Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More maintenance!!!

HeavensAgent
07.12.2012 , 03:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygranir View Post
It's unfortunate all these whiny kids don't understand some people are really enjoying the game and the direction in which it is going.
It's not entirely their fault. So many of them grew up being brainwashed by Blizzard. We should pity them.
Del'lantam Trooper of Alpha Company, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

BuddyRufus
07.12.2012 , 03:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygranir View Post
It's unfortunate all these whiny kids don't understand some people are really enjoying the game and the direction in which it is going.
Same old argument.....you complain with us or you are automatically against us and that makes you a bunch of "BW fanbois"

It's getting old...

I like this game.....it requires maintenance.....it is not the end of the world. We all pay for it and that is something you accepted, like it or not, when you subscribed.

TheBBP
07.12.2012 , 03:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Between 3,643 BBY and 3,641 BBY.

So its been there for 2 to 4 years. I stand corrected (sorta) bah I used this for my original research until I found the link above. :P
I like this discussion better than the OP.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

jtjohnson
07.12.2012 , 04:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by aberwath View Post
Maybe this will fix he launcher so I can play for the first time in 48+ hours. *crosses lightsabers*
If you go under Program Files (x86)>Electronic Arts>BioWare>Star Wars - The Old Republic you will find an application called FixLauncher that should help.

Kallie
07.12.2012 , 04:17 PM | #25
OMG like really. Another QQ topic on maintenance. Just give it a rest

Grisle
07.12.2012 , 04:39 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
So, let's say there have been 8 maintenance periods over the past month ( I'm not digging up the info for the exact count, but 8 seems a fair number).

Let's say each lasted 4 hours, give or take.

That's 32 hours. 32 hours out of the average of 720 hours we get per month. A day and a half, at best.
You might get 720 hrs on average a month to play but im sure alot of us get a hell of alot less time to actually play. Factor in sleep, average 8hr working day plus lunch break (30mins - 1hr), travel time to and from work, then other commitments such as social, sport and family time i'm sure you would get about a quarter than half of that 720hrs.

On average i get 3-4 days a week where my time is flexible enough to play for about 3hrs at a time if nothing else pops up. 4hr maintenance knocks out 1 whole gaming session for me which im used to as every Oceanic player who's played several MMO's should but when schedule UNSCHEDULED maintenance in Oceanic prime too then 2hrs downtime is a long time

elitenz
07.12.2012 , 04:41 PM | #27
I am hoping this will fix the launcher issue of selecting what install to select it's only 2 hours so i am very happy to see this fixed

Spaj
07.12.2012 , 04:43 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
You "reckon"?

How long did it take you to "reckon"?

How about, instead, we use facts.

Maintenance periods are usually on Tuesdays. Maintenance periods can last up to 4 hours, sometimes more, sometimes less.

So, that's 4 maintenance periods a month.

Now, it isn't unusual for there to be more maintenance periods after a major patch, or even sometimes a minor patch.

So, let's say there have been 8 maintenance periods over the past month ( I'm not digging up the info for the exact count, but 8 seems a fair number).
Let's say each lasted 4 hours, give or take.

That's 32 hours. 32 hours out of the average of 720 hours we get per month. A day and a half, at best.
How you came up with "We're losing a week each month" is the issue here that is TRULY baffling.
Awesome someone who respects facts.

I wont assume the op is in the Oceanic region as that isnt fact. I am in that region.

I work during the day. I sleep at night. Mainenance windows always start just after i finish work and finish just as i go to bed. 7pm-11 for 4hr maintenance, 7pm-1am for 6hr and tonight i may just squeeze in an hr or two for a 2hr maint.

I have lost a weeks worth of my gameplay in the last month.

There was an Asia Pacific Official release of servers based in the region.

Since this release no changes have been made to the window of maintenance.

There IS a window of time where none of the 3 Officially released regions are affected in their prime times.
11pm Sydney
1am NZ

1pm London
2pm Berlin/Paris

6am LA
9am NY

A normal 4 hr mainenance skips all primetimes. A 6hr maintenance would hit only the first hour of Berlin/Paris.
Shanque

aberwath
07.12.2012 , 04:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jtjohnson View Post
If you go under Program Files (x86)>Electronic Arts>BioWare>Star Wars - The Old Republic you will find an application called FixLauncher that should help.
Nope. I tried that along with the 15 other things the CS recommend . So I'm just hoping the hot fix does the trick.

Denyus
07.12.2012 , 04:57 PM | #30
It's 2 louzy hours give me a break...
Captain Vincenth McKinley <Mutiny>
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - EU