Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Willpower vs power

ICSWOR
07.19.2012 , 11:31 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by leijae View Post
The pvp aspect of dps damage demands for shadows to have a high and fast burst. A 1v1 battle doesn't last longer than a min unless you're 2 tanks or 2 healers going at it. So, I consistently hit for about 4700k-5200 in pvp with 3 different attacks. I get those numbers from stacking power. They may not be the highest in the game, but they're not that bad. I HAVE stacked willpower and did not get the same results (4500-5000). You're theory is great. But in all practicality it's worthless in PvP. However, I will give you this. in PvE, where battles last much longer, you're probably right to stack willpower as overtime you'll get the higher dps. So, I do concede in that sense. But, you won't win me over concerning PvP.
Even on a 1 min fight the WP will net you more damage, throwing out random numbers does not constitute proof. Test it out on a dummy, do a 20 second run then a min run. Do this multple times and post those numbers. You will see that WP will win the majority of the time. Sure there will be some runs where power will win but there will be other cases where WP will just utterly dominate, all do to rng, but WP will win out in the end over many fights even short duration fights.

To win consistently fight after fight, wz to wz the crit from WP will win out. Its not theory its hard data with parses to back it up that has demonstrated WP is better than power.

Its not about winning someone over, everyone can decide what they want. Its about presenting facts, not feelings or intuition. Show the facts and each individual can make thier own decision. Are their scenarios where power is better? Could be. Show the data, we are constantly learning and adapting, by presenting the data we learn and adjust. Just so far all the examples presented have shown WP wins.

Aurojiin
07.19.2012 , 01:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by leijae View Post
But, you won't win me over concerning PvP.
M'kay. You enjoy that 4 additional bonus damage that's massively improving your burst and changing the outcome of all your PVP engagements.

Khevar
07.19.2012 , 03:05 PM | #23
Aurojiin > Chuck Norris

Aurojiin
07.19.2012 , 07:53 PM | #24
I just wish I could roundhouse kick people through the internet.

leijae
07.20.2012 , 07:16 AM | #25
after running a couple of tests through MOX, I did a couple of training dummy exercises in power augments and a few in wp augments. I can upload the combat log when i get home this afternoon, and i can upload the video to youtube. my results showed that the power augments gave me a slightly higher dps, when i ran the same tests on a pve dummy for the exact same about of time (45 seconds each) the willpower came out on top. i know you're all a bunch of nei saying ninnies so, I WILL upload the log sometime after dinner.

L-RANDLE
07.20.2012 , 02:45 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
Do you believe that an additional 0.3% damage (1052 damage - 1048 damage / 1052 damage) is preferable to +1.2% crit?
In the realm of probabilities, 1.2% amounts to nothing. Since we have a crit talent, it really makes 1.2% even more irrelevant... Take power...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Boarg
07.20.2012 , 03:01 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
In the realm of probabilities, 1.2% amounts to nothing. Since we have a crit talent, it really makes 1.2% even more irrelevant... Take power...
And increasing hit size by 0.3% doesn't amount to nothing?

If we're down to pinching pennies, we might as well take the nickel.

Khevar
07.20.2012 , 03:18 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
I'm going to repeat my question, since neither you or leijae have actually answered it. I'll try to break it down for you.
Quote:
Do you believe that

an additional 0.3% damage (1052 damage - 1048 damage / 1052 damage)

is preferable to

+1.2% crit?

L-RANDLE
07.20.2012 , 07:18 PM | #29
I'm going to repeat my question, since neither you or leijae have actually answered it. I'll try to break it down for you.
I was never asked, but the fact that we have a crit talent should have been answer enough, but in case you are not clear on my stance, yes, power, since we have a crit talent on a reletively short CD. As long as we are talking point for point, its the better choice at higher gear levels...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Nocadoj
07.22.2012 , 03:45 PM | #30
Here is a Healing Sage build on AskMrRobot in Black Hole / Campaign gear with 14 Resolve Augments:
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...3-69c72e9693de

2202 willpower
946 bonus damage
720 bonus healing
37.94% crit
75.82% surge

Here is that same Healing Sage with 14 Overkill Augments instead
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-0bd7a7501cdc

1922 willpower
948 bonus damage
724 bonus healing
36.64% crit
75.82% surge

Losing 1.3% critical for a measly +4 bonus healing? Nopers.

Willpower > Power
In addition to this, Mr. Robot does not give you an option to plug your Willpower stim in, which would be affected by your +6% willpower talent, thus making the Willpower > Power even more evident.

I think the rule of thumb for Mainstat vs Power is always choose Mainstat if you have a mainstat % increase in your talent tree. If your class/spec does not, Power will give the slight advantage.
Joda