Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Athiss needs retuning

12.19.2011 , 12:15 AM | #1
I just ran Athiss tonight, and it was very unrewarding.

Up until the group got to the beast boss outside the Sith temple proper, it felt like an instance built for 2 people. Then in the temple itself, the difficulty ramped up, making the whole experience rather inconsistent.

In addition, the boss was a slough, requiring too much healing to negotiate. Our level 19 Jedi Sage was not able to heal the massive damage the group was receiving with the periodic massive DoT the boss was dishing out. She would run out of force halfway through every time, and we would wipe shortly thereafter. This is the first time something like this has happened.

IMO the difficulty at the start needs to be closer to the difficulty at the end. Making the beginning pulls harder, and the last ones easier. Also, I think the boss having less health would be best.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Anyone have any idea of what we did wrong?

12.19.2011 , 12:25 AM | #2
Are you sure you're doing it the way you should aswell? Some people haven't noticed that the DoT also blows up for AoE damage at the end, and while healing the person with the DoT shouldn't be an issue, if the people stand in a group and take the AoE damage I can see how you would wipe.
And ofcourse, some people have issues avoiding the fires, but I don't know if you have that problem.

12.19.2011 , 12:31 AM | #3
I have not noticed AoE damage from the DoT. Damage seems to be well centralized to one person, taking half of their health off easily in one DoT.

edit: Thing was I was specifically looking for the AoE at the end, because I saw an AoE animation, and I still didn't notice any AoE damage.

12.19.2011 , 12:36 AM | #4
Trust me, there's AoE damage when the dot expires, there's even an animation for it blowing up on the ground.
Try sending the one with the DoT out of range from everyone else before it expires, you'll notice a huge difference in damage taken.

12.19.2011 , 01:34 AM | #5
I can confirm that after the DoT there is an AoE damage and the way SWTOR does it it's very easy to see who has the DoT on them so just tell them to run away for a second. It's much more a skill fight than a power fight, I imagine a group of 17s could do this fight if they knew what to do.

Tell person with SOUL REND to run wide circles away from the group...

Tell person with AFFLICTION to run away from the group and put a hot/keep them healed...

Watch the prophet keel over dead and drop you 2 orange level 21 items.

12.19.2011 , 01:40 AM | #6
I did Athiss on my level 19 Sawbones and last boss healing requires no much effort at all.The tank won't take much damage and you have only to heal up the person who's been afflicted by the nasty dot.
Yes the dot will blow up when it's finish ticking.
50 Maxxtross Scoundrel/Sawbones - Master Dar'nala
50 Maxtross Juggernaut/Immortal - Master Dar'nala
55 Hijaumax Sage/Seer - Dalborra

12.19.2011 , 01:41 AM | #7
Did the Flashpoint yesterday for the first time, me as 21 tank and the dps 19sh, with a healer L26 ><

Ofcourse healing department was superior to say an equal to team level and we didnt have any problems.

Positioning of the team during the beast boss, make it face the wall and have the group assembled always together and moving always together for easier aoe management on adds.

Aside from that, i wasnt really taking any real damage and the adds were taking care off when we did the trick with the group bunching together.

Its an endurance fight after all, wasnt too hard at all.

Even the last boss was about the same thing.

as tank the only damage i was taking was at the end when he started charging those lightnings, but it was just a spike to heal like from 100% health down to 75%. Nothing really worth saying.

The answer is having better team members, more experienced.

As a side note, the DPS counsular was complaining for getting oom very soon.

my healer was Commando though
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

12.19.2011 , 01:55 AM | #8
You meant the DPS consular ran OOF(out of force) quickly? hehe

I think the beast boss fight and last boss is pretty fun, and those Temple Guardians,
man they surely can wreck some havoc with their abilities.
50 Maxxtross Scoundrel/Sawbones - Master Dar'nala
50 Maxtross Juggernaut/Immortal - Master Dar'nala
55 Hijaumax Sage/Seer - Dalborra

12.19.2011 , 01:59 AM | #9
i also did the healing as a lvl19 sage and didnt have a problem with any part

12.19.2011 , 02:04 AM | #10
No real issues when me and my group went on this one, the only real random thing was how many and how fast adds came out when fighting that giant beast about halfway in though that made it a bit more of a challenge.
Kicking butt with Squadron 367

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force."