Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RUMOUR Alert!!!

Logisitcs
07.12.2012 , 06:54 PM | #1
http://www.slashgear.com/peter-moore...-ceo-11238212/

Quote:
Are you in the mood for a whopper of a rumor? Letís hope, because weíve got one here for you: anonymous sources tell Game Front that Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello is about to be let go, and that current EA Sports boss Peter Moore will step in to take his place. It goes without saying that you should probably take this with a grain of salt (or five), but if this is true, it could mean huge things for Electronic Arts, which has been experiencing some stock price woes recently.

According to Game Frontís sources, Riccitiello was asked to step down from his position at Electronic Arts after the earnings call that took place on June 30. Apparently, the departure of Riccitiello and subsequent promotion of Moore is ďnot set in stoneĒ yet, as EAís board of directors still needs to vote on the change. However, tensions are rising at the Electronic Arts offices as the companyís stock price continues to fall.

John Riccitiello has overseen EA since his return to the company in 2007. It was under him that EA-published games began requiring online passes, and he was in charge when the EA Store was relaunched as Origin last year. Riccitiello is no stranger to controversy, as Electronic Arts was named The Consumeristís Worst Company in America earlier this year.

The rumor comes just a day after Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter stated that Riccitiello had expressed concerns over being fired from the company. Pachter later followed-up by saying that though he was quoted accurately, he was merely kidding around. Perhaps he wasnít so far off the mark after all?
The Devil you know is better then the Devil you donít. From bad to worse if you ask me. Not to mention the fact if Peter Moore is promoted SWTOR will no doubt go F2P (seeing as how he said it's inevitable and all games should be F2P) and EA will nickel and dime us for everything we've got. This company just needs to go away.

Aricus
07.12.2012 , 06:58 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Logisitcs View Post
http://www.slashgear.com/peter-moore...-ceo-11238212/

The Devil you know is better then the Devil you donít. From bad to worse if you ask me. Not to mention the fact if Peter Moore is promoted SWTOR will no doubt go F2P (seeing as how he said it's inevitable and all games should be F2P) and EA will nickel and dime us for everything we've got. This company just needs to go away.
And have Activision become even more of a King of Crop? No thanks. I like some competition even though the competitors are bad.

CaptRavenous
07.12.2012 , 07:00 PM | #3
EA sports has known nothing but success. Maybe a shakeup is just what EA needs.
STELLAR GHOSTS- Master Annumynaa
DARK GENESIS - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

TheBBP
07.12.2012 , 07:03 PM | #4
I tend not to get wrapped up in conspiracies regarding EA and SWTOR. Especially since this game is just a piece of the EA pie. EA did well before it and will do well after it. To say that TOR is 100% going F2P if this move happens is just you throwing things at the wall hoping that someday something sticks. F2P and MTs are the future of most gaming and it has little to do with who is in charge. It has to do with how successful the model is.

Having said that, Moore was running EA Sports when Madden got the exclusive deal with the NFL. After a year when NFL 2K5 came out and REALLY challenged Madden for Football gaming supremacy. For years after that, the makers of Madden fell into a lull and put out garbage offerings every year without the threat of being challenged.

I will always be a bit resentful over that.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

TheBBP
07.12.2012 , 07:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
EA sports has known nothing but success. Maybe a shakeup is just what EA needs.
I agree with success. But you cannot dispute the decline of the quality of Madden since EA got exclusive rights to the NFL.
Ebon Hawk

Logisitcs
07.12.2012 , 07:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I tend not to get wrapped up in conspiracies regarding EA and SWTOR. Especially since this game is just a piece of the EA pie. EA did well before it and will do well after it. To say that TOR is 100% going F2P if this move happens is just you throwing things at the wall hoping that someday something sticks. F2P and MTs are the future of most gaming and it has little to do with who is in charge. It has to do with how successful the model is.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/2...-inevitability

I'm going off what he himself stated.

Reble-Dog-Squad
07.12.2012 , 07:06 PM | #7
Maybe Bioware should separate from EA and run this game themselves or hand over the publishing to SEGA
Australian CE VIP

Welcome to SWTOR, Click on the link below to gain in game rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/42CvHk

Aricus
07.12.2012 , 07:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Reble-Dog-Squad View Post
Maybe Bioware should separate from EA and run this game themselves or hand over the publishing to SEGA
That's going to be impossible for BW to do since it's owned by EA.

ClaudeTaylor
07.12.2012 , 07:08 PM | #9
I do alot of complaining about htis game, but! Its because i really love this game. I hate to say that i will have to stop playing TOR if it goes F2P. Every game i have seen seems to start sucking after it goes F2P. Plus i will not be nickled and dimed to death for ingame items. This is rediculous. I do hope this is a rumor!

TheBBP
07.12.2012 , 07:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Logisitcs View Post
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/2...-inevitability

I'm going off what he himself stated.
Because that is the future of pay models due to their success. How is that news?
Ebon Hawk