Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection. (208)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection. (208)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bruneor's Avatar


Bruneor
07.12.2012 , 11:12 AM | #1
Hi,

I got this error text when I start the launcher. First it updates itself. I checked the logs and it seems that something is not ok on that phase but somehow it manages to update as I see the new launcher texts. The following printout is from the launcher update phase:

Spoiler


I could get a bit more detailed log info when I tried it in safe mode (still from the launcher update phase):

Spoiler


After it restarts then it starts to complain about Unable to retrieve patch data. Here goes when it tries to download the patch (I get the same printout from safe mode and normal mode as well):
Spoiler


I tried every single hints I could gather from the forums but none of them helped so far.
Comp restart -> no use
checked/restarted router -> nothing
checked the hosts file -> nothing,
flushed DNS -> nothing.
It is not a firewall/antivirus problem as it's happening even with safe mode where those are not loaded/running; not to mention I didn't change any of their settings. Also I disabled the antivirus but no use.
It is not an ISP/router/network issue as the patching works for my desktop (using the same wifi router, however it was managed to patch from an older version of the game (1.1)).
If I type the http://manifest.swtor.com/patch/patcher.patchmanifest I can download the file from a browser.
I tried various combination of swtor_setup.exe, Fixlauncher, repair, version file/patch directory deleting but I doubt those are helping anything as my launcher is up and running just the patching not starts.
I did wait for more then 20 min after the launcher started, no sign that it tries to do anything (nothing new in the logs either). If I wouldn't try anything myself I would say it is clearly an antivirus/firewall problem (launcher blocked from access of http://manifest.swtor.com/patch/patcher.patchmanifest (159.153.92.50 ) ) but as I did now I'm hopless... Please help!

SuperDaioz's Avatar


SuperDaioz
07.12.2012 , 11:32 AM | #2
Yep few people have had this including myself and Ive had no luck since unfortunately. Spoke to support for hours and forwarded all the requested info. At the moment they dont know and have escalated it. I am just waiting to hear back - no idea when though

Tirvaak's Avatar


Tirvaak
07.12.2012 , 11:44 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperDaioz View Post
Yep few people have had this including myself and Ive had no luck since unfortunately. Spoke to support for hours and forwarded all the requested info. At the moment they dont know and have escalated it. I am just waiting to hear back - no idea when though
Hi SuperDaioz,

I know from speaking to you in another thread that you have been having some problems with the launcher. We are looking into this issue but at this time we do not have any further updates, as advised by our technical department.

Unfortunately I cannot give you a time frame on when you will be contacted back about this problem. We are hoping to have this resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks.



Hi Bruneor,

Thank you for providing this information. I'm sorry to hear you have been having problems with the launcher also. I'd ask if you could please follow the instructions in our Information Request: Post 1.3.2 Launcher Issues.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

xelerater's Avatar


xelerater
07.14.2012 , 05:23 AM | #4
having same issues with little or no help at all with this problem paying for sub cant even log into after maintenance on 10th surely if there is a problem with launcher they should be looking at it

StaticJoe's Avatar


StaticJoe
07.14.2012 , 05:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xelerater View Post
having same issues with little or no help at all with this problem paying for sub cant even log into after maintenance on 10th surely if there is a problem with launcher they should be looking at it

Somehow some way for some reason my game decided to delete the PlatformInfo.dll file--instead of finishing the Nar Shaddaa bonus quests with my Sorc, I've spent my Friday night/Saturday morning waiting for the game to finish downloading and installing...ridiculous....

Zalmaar's Avatar


Zalmaar
07.14.2012 , 11:59 AM | #6
Having the same issue, tried all troubleshooting steps, uninstalled and reinstalled the game countless times and still having the issue. I sent in a ticket a few days ago and still no response, a bit annoying as I haven't been able to log on for a couple days and my paid time is getting wasted.

SuperDaioz's Avatar


SuperDaioz
07.17.2012 , 04:56 AM | #7
Ye I still got this. Same as you guys as of the 1.3.2 patch when previously it always worked. Contacted support by phone last night again as Ive heard nothing since my last call 5 days ago (said I would be contacted within 2) and got told to wait for an email. When I asked roughly when will this be they said they couldnt put a timescale on it. When asked if this has even been looked at atall they didnt know. Great Communication I really know where I am with this issue that they created with this patch and has prevented me playing the game entirely.

Bruneor's Avatar


Bruneor
07.18.2012 , 01:35 PM | #8
I'm eagerly waited to see if anything changes with the new patch but nope, even more launcher problem... I also waited for almost a week now if BW has anything to say about this problem but apart from an auto-generated response to my ticket nothing happened. You kept me sitting in the dark for too long and now my patience ran out. So I cancelled my subscription until you find a solution.

It's a pity that it comes to this as I really enjoyed playing the game but I'm not going to pay for something which I can't use. Luckily my friend is able to play so at least my already paid sub will be used. If you ever manage to find a solution for this, I will be happy to re-sub however for some reason I have my doubts... Please prove that I'm wrong!

Tirvaak's Avatar


Tirvaak
07.18.2012 , 03:22 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Bruneor View Post
I'm eagerly waited to see if anything changes with the new patch but nope, even more launcher problem... I also waited for almost a week now if BW has anything to say about this problem but apart from an auto-generated response to my ticket nothing happened. You kept me sitting in the dark for too long and now my patience ran out. So I cancelled my subscription until you find a solution.

It's a pity that it comes to this as I really enjoyed playing the game but I'm not going to pay for something which I can't use. Luckily my friend is able to play so at least my already paid sub will be used. If you ever manage to find a solution for this, I will be happy to re-sub however for some reason I have my doubts... Please prove that I'm wrong!
Hi Bruneor,

I'm sorry that you have not received a reply from our Technical support. I just wanted to let you know that your issue is still being looked into and you will receive a response as soon as possible.

We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Kreaxus's Avatar


Kreaxus
07.18.2012 , 05:35 PM | #10
I just canceled my subscription too since i cannot play for about a week now. Everything was fine before this patch and i rly enjoyed playing the game cause im a big fan of star wars and im rly sad i had to do this but i will not pay until they fix this problem. I made a ticket but i don't see the point of answering all the question they asked me on my computer and everything since iv been playing this game since december 15 just fine ... anyway i hope they fix this soon