Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Either reduce loot table or increase drops

12.20.2011 , 10:00 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by somejerk View Post
How about they put in commendations for the dungeons that you can use to purchase the gear from that dungeon if the item doesn't drop.
+1 really like this idea

12.20.2011 , 10:36 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by somejerk View Post
How about they put in commendations for the dungeons that you can use to purchase the gear from that dungeon if the item doesn't drop.
Thread over in one.

12.20.2011 , 10:37 AM | #23
Well, I have no intention of running FP's more than once, but sadly I never use any of the loot that drops because my mods are already better or the armor is just ugly to put on for a guardian (seriously we have the worst drop options) and so I just strip it. A few of my friends had off color rewards too.

12.20.2011 , 10:42 AM | #24
Loot system is fine; people just need to stop expecting to be all geared out in like 5-6 runs. Itís not like the instances are long or hard at all. You want something bad enough run it until you get it, if not move on. Because when your lv 50 and thatís all you have left to do is flashpoints itís not really beneficial to get everything you want so fast. That same concept should be for everything as it is now.

12.20.2011 , 03:55 PM | #25
Any info on if the boss drops are based on the classes in the instance? Official word maybe? So far i've got 7 Esseles Scoundrel's chests... on my Scoundrel... But i'm after the Sentinel's Tunic for the looks (since both are medium armor).

Also 4 chars that i've done Esseles with, and each and every run the boss loots have always been for the classes in the group /shrug?

I just don't know if i'm wasting my time trying to solofarm the sentinel chest or something... :-S

12.20.2011 , 03:59 PM | #26
dont forget about companions they need loot too
Mirialan Gunslinger Tomb Of Freedom Nadd

12.20.2011 , 04:18 PM | #27
They need to change the weighting of BH loot so that it drops at an even rate of other classes instead of most of the time.
Member of Wrought from Ruin
The Harbinger Server
IA - Operative Medic

12.20.2011 , 04:27 PM | #28
Well from my own experiences and from reading everyone elses I can definately say "Random drops are Random" but SOMETHING causes leanings in the drops. Running the same instance over again with the exact same group a few times tends to end with the same drops over and over. Running a flash point by myself solo over and over showed the same thing. The only way to break the cycle seemed to join someone elses group or reform with a new leader. At one point I ran Black Talon 6 times solo and ended up with 5 marauder tunics and 1 bounty hunter tunic, 6 Juggernaughts gloves, 6 Juggernaughts boots, 4 willpower lightsabers and 2 strength lightsabers. That is random when compared to overall results but when compared to my OWN results it shows a horrible pattern.

12.21.2011 , 05:57 AM | #29
I did around 15 Esseles runs, and am nowhere near the full set. But my level increases so quickly, that I am almost ready for the next flashpoint, and I did not even start Coruscant yet.

Loot is a problem, so is quick levelling. After a couple of levels the flashpoint should not give you any more xp.

12.21.2011 , 08:08 AM | #30
Well, I had the opposite problem yesterday with Cademimu. OUr group was full bounty hunters, and we wound up with five orange drops...all aim gear. So we were pretty lucky. I did feel bad for them though, I won every roll for gear, even the focus that I didn't need. I'm not opposed though to some of these ideas, the commendation idea could work, though I would like to keep drops from flashpoints cause it is fun to get that awsome gear.
Originially posted by Battlebug: can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.