Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do you not play ranked PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do you not play ranked PvP?

Ntranced
07.16.2012 , 11:42 AM | #111
"I can't play what I want. I can't play how I want. I can't even play with whom I want. Why bother playing? "

Whoever said the above was right on the money.

clickonce
07.16.2012 , 11:52 AM | #112
[QUOTE=Isislol;4858460]
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
Let's be honest, most people who want solo queue ranked don't want competition, they want fast and easy way to get top pvp gear.
How is solo queue (where you are randomly thrown into a group with 7 others) any different than a randomly assembled group based on "looking for RWZ" in general chat?

There is no difference... it just makes it easier to assemble the group. Which would get more people into ranked.

Not sure what your issue is with this.
-----------------------------------
Inspiring rage-quits since 2001.

Totgug
07.16.2012 , 11:58 AM | #113
1. Because if i wanted Ranked, i would go play WOW. (Which that will never ever ever happen.)

2. 4 WZ are not enough and tbh bore the heck out of me. (Need more)

3. need cross server ques. (this will kill ranked if not implemented)

4. because i hate wow pvp.

5. i miss the ORVR in WAR. ( never really was a big WZ fan)

6. miss the PVP in EVE ONLINE ( no wz, just pew pew at its finest in open world)

7. did i say i hate wow pvp.

I did try it for a week, and decided that Ranked is horrible. I dont care if i win or lose, its just stupid. i am personally just lvling alts to 50 and then sitting them there. cant wait for aug 28th to come for some real Open world. game may look bad, but atleast it has TONS of real PVP.

timidobserver
07.16.2012 , 12:05 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
It seemed that everyone was disappointed when ranked matches were left out of 1.2, but now that they are here with 1.3 there does not seem to be too many of them happening at least not on my server (Bergeren Colony).

The reason I don't participate in them is because I cannot find people that want to, their reasons vary, so I wanted to ask the general PvP populace.

Why aren't you playing ranked PvP matches?

If you are I don't really want to know, but it seems like few are.
I don't play ranked because ranked pvp on my server is controlled by a few republic guilds. Most people have spent time pvping and pveing. The republic side on my server has a few guilds that have done absolutely nothing but PVP since launch. Each of them has multiple full war hero augmented classes, so they can create perfect cookie cutter groups. This has caused most people to avoid rankeds. These guilds are easier to deal with if you only have to deal with 4 of them as opposed to 8.

Until the queueing system stops pairing average rank 2000 groups with average rank 900 groups, many people on my server won't ranked pvp much.
Hi.

SlimsPicken
07.16.2012 , 12:08 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post

Rated teams use every exploit, trick, and FOTM tool in the box to win. That actually makes the game 10x less fun. I can't play what I want. I can't play how I want. I can't even play with whom I want. Why bother playing?
This line sums it up.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

VoidJustice
07.16.2012 , 12:17 PM | #116
SOLO Q NEEDED... solves most problems...

Also there will always be imbalance and therefore there needs to be class requirements for teams...
Just because Bioware (nor anyone else really) can balance classes... doesn't mean folks should be
penalized for not playing FOTM.
Understanding is the true weapon of a Jedi and willpower is the iron clad arm that wields it.

islander
07.16.2012 , 12:23 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post

Also there will always be imbalance and therefore there needs to be class requirements for teams...
Just because Bioware (nor anyone else really) can balance classes... doesn't mean folks should be
penalized for not playing FOTM.
You still around? I havent seen you in a queue forever.

I have a Rebel alt I'm slowly leveling, I'll probably join you guys if you want but I won't be playing much.

**back to the regular thread **
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

oredith
07.16.2012 , 12:23 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post
while I would love to have this (because i don't have a regular group to run with), i'm not seeing how this actually solves much. all it does is make rated, act like unrated.

the MAIN problem is that rated comms are treated with more value in game, when in fact, they require no additional input.

rated needs something else as incentive.
(╯°□°)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Tserik
07.16.2012 , 01:07 PM | #119
Thats funny, we regularly run with a sorc healer, 1-2 Sorc Dps, a Pyro Merc or his concealment OP alt and around half of us should be hitting 2400 tonight.

Maybe its not as much as a comp thing as you think?

Yes we've been beatin by a 3 PT team, we've beaten them as well.

The biggest problem im having with rateds right now is the good games are too few and far between. Even when other high rated teams are queueing (not currently in a game but in queue) well get matched against a lower rated team to smash on for 2 points. Its not fun for us either, most of us have been geared and properly modded long before rateds came out, were doing it for the sole purpose of playing other teams to try and out think and match our opponents.

also 2200 for a peice o crap black lawnmower that looks the same as the rank 2 lawnmower... not cool.

VoidJustice
07.16.2012 , 01:31 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
while I would love to have this (because i don't have a regular group to run with), i'm not seeing how this actually solves much. all it does is make rated, act like unrated.

the MAIN problem is that rated comms are treated with more value in game, when in fact, they require no additional input.

rated needs something else as incentive.
Why SOLO RATED Q's would be great!

1) Matches become more competitive as folks are grouped around skill levels (more exciting, less frustrating).
2) You can't get better playing folks of wildly different skill level, you need to learn against folks your speed
3) I want to know where I stand and I want to improve! Call it Epeen but, I personally play games to get better and to do that I need a metric...
4) Fast matches against GOOD teams with GOOD teammates... (also the opposite if you need a handycap)
5) more people pvp'ing means more interest in pvp and hopefully MOAR PVP DEVELOPMENT!

I want ranked solo q the same reason almost every online game has them... to play fair games against equally matched opponents and get better.
Understanding is the true weapon of a Jedi and willpower is the iron clad arm that wields it.