Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tomb of Freedom Nadd - Home for competitive PvP (EU/English)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tomb of Freedom Nadd - Home for competitive PvP (EU/English)

Valknir
12.14.2011 , 08:08 AM | #11
We are not planning to just spamm 24/7 in spanish so Bioware decides to translate the game.
We just want a place we can call home! (LOL)

JabbaCG
12.14.2011 , 08:09 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Halefthaut View Post
and there are communities plotting to spam the chats with spanish until Bioware bends over and consider game translation.
That's fake and there is no evidence about that. If there is, then show it.

We are encouraging spanish people to respect the rules and almost begging to avoid to speak in spanish in general and public chats. We can't know what will happen, but there is not anyone plotting as you say.

Also I'd like english community to stay in the server, since I like to improve my english. Italians are welcome too if they respect rules and language.

AgrippAA
12.14.2011 , 08:13 AM | #13
I have no problem with the server being the home to Spanish players - most of them probably speak better English than i do

Besides it doesn't matter too much where everyone is from or what languages they can or cant understand - we all share a common interest in the game and no one really want to ruin the experience for other people in any way. More people on the server is a good thing, it means that we wont have to worry about barren PvP areas which would be my biggest concern from previous games.

Id rather have to queue to get on than face the prospect of migrating away from a barren server after a few months.

Antarchan
12.14.2011 , 08:22 AM | #14
There will be a spanish chat (/hispano) so don't worry about.

Pd. Good news, spanish operafan here glad to meet with italian dudes.

Senden
12.14.2011 , 08:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Halefthaut View Post
Im not talking about myself on this matter, just stating facts and the shape of things to come

Im spanish also, and i dont have problems with english, im a MMO veteran long before WoW

Italians? awesome . IŽd prefer russians tho, they are like the best pvpers ever.
I'm pretty sure the Italians were re-evaluating where to go to. Seriously though, just admit it, you're here on this thread because you're on a different pvp server and just trying to deter pvpers from wanting to come on TOFN.

Halefthaut
12.14.2011 , 08:36 AM | #16
Im not on any server yet. As i said, stating facts

KLGr
12.14.2011 , 08:44 AM | #17
I don't think that those who criticise the "Spanish Invasion" really care about the use of language in public channels. I am sure that report-ignore will work like a charm, and frankly reporting a post written in a language which cannot be understood is fair game..It could be spam/advertising for all I know.

The problem that some ppl have is that this server was selected for the PVP EU initiative and they don't feel comfortable having large national blocks as they believe it may compromise the initial effort.

But, there is nothing they can do about it. Given the way that the initiative was publicly advertised I don't think they / we are in a position to prevent other communities from joining. The interested communities should consider entering a cut-throat, swashbuckling environment. If they don't mind doing so I don't care and I welcome them. Although the first time I see a "Morientes98" complaining about being ganked in public chat I ll giggle (a bit ).

cakeyeah
12.14.2011 , 08:57 AM | #18
We could do with some decent Empire guilds. I'm seeing 99% scrubs. Wiping 40+ with 15 gets boring after the tenth time.
TAINTED - TOFN Republic

currently busy thinking of a new way to be a bombtard

xBuzz
12.14.2011 , 09:02 AM | #19
This server will become an awesome server.

I welcome our Spaniard friends who have decided to join us. All the more people for pvp and to make this server awesome.

This is a European server, there's going to be every nationality and language on EVERY server. Trying to find a server without these communties is impossible.

The only people posting negative comments in this thread are people from LOL server, who are desperately trying to get people to join their server, which is basically empty.

The PvP server initiative already has a huge amount of dedicated pvpers joining this server (over 4.5k), so join TOFN or LOL, it doesn't matter, it won't effect the awesome pvp community that will be on TOFN regardless.

TOFN isn't a PvP Inititative server, or a spaniard community server anymore. It's TOFN community server and i'm sure we will all work to make it the best server we can, because it will be our home!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

cakeyeah
12.14.2011 , 09:06 AM | #20
Anyone with an Ace Rimmer sig gets my vote. Well said, sir.
TAINTED - TOFN Republic

currently busy thinking of a new way to be a bombtard