Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best BoP items for Crew Skills

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Best BoP items for Crew Skills

Letsjet
07.15.2012 , 06:57 PM | #1
I'm just getting into crafting. I have a huge amount of credits saved and one or two of each class or ac in th 30. I still havent figured out my main but i'm paring down.

Now, I have to tackle Crew Skills. there is never what Armoring mod or Barrell on the GTN when I need it.

I'm attempting to srart assigning my characters their Crew Shills, but one thing freaks me out a little.

I saw that cybertech gets Bind on Pickup speeders and Bio get very strong BoP medkits.

That said, what other BoP benefits could be lurking out there.

I'm tank/dps/healer and I have Never crafted in any mmo and only foraged inmmo because it was crazy lucritive.
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

JFerret
07.16.2012 , 05:51 AM | #2
Cybertech mounts are no longer BoP.

Dont know if Biochem Medpacks and Stims are BoP but they have a biochem requirement to use anyway.

Armormech/Synthweaving can craft BoP Rakata gear.

I dont know about the others but at this moment in time I do not find any of the crew skills lucrative due to the last patch handing out bh comms and the flashpoints now giving out Columi Ears (previously v hard to get or only available from a Cybertech) they have basically ruined all the crew skills and people have ruined the market by selling things too low to make a profit.

Crew skills are now only useful for levelling alts imo.

venomlash
07.16.2012 , 09:20 AM | #3
Your best bet, for BoP swag, would probably be either Biochem (saves you loads on stims/medpacs/adrenals) or Armormech/Synthweaving (get your Rakata belt/bracer right off the bat). Those last two have the added advantage of being able to make augments.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

jamescloutier
07.16.2012 , 10:13 AM | #4
Orange belts & bracers are usually better than the Rakata ones if you can get your hands on rank 25 mods & armor. Also with the augment kits being put into place anything can be augmented now.

Biochem reusables are the only crew skill perk worth having for PvE. Reusuable stims are good for both PvE & PvP. Adrenals only work in PvE now and are too expensive to make consumable versions of. Reusable medpack especially for tank classes help though they do have a 1 uses per fight lockout.

But keep in mind that BW has stated they will not be adding in any more reusable verions of items moving forward. So once the level cap gets raised (no date on this yet) these perks will not be nearly as good.

Manahawkin
07.16.2012 , 10:53 AM | #5
Cybertech can still craft BoP reusable grenades... They have a long cooldown tho, so situationally useful at best... Probably better in pvp than pve, where a well-timed AE slow grenade can sometimes win a Hutball match.

GnatB
07.16.2012 , 10:55 AM | #6
Biochem (reuseble stims/medpacks/adrenals) & Cybertech (reuseable grenades) are currently the only crewskills with any real perk for having them. (other than the ability to sell things for money, which all the crewskills do quite well)

Bioware has already said that going forward it intends to phase out all such perks, (the BoP bracers/belts have pretty much already been made obsolete, and bioware has made fairly good strides towards making the reuseables obsolete at end game, though they are still quite useful before then)

So, my advice would be to pick a crewskill that makes things you'd like to sell. If you don't plan on selling, then pick biochem.

(and P.S. most people seem to get their armorings/barrels/etc. via commendations, which is why there aren't many for sale. Not much of a market.)