Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Male or Female and Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Male or Female and Why?

zorphon
07.14.2012 , 08:04 PM | #1
I've seen multiple threads on this, but I still can't come to a conclusion.

I heard the female VA has a great voice and in reality I will be listening to the voice the majority of the game, so that's a huge plus.

However, the Male IA apparently (from the other threads) has less 'annoying' or overly exaggerated flirtation options and is more 'smooth' with the ladies. The VA is supposedly still good just not as good as the female one.

And then there's the romance options, in which the females can get the bug guy, and the males either Kaliyo or the chick you get later.

I'm leaning towards male because the flirt options are apparently better, but is it worth it for the flirt/romance options even though the female VA is superior throughout the WHOLE game? I'm not sure.

What do you guys think? I'm going to be rolling an Operative, so in my mind both genders fit in great lore-wise.
Proud Trooper - Protect and Eradicate
None can stand in our way - For the Republic!
The Aztrum Legacy
50 Commando ~ Zorph, Founder

chuixupu
07.14.2012 , 11:47 PM | #2
There's another thread that's pretty fresh and still on the front page of this forum, why not start there? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=501952
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Mistress_Ivi
07.14.2012 , 11:52 PM | #3
If the VA is what you want, go with female, if that doesn't sell you...

- Consider appearances, medium armour has some interesting choices... such as the maruader stuff; half tops and the like. Can look Sassy, Sexy and deadly.
- Consider the two romances; Do you like Kaliyo, or would you rather the Joiner from Alderaan?

Either way, the flirt options are no biggy... as an Agent, both Genders receive a Voss live-partner and I'll tell you now, I think the Female Agent gets alot of 'lovin' compared to other classes of the same gender.

I personally like the male voice actor more... but it's all about looks for me ,)
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

HavocMaster
07.15.2012 , 08:31 AM | #4
I would recommend a male Imperial Agent. I know some people don't like the voice, or feel that the female IA overshadows it, but I loved it. It has some of the best flirts in the game, significantly better than those of the female IA, and has a calm, quiet, tone I just love. He never raises his voice, but can do anger and other emotions well, and in my opinion is the best VA in the game.

Khalhazar
07.15.2012 , 08:48 AM | #5
Male has the best voice and better dialogue. He also gets a FAR better resolution to a particular plot-point at the end of Ch3. However, female gets Vector. There's really no contest; I'd be tempted to go female if I was starting over.

Mutive
07.15.2012 , 12:05 PM | #6
I personally loved both VAs. (I thought male was stronger, actually. But both are really solid - some of the best VA work in the game is in agent.) I'd listen to a bit of both, though. If you greatly prefer one to the other, that's your choice.

Most of the armor looks pretty similar on either, IMHO. So that's not that big a deal. Again, would you rather run around as a male or female character?

I do think that Vector is the best romance option (by a long shot). But Temple and Kaliyo have their moments. (I actually find Kaliyo pretty hilarious in her own way.)

And you do get more flirts, and a few parts just work better as a male agent. (It almost certainly was written for a male agent.) So if you're totally undecided/don't care, that may be a plus. I've liked my male agent better. But both are pretty freaking awesome.

Sivn
07.16.2012 , 10:32 AM | #7
I really like the VA of the female agent (she also did female hawke in DA2) and so will level a female Agent sometime soon........but am holding on for now as i dont want to romance or flirt with any males (my fem agent is all for the girls).

Although at the same time i fancy leveling a male Agent due to all the flirts he can get.

Ah choices and i only have 1 char spot free.

chuixupu
07.16.2012 , 11:38 AM | #8
Fortunately there's a good chance we'll get extra characters slots in the next year or so
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

z-monty
07.16.2012 , 03:25 PM | #9
I have a male agent and I've always thought the voice acting was spot on. If I had to complain about voice acting, it would be the male consular, but that's for another time. Both male and female have that kind of 'suave' feel to them, although maybe it's just the accents that get me.

As for flirt options, you can either get bug-boy for female, or a choice of either a half crazed anarcist who loves to cause some destruction just for the sake of causing destruction, or the fall-in-line imperial soldier chick. Personally, I'd advice for the somewhat insane anarcist because, frankly, she's probably the most "interesting" companion in the game, although she is very much the type where you love her to death or just want to push her out the airlock on your ship. I personally love her, but thats just me
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

Mutive
07.16.2012 , 11:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by z-monty View Post
I'd advice for the somewhat insane anarcist because, frankly, she's probably the most "interesting" companion in the game, although she is very much the type where you love her to death or just want to push her out the airlock on your ship. I personally love her, but thats just me
I honestly think that if you don't love Kaliyo, you're not really meant to play agent. She's an amazing character. (And I'm really annoyed that she's not a s/s romance option.) And it is great fun to interact with her, as you always half want to kill her...but sort of like her anyway. Although really, every companion in agent is beautifully written. (and acted)