
[QUOTE=Isislol;4858424]
Quote: Originally Posted by Vratza View Post

Can't wait to see 2400 rated players who never played vs any decent team because they solo queued all the way to the top playing equally bad players.
They should never allow solo queue ranked, it's team vs team and coordination/team work should be rewarded and not afk'ing "guarding" turret.
As opposed to 2400 rated players who played against the same team the ENTIRE way up the ladder? Oh yes, our current system is so much better.
There's no QQing in baseball.

harleyandsmokey
07.15.2012 , 11:39 PM | #17
I dont do RWZ's because people on general are asking for some kind of gear and a certain levelyou have to be. People are to absorbed on winning and not having fun with other players while doing PVP (just my opinion)
|Darkness| Jedi Covenant
Vainele 55 Scoundrel
Ariein 27 Sniper | Seyrith 41 Juggernuat | Tholiran 21 Powertech

Isislol
07.15.2012 , 11:44 PM | #18
[QUOTE=KiranK;4858442]
Quote: Originally Posted by Isislol View Post

As opposed to 2400 rated players who played against the same team the ENTIRE way up the ladder? Oh yes, our current system is so much better.
With x-realm WZs this shouldn't be happening.

Edit.

Let's be honest, most people who want solo queue ranked don't want competition, they want fast and easy way to get top pvp gear.

Kurfer
07.15.2012 , 11:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Elkirin View Post
40 people on fleet is a very large number lately on my server.
Did you not transfer? It seems all the destination servers per the xfer's are jam packed...

If you didn't xfer then you're a sadist.
Sidii - 50 Assassin | Ducatii - 50 Marauder | Ducatista - 50 Sniper | Testastretta - 50 BH
---------------------------------------------------------------
Vornskr

Kurfer
07.15.2012 , 11:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Morrolan View Post
Some form of solo queuing will come but like everything with this game its a case of shutting the door after the horse has bolted. I can predict PvP seriously declining after 28th August.
And back to normal after all the whiners come back after they realize it was just a sequel to a bargain bin average game and there is no such thing as a perfect game.
Sidii - 50 Assassin | Ducatii - 50 Marauder | Ducatista - 50 Sniper | Testastretta - 50 BH
---------------------------------------------------------------
Vornskr