Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Voluntary Server Transfers are more than just a polite recommendation:

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Voluntary Server Transfers are more than just a polite recommendation:

Inokis
07.12.2012 , 05:07 PM | #1
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07...on-for-merges/

Do it now while you get something out of it. So much for wanting to stay on my server.
Unsubscribed/Cancelled

Valkirus
07.12.2012 , 05:32 PM | #2
I have unsubbed and this will only discourage me from resubbing. But...meh..does not matter now. I cannot see anything they have announced for the furture tempting me to consider resubbing.
Trust is something which is earned.

AelixVII
07.12.2012 , 05:34 PM | #3
You have to take into account that this is a company currently paying to keep running more servers than they need to, servers that told 1000+ players with 20 people max on them. What else are they supposed to do?

MalakDawnfire
07.12.2012 , 05:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
You have to take into account that this is a company currently paying to keep running more servers than they need to, servers that told 1000+ players with 20 people max on them. What else are they supposed to do?
Find more players to fill them?

Inokis
07.12.2012 , 05:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Valkirus View Post
I have unsubbed and this will only discourage me from resubbing. But...meh..does not matter now. I cannot see anything they have announced for the furture tempting me to consider resubbing.
I love the game, I'm just very very very frustrated about the hidden info. they could have just put it all out there to begin with.

I even asked in a ticket about this very thing and was told there is no information that is provided... then i see that posting on massively... really really crappy.
Unsubscribed/Cancelled

JunkyardWolf
07.12.2012 , 07:11 PM | #6
transfer is ok,my problem is the server picked for me to transfer too is full and im not given another option
proud to be a Cranky ole fart!

Cerilynn
07.12.2012 , 07:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
What they could do is listen to the customers and give a little bit more leeway in the transfers. For example, create groupings of origin and destination servers to allow people to have multiple choices of where they can move their characters to, for example, remove the time zone qualifications, and just open up all PVE origin servers to transfer to any PVE destination server, or replace "PVE" with any other server category.

This would allow people with more than 8 characters on the current origin server group + the destination server they are attached to, to be able to keep all their characters by spreading them across multiple destinations.

This would also allow people who are attached to their character names to try different servers in an attempt of finding a destination server that would allow them to keep the names they have.

Along the same lines as the character names, this would also allow people to not be forced to combine legacies.

Working with the customer, and respecting the customer's wishes as best as possible, is "What else are they supposed to do."

Heck, I'm willing to pay, and was willing to forgo the special treats that they're offering to get us to transfer so that I could pay to transfer to the server of my choice, so I didn't have to combine legacies, so that my hubby didn't loose characters. (He's one of those with more than 8 total on the origin + destination servers.)

And now? Well, I don't know if I'm going to keep playing. I'll admit, I probably will, as long as he does, but I'm going to have to do some convoluted creation and transfers to work out my character names and such, since about half my characters are losing one legacy name and acquiring another, one that their current names don't fit. And on top of that, I'm going to be setting up name place holders on the server that I'd RATHER they have been transferred to, so that on the day paid transfers become available, I'll be able to separate the legacies again. ... you know, the same day they add the same sex relationships, and skimpy male clothing, and all those other things we ask for that they promise they're going to add but never do.

~ Cerilynn

LahLahSr
07.12.2012 , 07:52 PM | #8
They could have completely depopulated these servers if they had allowed people to transfer to ANY server that the players already have toons on.

It's still rather incomprehensible how they completely overlooked the fact that the smartest (and/or most impatient) of players on the "ghost servers" already rolled new toons on more populated servers in stead of waiting a virtual eternity until they came around to preparing for the inevitable.

This whole thing should have been prepared in advance of the release of the game, simply because merges/transfers is the ONE 100% predictable dynamic of ALL MMOs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielErickson
Sith are evil.

Clayburn
07.12.2012 , 08:19 PM | #9
I really regret investing so much in this game. Not so much the money, but the time. So, I logged in after a bit of an absence. My server is a ghost town because everyone left. I decided to move too. Now, I have to rename all my character, and the new server is over-populated.

Really upsetting.

Inokis
07.13.2012 , 10:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Clayburn View Post
I really regret investing so much in this game. Not so much the money, but the time. So, I logged in after a bit of an absence. My server is a ghost town because everyone left. I decided to move too. Now, I have to rename all my character, and the new server is over-populated.

Really upsetting.
Luckily all I lost was my Legacy name but I was worried about the char names when I did it as well.

I'm sorry it went so badly.
Unsubscribed/Cancelled