Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RUMOUR Alert!!!

Aricus
07.12.2012 , 07:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post

It seems to help quite a bit
. Note that these games also have a subscription option where you can pay to get all access rather than bit by bit.
Hmm doesn't seem to be enough data on how successful is the F2P model though. If subscription have gone up due to F2P then it just means that F2P is mostly a free trial to limited content.

I did a little more research and it appears that just about all or most F2P games still have their Subscription model. So it's hard to tell who is playing for free and who is still paying a sub to play.

CaptRavenous
07.12.2012 , 07:30 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I agree with success. But you cannot dispute the decline of the quality of Madden since EA got exclusive rights to the NFL.
Well, their NHL and FIFA games are top-notch. No one is perfect, I guess.

SW:TOR will never be perfect, either, I suspect.
BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Aricus
07.12.2012 , 07:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Reble-Dog-Squad View Post
Granted, bioware are not in the capital to run independently but if they was able to legally separate from EA due to EA being a sinking ship, Bioware could be free to pick another publisher e.g SEGA or Sony
How is that? BW was acquired from EA because EA bought out the parenting company of BW. I don't see how BW can leave with someone paying for it or without BW paying back EA some cash or assets in return. But like you I don't know too much about Business Law either.

Reble-Dog-Squad
07.12.2012 , 07:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Aricus View Post
How is that? BW was acquired from EA because EA bought out the parenting company of BW. I don't see how BW can leave with someone paying for it or without BW paying back EA some cash or assets in return. But like you I don't know too much about Business Law either.
I depends on the contract of sale, if EA promised Bioware that they would fund their projects but are failing to do that then they would be in breach of the contract of sale, if EA bought Bioware out then Bioware would not be able to trade as it does and there would not be a contract as the sale would be the absorption of Bioware.

I am only going by examples i have seen on the net regarding European companies,
Australian CE VIP

Welcome to SWTOR, Click on the link below to gain in game rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/42CvHk

EduardoJN
07.12.2012 , 07:40 PM | #25
Sorry to say this but, this game will go F2P sooner or later.

Maybe until the end of this year they will have something to say about the F2P model, depending on how GW2 performs.

And thats the only way im coming back to this game: if it goes F2P.

If anyone likes to pay for this game, send letters with money inside to EA, im sure they will love it

Im not paying $15 per month to an incomplete MMO that makes u wait like a monk for 6 months for things that should have been in the game since the very beginning (like the damn transfers and the "look for noob" tool).

And dont give me that "oh but this is a new game, give it some time"...thats fanboy crap.

This is not philanthropy, its business: if u pay for an MMO (plus, one that carries the SW name on it) u expect to receive something at least as complete as any MMO out there, not a half-made amateur crap.

The leveling was awesome, the main storylines were great and the voice acting excelent.,,and thats it....thats all SWTOR has.

If i knew this, i would have voted for a KOTOR 3 game instead, cuz thats whats BW is REALLY good at: making single player RPG“s....thats crystal clear to me now.

#gof2p

TheBBP
07.12.2012 , 07:42 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
Well, their NHL and FIFA games are top-notch. No one is perfect, I guess.

SW:TOR will never be perfect, either, I suspect.
This is why I singled out Madden lol.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Deewe
07.12.2012 , 07:44 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
An article i read in game informer, EA is suffering severly and one of the most hated companies in the game industry. They have been known for false advertising.
You mean like SOE that told players unlocking Jedi in SWG was in game at launch when in fact it was developed and implemented later on?

How strange
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Sarfux
07.12.2012 , 07:46 PM | #28
sorry. This game won't be completely f2p. We will pay 15 dollars a month. That's it. meaning content updates will be free as well as expansions. I think it should be like that. A sub fee pays for ALL. That is what I'm willing to do
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

TheBBP
07.12.2012 , 07:51 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
You mean like SOE that told players unlocking Jedi in SWG was in game at launch when in fact it was developed and implemented later on?

How strange
Remember the EQ2 Froglok fiasco? SOE led folks to believe that Frogloks were in the game, they just had to be found. Turns out that they weren't in game and it was a stall tactic by SOE to give them time to finish them.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

HeavensAgent
07.12.2012 , 07:58 PM | #30
I don't believe this game will ever go F2P. EA would have to convince LucasArts that it was needed. Lucas does not budge for anyone, though.
Del'lantam Trooper of Alpha Company, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion