Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

new info out of comicon

Senatsu
07.13.2012 , 03:20 AM | #11
I assume it means items that have some sort of lore history behind it. Maybe weapons that were used during a war from the novels or something (f. ex. a battle at planet Trololol and a weapon therefore being called Hablahabla Shamoo of the war at Trololol). Possibly with cutscenes and Codex entries. Basically, items with quest chains and story behind them. Sounds quite awesome to me.
I would agree to an Aion-type LFG system, but not WoW's LFD. We don't need Blizzard's failures in this game.

Darzil
07.13.2012 , 05:41 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakarn View Post
I hope I'm wrong but this reminds me a lot of Trials of Atlantis the expansion pack that ruined DAOC.
To be honest, that only 'ruined' DAoC because DAoC was a PvP dominated game, and it 'forced' people to PvE to gain PvP benefits. For those into PvE in DAoC, Trials of Atlantis was great.

As long as it's not the grind that 'legendary' items are in LOTRO !

HarleysRule
07.13.2012 , 06:31 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
To be honest, that only 'ruined' DAoC because DAoC was a PvP dominated game, and it 'forced' people to PvE to gain PvP benefits.
Well that, and the fact many of those artifacts and ML abilties were seriously OP'd IWIN buttons in PvP.

Valkirus
07.13.2012 , 07:05 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Baphomet_x View Post
shingi!well yeah,id like an epic questline for legend stuff as well

also since you frustrated me too much on our last encounter...i used that anger to fuel my motivation,and installed my amd radeon hd 6850 on my cyberpower gua250...it works fine,maximum settings on swtor,at 60 fps

so in an odd way,thanks....you gave me the rage i needed to win
That is the very same GPU I have been using sence TOR launched. Have never had any issues in the game at all no matter where I was. All settings on max too.

The epic quests for TOR will be a great addition. As long as they make them challenging to get. I still have fond memories of doing the 45 min Baron runs on my chars in WoW doing the epic armor sets for each. Tanked two of those runs successfully on my warr also.
Trust is something which is earned.

Vonric
07.13.2012 , 07:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
As long as it's not the grind that 'legendary' items are in LOTRO !
LOL i was just going to post the exact same thing. I loved the idea in LotRO but hated the way it was implemented.
"You can run all your life,But not go anywhere." - Mike Ness

jofos
07.13.2012 , 07:32 AM | #16
I would rather get item than weapon. It will be a candy cain striped lightsaber.

netskink
07.13.2012 , 08:18 AM | #17
This reminds me of the battered hilt in wow. I lost many a rolls for this hilt in wow on my warrior. I finally got it and by the time I completed the quest line, the weapon was obsolete. If I recall correctly the weapon was only usable by three classes but EVERYBODY rolled need on it so they could sell it. It was yet another reason I hated lfg. In the end, my guy was good enough I could enter the instance solo and farm the mobs which could drop it.
50s Dapengzi, Wicked Wanda, Blind'Anma, Meiling, Xiaowan, Relee Lowbies Xiaojiejie, Tarheel Tank, The Wait, Tarheal 1xConquerer, 3xWH. 2xBM.
Guild: www.heiankongzhi.com Fatman - PVP Imperial - Recruiting
SWTOR Videos: http://www.heiankongzhi.com/home/swtor/videos

Kaisies
07.13.2012 , 08:19 AM | #18
Theres also a community made, fully custumizable ui that has a auto heal, real time raid DPS without raid keys, fixes graphical errors on the ui (text, etc) in the works..

see:

int main()

Its almost done!

New info means nothing. Theres all sorts of "projects" that swtor has in the works. whoopie doo. I want to see results, not be told what they are working on. RWZ were "being worked on" and due out for what, march? and look what happened.

dweber
07.13.2012 , 08:28 AM | #19
This would be awesome if it were like the epic weapon quests in EQ1. They were fun, a challenge to figure out at first and the weapons were epic as their name stated.
Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun...

Koppster
07.13.2012 , 08:43 AM | #20
These quests and the rewards will only be for the basement-dwelling no-life "hardcore" .02% minority raiders.

Just like WoW did it.