Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

error code C7

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roalmo
07.14.2012 , 05:05 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by StaticJoe View Post

Don't know much about computers, do you...
Sigh.. like win ME, Win8 is just a slight interface/graphics change which will in no way(other than money flow from You to MS) change the world...

StaticJoe
07.14.2012 , 05:09 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Sigh.. like win ME, Win8 is just a slight interface/graphics change which will in no way(other than money flow from You to MS) change the world...

Are you running W8 on a x86 chip, x64 or ARM? Are you using the Metro UI or a 3d party launcher like Start8 or Classic Shell? When you don't know what you're talking about, please try to be as specific as possible...

Laevena
07.14.2012 , 05:20 PM | #23 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi StaticJoe,

I'm sorry to hear my answer was not satisfying as it was given in good faith. I was merely trying to point out what the Error 7 actually is in order to reduce the spectrum of possible causes for this issue. A missing or corrupted PlatformInfo.dll file is definitely part of the equation and I can assure you that the game itself cannot delete this file.

Could you please provide us with a DxDiag so we can investigate further? Thank you for your cooperation.
Laevena | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

StaticJoe
07.14.2012 , 05:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Laevena View Post
Hi StaticJoe,

I'm sorry to hear my answer was not satisfying as it was given in good faith. I was merely trying to point out what the Error 7 actually is in order to reduce the spectrum of possible causes for this issue. A missing or corrupted PlatformInfo.dll file is definitely part of the equation and I can assure you that the game itself cannot delete this file.

Could you please provide us with a DxDiag so we can investigate further? Thank you for your cooperation.

Well now, this is quite interesting...after demanding my money back in an email to customer support...all of sudden...the game is now working...how about that...in any event, I would not post my DXDIAG--I had already gone through those settings so I knew everything was the way it should be. You see, before posting I do my RESEARCH which then means when I do have an issue, I KNOW FOR A FACT it's an issue and not something with my box--I look for the answer on my own and if I can't find it, I then know there is an issue...and this is the 2d time my problem mysteriously vanished...and while fighting SWTOR for the last 14 hours, I dl'd WoW...which I can play with nary an issue so thank you so very much for taking yet another day of game play away from me...

Laevena
07.14.2012 , 07:45 PM | #25 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for letting know the game is now running fine.

I can assure you we do not perform voodoo but don't hesitate to come back to us if you experience any new issue.

Onyx
07.14.2012 , 08:02 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by StaticJoe View Post
Well now, this is quite interesting...after demanding my money back in an email to customer support...all of sudden...the game is now working...how about that...in any event, I would not post my DXDIAG--I had already gone through those settings so I knew everything was the way it should be. You see, before posting I do my RESEARCH which then means when I do have an issue, I KNOW FOR A FACT it's an issue and not something with my box--I look for the answer on my own and if I can't find it, I then know there is an issue...and this is the 2d time my problem mysteriously vanished...and while fighting SWTOR for the last 14 hours, I dl'd WoW...which I can play with nary an issue so thank you so very much for taking yet another day of game play away from me...
LOL!!

Be careful, "big brother" is watching!!!
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

Menofsteel
07.16.2012 , 10:43 PM | #27

Hi, I'm having trouble, got the dreaded C7 error code...

I had a virus on my system, got it fixed and now SWTOR won't work...

What can i do?

Laevena
07.16.2012 , 10:58 PM | #28 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Menofsteel,

We are sorry to hear you had a virus. First we would recommend you to run a Repair in order to fix any corrupted or missing file in your installation.

You will find the Repair tool under the cogwheel menu in the bottom left corner of the launcher. Please note that you will need to enter your email address and your password first or this option will remain greyed out.

Please let us know if that helped.

MasterRangerABR
08.10.2012 , 09:56 PM | #29
Hello I had a major crash, and had to wipe my comp clean and reinstall everything and now I'm getting error C7 when I was playing fine before the crash and wipe of my comp. I need help.
Reggak "This is not bellow me so tell me what I need to know, and pay."

Bronholz
08.10.2012 , 11:43 PM | #30 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings MasterRangerABR,

To help us investigate your issue please can you create a thread and provide us with a Dxdiag.

Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.

Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)
Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support