Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post FOTJ Novel announced: Crucible

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Post FOTJ Novel announced: Crucible

ProfessorWalsh
07.21.2012 , 03:12 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by MaceTowani View Post
But I honestly don't know if I would continue with much interest after Ben's story is told, so in a way I am like you but much younger, no offense.
No worries and none taken.

You hit the nail on the head about why I don't like Legacy too.

Legacy took everything Skywalker accomplished, crumpled it up, threw it in a trash can, and then said, "Meh... Ultimately didn't matter." So... Legacy kind of kills Star Wars for me.

As for Ben's story... I might follow it for a short time and *maybe* it will spark something in me... But... I dunno... I'm not a kid anymore. It is hard to relate to him for me.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Eillack
07.21.2012 , 03:48 PM | #72
Why so much Legacy hate? I'm kind of confused about this haha.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Ausstig
07.21.2012 , 06:10 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Why so much Legacy hate? I'm kind of confused about this haha.
This is actually very simple, Walsh doesn't like it cause it starts with the Sith overthrowing the Emperor and destorying the Jedi and ruling the Galaxy, undoing Luke's work. Which I get, but to me what destroys Luke's Legacy is the fact that a jedi of the OLD Republic running things and all of Luke's students dead.

Also Legacy was set up like OT but lost it's way after it dropped the Princess.
Have Force lightning will travel

AlyxDinas
07.22.2012 , 09:36 AM | #74
Seeing as FOTJ entertains the notion of eternal war between Jedi and Sith, it is hard to say that Luke's work was undone by Legacy if Luke himself posits the notion that the Jedi's work is never done. Besides, Luke's work wasn't undone. The end of Palpatine's empire still remains the most significant event in galactic history and the singular moment in Star Wars history that has the greatest cosmological significance. One Sith, Lost Tribe, or whoever. The end of the Banite line of Sith by the Skywalkers single-handed redeems the galaxy and even the Force.

You don't get much bigger than that. And you can't particularly undo that moment's importance. I'll ignore the ways in which I actually believe that Legacy shows just how much Luke's actions have saved the galaxy over and over again. But needless to say, the effect does not simply end with the man. I think that Luke's actions continually provide the galaxy with the model and sometimes the direct means to its salvation and protection.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."