Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lethality vs. Engineering vs. MM for PvE Ops

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Lethality vs. Engineering vs. MM for PvE Ops

02.11.2013 , 04:57 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Any comments on the three dot + cull without wb hybrid speccs? Would love a similar checkup on that specc that is updated to the list in the first post.
You do use 3 dots in lethality/engineering, but only CD and CG increase the amount of cull damage. Interrogation probe is there for filler. Lethality/engineering does parse higher on operations dummies and once mastered, it will out damage any other spec in just about every boss fight. However, it is a little more of a learning curve than pure lethality, which is good balance. I like being rewarded with higher damage for playing a more difficult spec. It really isn't like that for most classes.
The Vanity Legacy

03.05.2013 , 03:34 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Mines in rakata with some campaign armorings, I recently switched to a leth/eng hybrid and can now hit 1500 on the ops dummy where as pure lethality was 1200 before and MM even lower.

Rotation I use for the hybrid is explosive probe (opener) > Interrogation probe > Corrosive grenade > Corrosive dart > Cull> Series of shots then a filler (either rifle shot/Orbital strike/snipe/ambush or shatter shot if it's not up) Cull again before the DoTs wear out then start from beginning or from the interrogation probe.

Thing you might notice is if you follow that as written out you'll run out of energy quickly, so every two abilities or so I add a rifle shot in between for sustained energy and less RS when I require burst.

I highly recommend the hybrid spec over the pure lethality tree (the talent build should be posted on this forum somewhere it's where I found it).
Hit 50 last night, tried most spec on the dummy. Still most unaugmented (some have level 40 power aug) in tionese, slapped a 63 barrel on the sniper, and a WH offhand.

Full lethality : 1350 dps
MM : 1220ish

So full rakata and barely hitting 1200 sounds like a rotation issue or a gear one (mods etc).