Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

error code C7

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

StaticJoe
07.14.2012 , 02:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by StaticJoe View Post
WELL???? DO YOU ANY OF YOU CS FLUNKIES HAVE A SOLUTION OR NOT???? YOU CAN DELETE THREADS WITHIN MOMENTS OF THEM BEING POSTED BUT WHEN PEOPLE NEED HELP YOU'RE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.

I just deleted the retail client folder inside the SWTOR folder then repaired the launcher and am STILL getting the C7 error--the problem is NOT with my pc, it is a game issue so where do I go from here?

Bueller...?? Bueller...?? Frye...?? Frye...??

Griffinous
07.14.2012 , 02:58 PM | #12
StaticJoe, don't be ridiculous. I have also had the game working on Windows 8, we know that it has functioned.

But how can you expect the GMs to support an operating system that hasn't even been released yet? The game is not designed to work on Windows 8 any more than it is designed to work on Linux.

If you felt competant enough to install an operating system meant for testing and supplying feedback to Microsoft (as your only installed operating system!), then be a good chap; troubleshoot yourself.

Or install something which is officially supported by the game.
Watercooled i7 2600k @5ghz, Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z with watercooled chipset, 16gb DDR3, Watercooled 4gb AMD Radeon HD6990, Creative X-Fi Champion Kingston Hyper X 256gb SSD 3x 23" LED monitors @ 5760x1080

StaticJoe
07.14.2012 , 03:05 PM | #13
Quote:
don't be ridiculous. I have also had the game working on Windows 8, we know that it has functioned.

I know it works, it was working fine up until yesterday

Quote:
then be a good chap; troubleshoot yourself.

So completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game, running the launcher fix and the repair 6 times and deleting the retail client folder within the SWTOR folder don't count as troubleshooting...?? Oh kay...then please tell me what does...

Quote:
Or install something which is officially supported by the game
Until yesterday, the game worked with both the 64-bit Developer preview and the 64-bit Release Preview...there are official Nvidia drivers for W8 as well but please tell me how W8 is fundamentally different from W7 since the file system is basically the same, the major difference being W8 is being scaled to operate on desktops, tablets and phones...

Griffinous
07.14.2012 , 03:16 PM | #14
That's very clever of you. But again, the game is not designed for the Windows 8 kernel.
Watercooled i7 2600k @5ghz, Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z with watercooled chipset, 16gb DDR3, Watercooled 4gb AMD Radeon HD6990, Creative X-Fi Champion Kingston Hyper X 256gb SSD 3x 23" LED monitors @ 5760x1080

StaticJoe
07.14.2012 , 03:18 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Griffinous View Post
That's very clever of you. But again, the game is not designed for the Windows 8 kernel.
And how is the W8 kernel vastly different from the W7 kernel?? Oh, that's right...it's NOT

Griffinous
07.14.2012 , 03:25 PM | #16
I bow down before your extensive expertise.

Laevena
07.14.2012 , 03:42 PM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello StaticJoe,

Quote: Originally Posted by StaticJoe View Post
WELL???? DO YOU ANY OF YOU CS FLUNKIES HAVE A SOLUTION OR NOT???? YOU CAN DELETE THREADS WITHIN MOMENTS OF THEM BEING POSTED BUT WHEN PEOPLE NEED HELP YOU'RE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.

I just deleted the retail client folder inside the SWTOR folder then repaired the launcher and am STILL getting the C7 error--the problem is NOT with my pc, it is a game issue so where do I go from here?
Here are some details about the Error code 7 that might be helpful.

Error code 7 is our way of reporting a game initialization failure – essentially, the game failed to run. There has been some speculation about this message being a ‘gate’ blocking players based on their system, but that is not quite accurate. Here are some situations that will result in an error code 7:
  • Missing technology that would cause an unplayable scenario. To be more specific, we require SSE3, introduced in late 2004.
  • Missing PlatformInfo.dll file (part of the SWTOR client).
  • Failure to create a Direct3D device – usually caused by an absent or outdated graphics card driver.
Note that this factor is not related to system processing capabilities, but rather fundamental system architecture (e.g. a 2011 netbook CPU might be able to run SWTOR while a 2004 desktop CPU might not).

Hope this helps pintpointing the issue you're experiencing. Don't hesistate to come back to us for further assistance.
Laevena | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

StaticJoe
07.14.2012 , 03:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Laevena View Post
Hello StaticJoe,

Here are some details about the Error code 7 that might be helpful.

Error code 7 is our way of reporting a game initialization failure – essentially, the game failed to run. There has been some speculation about this message being a ‘gate’ blocking players based on their system, but that is not quite accurate. Here are some situations that will result in an error code 7:
  • Missing technology that would cause an unplayable scenario. To be more specific, we require SSE3, introduced in late 2004.
  • Missing PlatformInfo.dll file (part of the SWTOR client).
  • Failure to create a Direct3D device – usually caused by an absent or outdated graphics card driver.
Note that this factor is not related to system processing capabilities, but rather fundamental system architecture (e.g. a 2011 netbook CPU might be able to run SWTOR while a 2004 desktop CPU might not).

Hope this helps pintpointing the issue you're experiencing. Don't hesistate to come back to us for further assistance.

I rebuilt this box less than a year ago...up until yesterday I was able to play no problem...nothing changed on my pc...W8 comes stock with DX11 and .net Framework 4.5...in the last 12 hours I have updated my vid card drivers, installed DX 9c AND .Net 3.5 AND 4.0...I am STILL getting the same error...so do you have anything helpful and relevant to say, or are you going to keep copying and pasting the same old and tired canned responses which don't resolve the issue...??

Roalmo
07.14.2012 , 04:35 PM | #19
SOLUTION:

Delete Win 8.

Reinstall WIN7.

Simple, eh?

NOTE: WIN8=Win ME

StaticJoe
07.14.2012 , 04:55 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
SOLUTION:

Delete Win 8.

Reinstall WIN7.

Simple, eh?

NOTE: WIN8=Win ME

it is a solution yes...but not an acceptable one--I'm not going to backup everything on this computer then reinstall an OS I already have running on my other computer (which has an AGP 7800GTS video card which I refuse to retire and will run until it dies) THEN reinstall a game for the 2d time in 12 hours which worked just fine 24 hours ago...no, I'm not going to do that...

Quote:
WIN8=Win ME
Don't know much about computers, do you...