Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Expanded storyline's not coming until "next year or so"?:(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Expanded storyline's not coming until "next year or so"?:(

Jakobpoop
07.14.2012 , 05:11 AM | #1
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...cement-wrap-up

Chaper 4 was the thing im looking forward to most in swtor, and i guess that's what they mean with "New story content coming in the next "year or so" ".
Sure im exited for Makeb and the story that will set there, but expanded story lines would be so much better in my opinion.
Anyways, i just thought i'd share

Sparklehorse
07.14.2012 , 05:13 AM | #2
Good. It's gonna take me that long to get through all the current stories.
Stop exploding you cowards!

Vitas
07.14.2012 , 05:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakobpoop View Post

Chaper 4 was the thing im looking forward to most in swtor, and i guess that's what they mean with "New story content coming in the next "year or so" ".
Sure im exited for Makeb and the story that will set there, but expanded story lines would be so much better in my opinion.
Also the story which will come with HK-51 and the other flashpoints and operations.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Rayla_Felana
07.14.2012 , 05:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklehorse View Post
Good. It's gonna take me that long to get through all the current stories.
Already done all of the ones I care for, the thing that annoys me, is that this sounds like SGRAs won't be coming for another year, greatly dampening my thoughts on my future with this game.

jedip_enguin
07.14.2012 , 05:39 AM | #5
For all the fuss they made about story being the linchpin of what makes this game special that seems like a fairly long time to have to wait.

Lazzer
07.14.2012 , 06:27 AM | #6
If we are having to wait that long then I hope that they are adding another 200 hours per class, I'm not sure that I'll that happy having to wait that length of time for something that I have completed in a week.

HeavensAgent
07.14.2012 , 06:27 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
For all the fuss they made about story being the linchpin of what makes this game special that seems like a fairly long time to have to wait.
They didn't understand at the time that story alone is not a viable avenue for continued development in an MMORPG. They're still learning.
Del'lantam Trooper of Alpha Company, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Lazzer
07.14.2012 , 06:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
They didn't understand at the time that story alone is not a viable avenue for continued development in an MMORPG. They're still learning.
But for a lot of people it is the only thing that sets this game apart from other game's levelling experiences, if they raise the cap then they need to add to the class story to level as they have set that as a precedence.

amnie
07.14.2012 , 06:41 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Already done all of the ones I care for, the thing that annoys me, is that this sounds like SGRAs won't be coming for another year, greatly dampening my thoughts on my future with this game.
yeah was about to say the same things. there are certain things they promissed for THIS year, including SGRA, that I really really REALLY (more caps!) wanted in this game from the start and am .still. disappointed about not being a priority in a game that was supposed to 'bring the RPG back into the MMO'... a Bioware game - to me - includes SGRA, and I'm starting to become just a tiny bit impatient. it's just really upsetting in the long run.

Blackardin
07.14.2012 , 06:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakobpoop View Post

Well, rather then doom and gloom over what is not going to be added next, I'd rather look forward to what is going to be added next. This is a long term event aimed at spanning 7 to 10 years. Plenty of time, and I am looking forward to all the content as it comes rolling in.
May the Schwartz be with you....