Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why dont you talk to your customers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why dont you talk to your customers

Ipea
07.13.2012 , 11:21 AM | #1
Bioware why do you not talk to your customers and inform us of what your plans are....and no dont give me that twitter crap because not all of us a re social network fans

Keta
07.13.2012 , 11:25 AM | #2
I'm hardly a fan of Bioware's efforts with customers but you are aware there's a whole set of areas on the website with information from Bioware as well as being a convenient main page for forum access. they actually post there and you can track stuff there as well. No if you're talking about exact plans for the game, you'll not get that beyond what they already tell us.

Vitellius
07.13.2012 , 11:29 AM | #3
BW isn't perfect, but this thread is really unfair.
"Smoke me a kipper...i'll be back for breakfast." -Ace Rimmer

Ipea
07.13.2012 , 11:33 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
I'm hardly a fan of Bioware's efforts with customers but you are aware there's a whole set of areas on the website with information from Bioware as well as being a convenient main page for forum access. they actually post there and you can track stuff there as well. No if you're talking about exact plans for the game, you'll not get that beyond what they already tell us.
Im talking mainlt about all this transfer stuff....there is page after page of unhappy customers about server transfers but still bioware make it look like they are just ignoring it and are losing more and more subs the longer they go without giving out answers....this game is dying and they have nobody to blame but themselfs

Rakashan
07.13.2012 , 11:40 AM | #5
Will there be paid transfers?

What will happen to people who have more than 8 characters slated for the same destination server in less than two weeks now?

That's unfair? Tough. As a paying customer, people kinda have a right to ask what they're paying *for*. Yeah, I'd like to know about upcoming content and stuff (that happens to be important to me) but I can understand why BW doesn't want to talk about things like that.... The furor within this community when deadlines have slipped for things like rated PvP and group finder has been completely juvenile. On the other hand, BW has done a remarkably *bad* job of addressing the loss of things which are claimed or possessed by characters (e.g. names, whole characters, eventually money if paid transfers come through). And before you start, yes, I know that the ToS say BW owns the character, not the player, but you also know that if they did a server wipe today, which is within their ToS, they'd lose most of their player community...

And if you don't get why you should be concerned for the other guy in this case, you should probably read this poem.
Disciples of Darkness

Anarash (50 Sorceror) -- Dor'anya (50 Bounty Hunter)

HarleysRule
07.13.2012 , 11:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rakashan View Post
Will there be paid transfers?

What will happen to people who have more than 8 characters slated for the same destination server in less than two weeks now?

That's unfair? Tough. As a paying customer, people kinda have a right to ask what they're paying *for*. Yeah, I'd like to know about upcoming content and stuff (that happens to be important to me) but I can understand why BW doesn't want to talk about things like that.... The furor within this community when deadlines have slipped for things like rated PvP and group finder has been completely juvenile. On the other hand, BW has done a remarkably *bad* job of addressing the loss of things which are claimed or possessed by characters (e.g. names, whole characters, eventually money if paid transfers come through). And before you start, yes, I know that the ToS say BW owns the character, not the player, but you also know that if they did a server wipe today, which is within their ToS, they'd lose most of their player community...

And if you don't get why you should be concerned for the other guy in this case, you should probably read this poem.
As half-assed as they've handled it so far, would it really be a stretch to say they aren't answering because they don't know? I doubt they're leaving us hanging on this just to piss us off.

Ipea
07.13.2012 , 11:49 AM | #7
I have 4 days game time left and love the game but being made to play on a server i dont want to be on is forcing me not to renew my sub....if they would give us some kind of info about it happening alot of people would be happy....

Just something like "in the coming weeks we plan to release more server transfers giving player the option to move to a server of choice, this may be subject to change depending on how flooded the server become but we will continue to monitor the servers to be sure they do not beocme unstable.
We appreciate that this has take alot of time to get moving and would like to that our supporting customers in sticking with us while we got this in motion....."

But no Bioware dont tell us nothing not a thing and instead have to sit and watch and more and more subs end and players quit..

I would be happy to renew if i knew what was planned for the 2nd stage so i can plan my next move...

PS i dont care about name i can always get another name lol

Ipea
07.13.2012 , 11:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HarleysRule View Post
As half-assed as they've handled it so far, would it really be a stretch to say they aren't answering because they don't know? I doubt they're leaving us hanging on this just to piss us off.
No not just to piss us off but to squeeze every penny they can out of us in the hope that us nearing the end of our sub renew again while we wait for more uninformed posts from bioware

Saurakk
07.13.2012 , 11:57 AM | #9
Hi folks,

Just wanted to hop on here to let you all know that at no point will we be deleting your characters later this summer when we automatically move any remaining characters from origin servers onto designated destination servers. More details about how this will work out will be forthcoming, but I can assure you that automatic character deletion is not going to happen for this upcoming move.

Thanks everyone!

Joveth Gonzalez | Online Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

*copied from a dev response.

InnerPieces
07.13.2012 , 12:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ipea View Post
Bioware why do you not talk to your customers and inform us of what your plans are....and no dont give me that twitter crap because not all of us a re social network fans
Remember, the community team won't release any information they haven't been authorized to release. In this economy, I'd want to keep my job too.
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.