Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2-3 maintenance days a week is too much

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2-3 maintenance days a week is too much

Pcolapat
07.14.2012 , 03:42 AM | #1
Bioware, you can't justify it.

You may say it is necessary, but why is it necessary? I can understand unscheduled maintenance every once in awhile, but it is becoming so frequent that it might as well be scheduled maintenance.

The maintenance and unscheduled down times occur often at the same time every night you do them. If a subscriber plays regularly at that time then you are disrupting his/her game time too often.

When this occurs a few times it is no big deal, but when guilds have to cut short raids two and three times a week for maintenance, it becomes irritating.

I want a game that runs smoothly, and understand that it requires maintenance, but there just seems to be too many disruptions lately.

Once a week is what you should try to stick to unless it is absolutly crucial that you have to deviate from that schedule. If you can't maintain that standard more often than you are now, then compensation should be considered for those that are affected.
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

Space_Gimp
07.14.2012 , 03:51 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Pcolapat View Post
You may say it is necessary, but why is it necessary?
We have discussed this over and over and over until our minds grew numb and melted out of our ears. It's the game engine. Yeah it sucks. Yes its BioWare's fault. No its not going to get better. Don't eat yellow snow.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence." - Ghandi

Pcolapat
07.14.2012 , 04:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Space_Gimp View Post
We have discussed this over and over and over until our minds grew numb and melted out of our ears. It's the game engine. Yeah it sucks. Yes its BioWare's fault. No its not going to get better. Don't eat yellow snow.
Well it is simply this- Everytime they bring the servers down we get less value for our subscription.
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

Mossesman
07.14.2012 , 04:06 AM | #4
So you would rather have just the one day a week then? What if they find a game breaking bug (for arguements sake, nobody is getting loot from flashpoints or operations, or there is a bug where people are getting 100x the rewards from warzones), would you have them say "Oh this is a game breaking bug but we have to wait until we fix it because maintenance was yesterday?"
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Darthaes
07.14.2012 , 04:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mossesman View Post
So you would rather have just the one day a week then? What if they find a game breaking bug (for arguements sake, nobody is getting loot from flashpoints or operations, or there is a bug where people are getting 100x the rewards from warzones), would you have them say "Oh this is a game breaking bug but we have to wait until we fix it because maintenance was yesterday?"
So your saying this is happening every week? Because that's what it looks like.

If so thats hard to belive that there is a game beaking bug every week. When servers are brought down more than once a week and people arnt compensated for their time they feel less value.

Other mmos only do 1 maintenance a week so why is this game having 2 days a week alot?

Some games just do a rolling restart from time to time and not bring servers down for a day.

What say you?

Mossesman
07.14.2012 , 04:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthaes View Post
So your saying this is happening every week? Because that's what it looks like.

If so thats hard to belive that there is a game beaking bug every week. When servers are brought down more than once a week and people arnt compensated for their time they feel less value.

Other mmos only do 1 maintenance a week so why is this game having 2 days a week alot?

Some games just do a rolling restart from time to time and not bring servers down for a day.

What say you?
Ofcourse i didnt mean to imply there are game breaking bugs every week, i used it for arguements sake.

But there are always problems popping up in mmo's. On Tuesday i think the majority of the servers were lagging quite badly. They eventually crashed and Bioware were forced to do a bit of emergency maintenance for half an hour or so.

Sure, i hate maintenance as much as the next guy, but in the end i would rather play an MMO which is almost problem free than be forced to put up with a bug(s) until the next maintenance schedule.
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

spectreclees
07.14.2012 , 04:49 AM | #7
For a game that came out 8 months ago. It's actually rather normal.

SweKaiser
07.14.2012 , 04:53 AM | #8
I dont get it so someone please explain it too me.

So people rather have buggy game with glitches here and there rather then having them fix the issues?

jedip_enguin
07.14.2012 , 04:53 AM | #9
I admit, more than one maintenance a week does not look great, but I'd rather they fixed problems right away where possible.
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

utio
07.14.2012 , 04:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
For a game that came out 8 months ago. It's actually rather normal.
No it's not. It's called unscheduled maintenance because it's not normal.

I think they'd be best off having 2 maintenance windows scheduled per week. It'd save alot of unnecessary aggro.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE