Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do transfered friends vanish from your friends list?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do transfered friends vanish from your friends list?

Skirlasvoud
07.13.2012 , 07:18 AM | #1
In WoW, when someone transfers or deletes their character, they are automatically removed from your friends list. The next time you log on, the system tells you that "player is not found" and automatically removes them from your list.

I received no such notification from SWTOR, but my lists are still filled with the greyed out names of people I knew on my deserted origin server.

What does that mean?

I'm trying to figure out after coming back to the game after 4 months, how many of the people I know are still on the server, have transfered or have kept playing at all.

Does a massive grey list of people who never log back on, mean that they've all stuck around the server but simply aren't playing anymore? Or have they simply transfered?

If it's the former, it's kindof a depressing sign.

vojinsa
07.13.2012 , 07:26 AM | #2
i think they vanish. i had 6-7 on my list and when i made the move from shii-cho to JC they were off my list. about 5 of them pve'd in pvp gear so i was happy they were gone from my list and my name was changed.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

HarleysRule
07.13.2012 , 07:33 AM | #3
IIRC your friends list disappears. Unfortunate, but since odds are many of your friends will probably also be changing their names, it seems unavoidable.