Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank Assassin Stat Gearing + Augmenting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Tank Assassin Stat Gearing + Augmenting

KeyboardNinja
12.31.2012 , 10:37 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Grumpftard View Post
You have more, and can self heal more, but you lose more.... which is a drain on your healers.
Only if your healers are bad. The self-heal is a critical part of our survivability story (almost 17%, all-told), particularly when using an optimized rotation. Any healer who doesn't take advantage of the fact that we earn back HP over time is either bad, lazy, or flush with extra energy and doesn't care about the overhealing (in which case it doesn't matter).

My current stats (missing two 63 enhancements, but otherwise full DG):
  • 28.3k HP
  • 28.79% defense (needs to come up just a hair)
  • 65.84% shield (with DW)
  • 61.08% absorb

I use the War Hero defense relic (haven't picked up the EWH relic yet) and the DG proc heal relic. I also use the 27B mods (Robust and Reinforced), since the small loss in mitigation is trebled by the gain in self-healing. My full gear set can be seen here (I'm pretty sure this is up to date): http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...3-e75392f0b410
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

MantorokTwelve
12.31.2012 , 10:44 AM | #22
I'm mostly 63s, and I have 28K with a rakata fortitude stim, plenty of health for me.

Jaspless
02.17.2013 , 09:33 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Only if your healers are bad. The self-heal is a critical part of our survivability story (almost 17%, all-told), particularly when using an optimized rotation. Any healer who doesn't take advantage of the fact that we earn back HP over time is either bad, lazy, or flush with extra energy and doesn't care about the overhealing (in which case it doesn't matter).

My current stats (missing two 63 enhancements, but otherwise full DG):
  • 28.3k HP
  • 28.79% defense (needs to come up just a hair)
  • 65.84% shield (with DW)
  • 61.08% absorb

I use the War Hero defense relic (haven't picked up the EWH relic yet) and the DG proc heal relic. I also use the 27B mods (Robust and Reinforced), since the small loss in mitigation is trebled by the gain in self-healing. My full gear set can be seen here (I'm pretty sure this is up to date): http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...3-e75392f0b410
According to your setup, your Defense Chance is only 24.79% which is way too low.
If Tetris has taught me anything, it's that mistakes will pile up, and accomplishments disappear.

Eternalnight
02.17.2013 , 09:51 AM | #24
Oh please...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaspless View Post
According to your setup, your Defense Chance is only 24.79% which is way too low.
1. No it isn't. His defense chance in that setup would be exactly what he said, not what you're saying. Pay some attention. If you look at numbers listed in askmrrobot site, they don't include everything one gets from their skill tree.

2. You're responding to posts that are several months old.

Jaspless
02.17.2013 , 09:59 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Oh please...

1. No it isn't. His defense chance in that setup would be exactly what he said, not what you're saying. Pay some attention. If you look at numbers listed in askmrrobot site, they don't include everything one gets from their skill tree.

2. You're responding to posts that are several months old.
You're telling me when you click on his link it shows his defense above the 25%? How the hell does he have that much defense AND his absorb at 60%? Not to mention his HP is higher. Here's what I have for my own.. what am I doing wrong here?

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...8-c5cf9afa54dc
If Tetris has taught me anything, it's that mistakes will pile up, and accomplishments disappear.

RLWalker
02.17.2013 , 10:11 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Pay some attention.
It's a no-so-obvious bug in Mr Robot so no need to be snarky.

You're telling me when you click on his link it shows his defense above the 25%? How the hell does he have that much defense AND his absorb at 60%? Not to mention his HP is higher. Here's what I have for my own.. what am I doing wrong here?

You actually have 34% defense - because of the bug it's not showing right. This is pretty far up the diminishing returns curve so you would benefit from dropping some defense and moving it into absorb. Search google for "swtor minimum squishiness" if you are interested in a way to distribute stats optimally (for one definition of optimal that is).

Eternalnight
02.17.2013 , 10:15 AM | #27
Oh my gods
You're telling me when you click on his link it shows his defense above the 25%?
No!!!

I'm telling his defense is what he says, not what that link says.

Quote:
How the hell does he have that much defense AND his absorb at 60%?
By having the kind of gear he linked

Quote:
What you are doing wrong there is stacking way too much defense rating on nearly every piece of gear.

If you actually had a character with that kind gear (which I'm sure you don't) then it would have 34.11% defense.

Wasting too much of you stat budget to diminishing returns by pushing one stat that high

Jaspless
02.17.2013 , 10:16 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by RLWalker View Post
It's a no-so-obvious bug in Mr Robot so no need to be snarky.

You actually have 34% defense - because of the bug it's not showing right. This is pretty far up the diminishing returns curve so you would benefit from dropping some defense and moving it into absorb. Search google for "swtor minimum squishiness" if you are interested in a way to distribute stats optimally (for one definition of optimal that is).
Thanks dude.. didn't realize the website had a bug with Defense. So basically it's off by 4%. I'll make adjustments now. Much appreciated.

Jaspless
02.17.2013 , 10:22 AM | #29
This should be ideal then for current endgame content.

Grumpftard
02.17.2013 , 10:44 AM | #30
This should be ideal then for current endgame content.

Depends on your definition of ideal. For me this isn't.
I run the lettered mods and high shield enhancements' but I use power crystals, resolve hilt, and more optimal relics for my build. Sitting at 29/45-65/61 for percentages.
This is definitely a good build you've got here. So much so that this is where it becomes all about personal flavor at this point to be considered what is and isn't 'ideal'

Side note: It's amazing how much my gearing has changed since this thread originally floated around months ago. Definitely shows the entertainment value of necro'ing threads.
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc