Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In my opinion, Bioware and EA hit a home-run with this game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
In my opinion, Bioware and EA hit a home-run with this game.

Mardalador
07.13.2012 , 08:22 PM | #1
This thread is just to tell the developers, you know, if they read any player forums, that they have done an AMAZING job with this MMO. The voice acting keeps the story-lines gripping and interesting. The graphics surpass many other games. The game's use of the generic hotkey combat, to me, is used better than others. The lack of an auto-attack makes it a little more unique, and I kind of like it. And the fact that it's based on Star Wars, and that I'm a Star Wars nerd... Just an awesome job guys. Keep it up, and NEVER go F2P... You're too good for it. This is just my personal opinion, so any of you other players disagree, feel free to comment.
------- O->--<
"NOOO!!! You killed him!!!"

testszag
07.13.2012 , 08:25 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mardalador View Post
This thread is just to tell the developers, you know, if they read any player forums, that they have done an AMAZING job with this MMO. The voice acting keeps the story-lines gripping and interesting. The graphics surpass many other games. The game's use of the generic hotkey combat, to me, is used better than others. The lack of an auto-attack makes it a little more unique, and I kind of like it. And the fact that it's based on Star Wars, and that I'm a Star Wars nerd... Just an awesome job guys. Keep it up, and NEVER go F2P... You're too good for it. This is just my personal opinion, so any of you other players disagree, feel free to comment.
yup.+1
no f2p 4 me

Pirana
07.13.2012 , 08:30 PM | #3
I'm thinking more along the lines of a double, but the game has only been out since December. The future does look bright.
Beta - April 16, 2014 (Retired)
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

Baphomet_x
07.13.2012 , 08:51 PM | #4
:d i quite satisfied with the game as well...no complaints here ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC1MsX0Qsao
post this link in your signature...use this link to help people understand where the future is going,why,and what to do about it
"Knights of the old republic-sub" since may 2012

Ganhob
07.13.2012 , 08:52 PM | #5
Game is pretty fun. Everybody is entitled to their opinions, and folks will say what they say. Glad you enjoy the game.

CygnusMX
07.13.2012 , 09:03 PM | #6
Negative threads, game bashing is far more popular than the posative feedback on the game.
It's nice to see a posative thread though, even though its more exciteing for people to bash , hate on and argue about the game.
The people who like the game are more interested in other constructive topics or playing more than they are complaining.
There was no coffee, and to survive you had to sift through the hair on your girlfriend's back for lice as a source of nutrition ...If she waxed her back you'de die

Fardarter
07.13.2012 , 09:08 PM | #7
I think story holds the game back. Eventually you realize your path has been charted well in advance, choice doesn't matter because you never had choice to begin with.

I just dont get how well over a decade ago at this point EQ was giving players real choice with consequences. SWTOR is a WoW clone in space with story. It is still loaded with annoying bugs. I enjoy the game somewhat with reduced expectations, but only because I have accepted all its numerous faults and head scratching decisions along the way.

To me the world of star wars is completely wasted with this story driven mmo. You have a whole universe to explore and yet all toons go to the same planets in the same order and do 90% of the same quests? It's just lame. Instead of taking the really good things about SWG and looking at it like a decade of free research they totally disregarded it and made a wow clone.

The story is great, it is the strongest part of the game. But you don't "play" story. Crafting, combat, class balance, alternate advancement for cap characters all took a backseat to story. The fact that players are encouraged so strongly to roll alts makes the point that endgame is completely lacking, the story ends the game ends, not how you do an mmo.

Long term, this game need a ton of work. I don't know if it has the subs to pay for it though. GW2 might kill this game. People might play and say to themselves "why on earth am i paying a sub when this game is just as polished and free?".

I am not trying to bash the game. The fact that so many people have left wins any argument that the game is flawed and needs work.

Mardalador
07.13.2012 , 09:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fardarter View Post
I think story holds the game back. Eventually you realize your path has been charted well in advance, choice doesn't matter because you never had choice to begin with.

I just dont get how well over a decade ago at this point EQ was giving players real choice with consequences. SWTOR is a WoW clone in space with story. It is still loaded with annoying bugs. I enjoy the game somewhat with reduced expectations, but only because I have accepted all its numerous faults and head scratching decisions along the way.

To me the world of star wars is completely wasted with this story driven mmo. You have a whole universe to explore and yet all toons go to the same planets in the same order and do 90% of the same quests? It's just lame. Instead of taking the really good things about SWG and looking at it like a decade of free research they totally disregarded it and made a wow clone.

The story is great, it is the strongest part of the game. But you don't "play" story. Crafting, combat, class balance, alternate advancement for cap characters all took a backseat to story. The fact that players are encouraged so strongly to roll alts makes the point that endgame is completely lacking, the story ends the game ends, not how you do an mmo.

Long term, this game need a ton of work. I don't know if it has the subs to pay for it though. GW2 might kill this game. People might play and say to themselves "why on earth am i paying a sub when this game is just as polished and free?".

I am not trying to bash the game. The fact that so many people have left wins any argument that the game is flawed and needs work.
You make a very good point. Just saying.
------- O->--<
"NOOO!!! You killed him!!!"

Inokis
07.13.2012 , 09:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mardalador View Post
For the most part I agree. I have only minor complaints about little things like chat window bugs etc. Otherwise it is a splendid game.
Unsubscribed/Cancelled

Fardarter
07.13.2012 , 09:19 PM | #10
I don't buy the sick of mmos argument since many would argue SWTOR isn't really an MMO. SWTOR is the most linear mmo I have ever played and I have been playing them since 1996. Too many elements that make a game an MMO don't exist in swtor. The world is static, hell its always day-time and sunny out! Players leave no mark on the world whatsoever. Even WoW had events to open up content that got both factions of the entire server involved ending in real change to the game world. I say "even wow" because it is a themepark also. There are Zero sandbox elements to SWTOR, you need them to make the game world come alive.

I respect that people like the game and want to defend it but it is a fact that the "deathstar" happened during development and many things that should be in the game had to be scrapped. SWTOR is an unfinished product. In my opinion it needs YEARS to get to a good place the question is will enough people be willing to pay to get there?