Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for July 20th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for July 20th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rakshall
07.13.2012 , 05:12 PM | #31
Will we ever see any improvements to the user interface for heaIers (for example debuff icon size, mouseover heals, etc)?

Techniqu
07.13.2012 , 05:15 PM | #32
why do the new legacy perks brought in with update 1.3 go by the charecter and not by the legacy

xorcist
07.13.2012 , 05:18 PM | #33
It seems the Battlemaster gear is very specific when it comes to set bonuses. For example: I am a Jedi Shadow. I started getting dps Battlemaster gear. I then change my mind and switch to a tank spec half way through. Therefore I start getting the tank oriented Battlemaster gear for the rest of the slots. The set bonuses do not recognize the different spec'd types, even though all gear is Battlemaster. In addition, when purchasing War Hero gear, I can not use that Battlemaster dps chest piece to get the War Hero tank chest piece? I must grind more Warzone commendations to get the proper types of gear before I can get the correct War Hero gear for my current spec. Could this be revised to accept any type of Battlemaster chest piece for any type of War Hero chest piece?
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Pkashton
07.13.2012 , 05:31 PM | #34
Regards to Broonmark will his offhand skill ever be changed to allow him to use a DPS offhand of his stat preference like the remainder of the tanking companions out there allowing tanking classes the ability to use them effectively?
Broonmark currently has the abilities to use Power generators (Aim/End) and Shield generators (Str/End). Would be nice to be able to equip him with a Str/End focus.

esendis
07.13.2012 , 05:31 PM | #35
-Can we expect some kind of change to the current pve relics?As it stands now the BIS pve relics for many advanced classes are the pvp ones.

-Will some classes get black hole offhands in the near future?I understand that specific classes could potentially "exploit" black hole offhands,if they existed,to easily acquire black hole mainhands but to completely cut them off while others can get them is not a solution.

Ashivauto
07.13.2012 , 05:36 PM | #36
A few weeks ago I asked about future open world pvp content and it was answered in one of the weekly Q&A's that it was being worked on.... I was just wondering if any new details on where Swtor is in regards to open world pvp or any other pvp.... Right now I have a fully augmented war hero jk/sent and it took alot of warzones to get that- but for those of us who arent so into the pve aspect of the game, what are we to do other than level another alt which i have 3 other alts one of which is also lvl 50 or do the same old warzones.... is there any plans to implement a owpvp system much like swg had, where there is a regular rotation of every x amount of hours a city was attacked and a player would recieve a message to support their faction in taking or defending the city in which was both a pvp and pve event? Players were able to choose to engage in pvp or to just engage in the pve aspect of it and was rewarded with comms that were used to purchase faction specific items....
Ashvau-BH/Merc
Mikaelai-SI/Sorc
Ashivautzo-JK/Sentinel

CLRCRET
07.13.2012 , 05:54 PM | #37
I'm enjoying the new legacy added xp bonuses, but my level 50's feel left out. Is there any talk in giving bonuses to credits earned in warzones, space missions, etc...?

MaximusRex
07.13.2012 , 06:06 PM | #38
Why are so many moddable crafted gear items restricted from use by companions? Light and Medium armors are really bad for this. Since each companion is its own class you can't put any armor on them that has a class restriction on it, and Light and Medium armors have more with class restrictions then without, yet very few heavy armor sets have restrictions at all. Any chance we can get these restrictions lifted, at least for companions?

a_posse_ad_esse
07.13.2012 , 06:09 PM | #39
The crafting window can quickly become cluttered after finding schematics, reverse engineering, and advancing the skill. Are there any plans to clean up the window (ie a "nested" view by armor set or "unlearning" lower-level schematics after successful reverse engineering)? A nested view by consisting of armor set->green items->blue items->purple items would be the most helpful IMHO in that it would allow players to see exactly what they have reverse engineered and what they haven't. This would also crafting sets much easier since there would be no hunting around for individual components in a long list.

AlacrityFitzhugh
07.13.2012 , 06:19 PM | #40
RE: Free Character Transfers

Are you considering allowing East US <-> West US server character transfers (for servers of the same ruleset)? (For example, Rubat Crystal [RP-PvE East]-> Begeren Colony [RP-PvE West].)
I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star.
We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light.