Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tomb of Freedom Nadd - Home for competitive PvP (EU/English)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tomb of Freedom Nadd - Home for competitive PvP (EU/English)

AgrippAA
12.14.2011 , 09:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by cakeyeah View Post
Anyone with an Ace Rimmer sig gets my vote. Well said, sir.
what a guy

Dekadez
12.14.2011 , 09:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazarast View Post
The Spanish community has decided to play in the ToFN. We are not going to go to another server. We have decided via a democratic way that we'll go to that server and respect the official language. We invite everyone who wants to play alongside with us. Of course, there are always trolls and people who don't know how to respect other people. This kind of people don't represent the Spanish community.

Sorry for the poor grammar.
As much as I'd like to believe your nice words, I don't. Spanish/Italian/Swedish/Russian/etc. only guilds don't care much for English, why should they? All they need is their mother tongue to communicate. Especially in a game that has already been translated into their mother tongue.

Previous MMO's have shown that 'unofficial <insert linguistic community>' servers are a cesspit of different languages in the public chat channels, making it absolutely horrible for those who do make the effort to speak English, despite it not being their mother tongue (Like the Dutch, we're so doomed Belgians and Keeskoppen).

I loved the idea of making ToFN the focal point for EU PvP minded people, but if it's going to be dominated by people refusing to speak English...With pain in my heart, I'll have to choose another server.

It's all about respect.

xBuzz
12.14.2011 , 09:20 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by cakeyeah View Post
Anyone with an Ace Rimmer sig gets my vote. Well said, sir.
"I'm Ace Rimmer. There'll be time for explanations later—and, hopefully, some sex."
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

onmikesline
12.14.2011 , 09:20 AM | #24
great thread

HOBAzgaard
12.14.2011 , 09:34 AM | #25
i would just like to point out that TOFN will be best server world. this is a fact.
HAND OF BLOOD
a Republic Guild?

TOFN - PvPing like bawses

GiottoBurglar
12.14.2011 , 10:15 AM | #26
omg any spanish player from Hispanea (lotro guild) in this server???

Halefthaut
12.14.2011 , 10:20 AM | #27
Thumbs up xbuzz, im on your wagon hoping for the best.

Lets see how it goes. If not... may the Death Star blow this server away!

ozirizo
12.14.2011 , 10:45 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Halefthaut View Post
Point 1: you dont really thing everybody will respect official language, do you? history in MMO´s says so
think* don't*

The wonder of playing in an European server is that you're surrounded by people from different cultures, who speak a different language, and give you a chance to enrich your life. That's usually the main reason why humans travel around the world.

I'm pretty sure Bioware has competent people overseeing the good behavior of the community. If you happen to find an infraction, please feel free to report it to a Game Master. Else, please save your judgment over people you don't know at all.

Most of Spanish community is angered that german is considerer over the 3rd most used language in the world (being the order english>chinese>spanish), and there are communities plotting to spam the chats with spanish until Bioware bends over and consider game translation.
Link, quote, screenshot, or you're just making that up.

Do you even speak proper spanish to be able to read a text and get the actual meaning of it? Can you provide us with a backup for your statement?

By the way, it's Chinese>Spanish>English. And no, we don't care about germans being considered for making business before us.

Spaniards are here to stay
The only affirmation you got right.

ozirizo
12.14.2011 , 11:01 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
As much as I'd like to believe your nice words, I don't. Spanish/Italian/Swedish/Russian/etc. only guilds don't care much for English, why should they? All they need is their mother tongue to communicate. Especially in a game that has already been translated into their mother tongue.

Previous MMO's have shown that 'unofficial <insert linguistic community>' servers are a cesspit of different languages in the public chat channels, making it absolutely horrible for those who do make the effort to speak English, despite it not being their mother tongue (Like the Dutch, we're so doomed Belgians and Keeskoppen).

I loved the idea of making ToFN the focal point for EU PvP minded people, but if it's going to be dominated by people refusing to speak English...With pain in my heart, I'll have to choose another server.

It's all about respect.
I'm a veteran player of LOTRO. I play on the unofficial server of the spanish community. We happily coexist with a player base full of Greeks, Italians, Dutch, Finnish, Portuguese, British, Irish, etc. Most, if not all, of the non-english-native players have their own user created channels to freely speak their own language.

We (spanish-speaking players) will also group, play, talk, with any player regarding of their race, language, culture or any other personal stuff.

We are here to play, and just as we embrace anyone as friends, wish to be welcomed (just like anyone else) as guests wherever we go.

I beg you to put away any prejudice you might have about us, because as you know, generalizing is never the smart thing to do.

Senden
12.14.2011 , 11:19 AM | #30
Definitely feeling this server.. you know you're onto a winner when in the unofficial thread people are quoting Ace Rimmer.