Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

error code C7

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icecoldknight
07.12.2012 , 12:40 PM | #1
Since today night after hitting play i get an error message:

This program encountered an internal error and will exit
Error code C7
Imcompatible sytem. Please verify your system is compatible with this game

Never before had that. I have runned this game fine

Cerimon
07.12.2012 , 12:54 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Icecoldknight,

Is your computer a Mac running Boot Camp or Parallels?

Do you have a file called PlatformInfo.dll in the following location(in a default game installation):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient

Please also ensure you have the latest non-beta video driver installed.

If the issue continues please post your Dxdiag file here for investigation.

Obtaining a DxDiag file:
  1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Enter in the following window “DxDiag” and press ENTER or “OK”. Depending on the OS, you may have to confirm a popup window, to include WHQL signatures. It is safe to press YES/OK here.
  3. Now you have the “DirectX Diagnostic Tool” open
  4. Click on “Save All Information…” and save the file at any location convenient (default: Desktop)
    The saved file is now available under the location previously chosen.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Icecoldknight
07.13.2012 , 03:42 AM | #3
Hello thanks for quick answer.
No, my computer is not mac
I have platforminfo.dll in retailclient cache
i have downloaded latest drivers for graphics card
now im gonna send the dxdiag

Kindajenin
07.13.2012 , 03:49 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey Icecoldknight,

When you send your DxDiag we should be able to get to the root of the problem and have you in game in no time.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Icecoldknight
07.13.2012 , 03:51 AM | #5
Spoiler

I hope that this will be fixed

Kindajenin
07.13.2012 , 03:55 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Icecoldknight,

I would advise you to do a fresh install of your graphics drivers by following these steps.
  1. Click on Start .
  2. Open the Control Panel.
  3. Select Programs and Features.
  4. Select ATI Catalyst Install Manager.
  5. Click on Change.
  6. Perform a clean boot of your system(XP)/system(win 7 & Vista).
Please read this helpful post on how to update your drivers again.

I really hope that this helps with your issues

Icecoldknight
07.13.2012 , 04:22 AM | #7
I fixed my problem myself by using returning point and works again (sorry for spelling) but that worked
thanks anyway

Kindajenin
07.13.2012 , 04:28 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Icecoldknight,

Great to hear your issue is resolved, thanks for coming back and letting us know

StaticJoe
07.14.2012 , 03:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Icecoldknight,

Is your computer a Mac running Boot Camp or Parallels?

Do you have a file called PlatformInfo.dll in the following location(in a default game installation):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient

Please also ensure you have the latest non-beta video driver installed.

If the issue continues please post your Dxdiag file here for investigation.

Obtaining a DxDiag file:
  1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Enter in the following window “DxDiag” and press ENTER or “OK”. Depending on the OS, you may have to confirm a popup window, to include WHQL signatures. It is safe to press YES/OK here.
  3. Now you have the “DirectX Diagnostic Tool” open
  4. Click on “Save All Information…” and save the file at any location convenient (default: Desktop)
    The saved file is now available under the location previously chosen.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused

My problem was indeed a missing PlatformInfo.dll file...why would the game delete this file? I am running the 64 bit version of Windows 8 Release Preview and don't even think about trying to tell me the game isn't compatible...IT IS!!!! I have been running W8 for weeks now and before today the only issue I had was I could not install the game from the disks, I had to dl it--after that, it ran fine until today when I started getting the C7 error and found the PlatformInfo.dll was missing. Again, why would the game delete this file?

At this very moment I am dl'ing the game again--after running numerous repairs and renaming the retail version file 3 times as well as re-dl'ing the client 3 times and having no success I finally dumped the game and am currently reinstalling--also, I am going to make up a backup of those files in case this happens again but the major point is this file should not have been deleted...I didn't delete it and neither did the cat, we're the only 2 people living here so what happened? After last night's maintenance I was able to play just fine--tonight no joy and I have to waste an entire night waiting for a multi-GB dl and install...why did this file disappear?
I swear on my medical license! The real one!

--Doctor Ryamn

StaticJoe
07.14.2012 , 02:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by StaticJoe View Post
My problem was indeed a missing PlatformInfo.dll file...why would the game delete this file? I am running the 64 bit version of Windows 8 Release Preview and don't even think about trying to tell me the game isn't compatible...IT IS!!!! I have been running W8 for weeks now and before today the only issue I had was I could not install the game from the disks, I had to dl it--after that, it ran fine until today when I started getting the C7 error and found the PlatformInfo.dll was missing. Again, why would the game delete this file?

At this very moment I am dl'ing the game again--after running numerous repairs and renaming the retail version file 3 times as well as re-dl'ing the client 3 times and having no success I finally dumped the game and am currently reinstalling--also, I am going to make up a backup of those files in case this happens again but the major point is this file should not have been deleted...I didn't delete it and neither did the cat, we're the only 2 people living here so what happened? After last night's maintenance I was able to play just fine--tonight no joy and I have to waste an entire night waiting for a multi-GB dl and install...why did this file disappear?

WELL???? DO YOU ANY OF YOU CS FLUNKIES HAVE A SOLUTION OR NOT???? YOU CAN DELETE THREADS WITHIN MOMENTS OF THEM BEING POSTED BUT WHEN PEOPLE NEED HELP YOU'RE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.

I just deleted the retail client folder inside the SWTOR folder then repaired the launcher and am STILL getting the C7 error--the problem is NOT with my pc, it is a game issue so where do I go from here?