Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for July 20th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for July 20th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

07.13.2012 , 01:58 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the July 20th, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on July 20th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Monday at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select the questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:
  1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed.

With that being said, please ask away!

07.13.2012 , 02:39 PM | #2
Will there be more more sith corruption with the level cap increase? Eyes like Malgus or Zash?

07.13.2012 , 02:44 PM | #3
Will there ever be any more perks for legacy levels? Maybe free character perks, and will there ever be an incentive added for reaching legacy level 50?
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination
Tatia,Tatami, Tatiana, Tatsi, Tatsuko, Tatsuki

07.13.2012 , 02:52 PM | #4
Have you considered implementing contests for the community to participate in? These may be anything from fluff item, speeders, or even social gear items design contests, fiction writing, or art design contests. You could even sponsor fun things like videos, comic strips, or caption contests. Awards could be anything from item designs incorporated into the game, having artistic-style contest winners featured on the official site, or maybe even a month of game time. I think this would be a fun, exciting way to include the community in the foundation of the game.

"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

07.13.2012 , 03:10 PM | #5
Are still performance optimizations in the pipeline especially for 16 man operations? (With a i7 2600, 8 GB RAM and two GTX 570 you drop well below 25 fps at times)

07.13.2012 , 03:29 PM | #6
Would you consider making rare colour crystals (white, green / black) legacy bound in the future?

I have the white on my current jedi but I am levelling up a Rattataki knight and it's a shame that I won't be able to use my beloved crystal any more. I'd happily pay another 2.5mil creds to make it legacy bound. Perhaps for a credit cost it could be upgraded to a more powerful version when the level cap increases too?

07.13.2012 , 03:32 PM | #7
Will you be revisiting the scaling of the Presence bonuses awarded in the Legacy system when the level cap is raised? I fear that over time, their value will diminish as they shrink relative to our total stat pool, even though the benefit per point of Presence is static.

07.13.2012 , 03:36 PM | #8
When can we expect to see some more guild features? At the guild summit you mentioned guild calendars, emblems, guild advertising, and guild progression/levels coming post 1.2 so I have been anxiously awaiting those features since that day. Also, when will you implement a guild tax to help fund guild repairs?

07.13.2012 , 03:37 PM | #9
Are achievements coming any time soon?

07.13.2012 , 03:44 PM | #10
One of the things that made this game great is storyline. Is there a possibility that you can create a vendor or npc that can reset the storyline and use your lvl 50 to go through the class storyline again. That way an individual can re see the story and not have to worry about leveling while trying to remember the storyline progression.