Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Skill differentiation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Companion Skill differentiation

Przemo_No
07.13.2012 , 07:26 AM | #1
Hey , I'm not new, but still there are mysteries in the game I can't resolve: one of them is: the companion skill. I have currently 4 of them, and ALL have the same skills. So, if one has :diplomacy, artifice and scavenging (examples) others have them too. But HOW do you make them using all DIFFERENT skills ,so you can actually use more than three?

If not, what's the point of all companions have the same skill?

Besides; in PVE (that I play) I do not see any use of those skills. is it only me?

Because I get better stuff from looting and chests than by any "companion skill". Is that supposed to be this way?
just asking, I am used to RPG where you get better items as your character grows...
Thanks!
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Armould
07.13.2012 , 09:18 AM | #2
If I'm not mistaken, those aren't really your companion's skills, but yours. They just do them for you. So the three that you have are the only ones your companions can have.

Infalliable
07.13.2012 , 12:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Armould View Post
If I'm not mistaken, those aren't really your companion's skills, but yours. They just do them for you. So the three that you have are the only ones your companions can have.
Exactly.

If you could train each companion with a unique set of 3 skills, you could be completely self sufficient with only one character. This would be an extremely poor design for an MMO.

Przemo_No
07.13.2012 , 12:43 PM | #4
ahh, ok thanks...
but then it seems I cannot read..
I was all sure it's 3 skill per companion...

and ..yeah...MMO.. I never played one
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Armould
07.13.2012 , 01:03 PM | #5
Don't worry, I've only been playing for about a couple of weeks now and I thought the same thing when I first started.

Eternalnight
07.13.2012 , 05:36 PM | #6
They are called Crew skills for reason