Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Steps to Fix Launcher!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Crimson-Omega
07.13.2012 , 10:47 PM | #1
Hey guys this is weird as **** but i can help yall get your launcher working again. Btw this is for Windows 64 bit users!! May work for 32bit as well!! Just Follow these steps listed below:

1.) Start menu then click the "Computer" Tab
2.) Double Click the "Local Disc (C option on the left of the screen when it opens.
3.) Scroll Down till you find the "Windows" Folder in the sub folders of the Local C:
4.) From there Scroll down and find the SysWoW64 folder.
5.) Inside the SysWoW folder there should be a SWTOR (Launcher) Icon. right click to run as admin.
6.) Let this update full yes youll get the usual Launcher is updating Please wait message. But this time it will go all the way through.
7.) If it stops while loading patch saying internet connection bad check connection just close it and log back in again.
8.) Once the launcher is finished all the files that usually go into the normal swtor folder are created in the Syswow folder so make sure you delete the old ones in thr swtor folder and drag in the new ones that were made in the SysWoW64 folder.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE TIME FOR PVP!! BTW Bioware for the 4 days i lost hope i can get refunded on those days!!

Ogada
07.13.2012 , 11:24 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Crimson-Omega,

Thank you for posting what resolved your issue, hopefully this will help others who might have the same issue as you.

Thank you for your time.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Crimson-Omega
07.13.2012 , 11:27 PM | #3
i hope i can game time back for the few days i lost from playing ive been answering everyones launcher issue posts with the info i put in this one. hope it helps them took me 4 days to find that folder hiden in the middle of no where lol.

SuperDaioz
07.14.2012 , 01:31 AM | #4
Im on Win 7 64bit and at this location:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

there is no swotr or launcher file/folder of any sort?

StaticJoe
07.14.2012 , 04:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperDaioz View Post
Im on Win 7 64bit and at this location:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

there is no swotr or launcher file/folder of any sort?

I'm not sure what the default location is--I'm running the 64-bit Release Preview ed of Windows 8 and created a GAMES folder in my root drive ( C: ) and that's where I installed the game--I would start looking in your Program Files x86 folder and see if it's there. In any case, once you find the game's install folder there will be a FixLauncher util you can run