Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force of Wills: The Ties that Bind

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
Force of Wills: The Ties that Bind

greyjedibp
07.29.2012 , 07:56 AM | #61
That leaves me with a qustion may not be improved but who will Kianna romacane anybody like Rusk or Scourge or will remain alone or will there be a suprise?

Still feel bad for Kianna. I mean Doc and Kira and Jedi's are not helping her in fact making her feel worse.

Rusk and Scourge I can understand. Casue Scourge a sith lord and Rusk just a trooper.

Earthmama
07.29.2012 , 01:36 PM | #62
Shadowtown

Spoiler

Kalterien
07.29.2012 , 01:51 PM | #63
I was wondering when you'd get back to Shadowtown..

I'm almost hating Marek as much as I hate his mom..
"Bow before me, or fall before me." - Daigotsu Kanpeki
Live. Grow Stronger. Fight another day.

greyjedibp
07.29.2012 , 01:55 PM | #64
Poor Shiloh I feel bad for her.

I feel really bad for Quinn more than ever. I mean Quinn's son turn into a monster and Tech don't like her now.

Will Quinn and Shiloh ever escape or will be resuse by someone?

kabeone
07.29.2012 , 02:59 PM | #65
I can't imagine what it would take for Quinn to let someone call him Mal.
I must be twisted too because I keep re-reading the most heart breaking parts. <3

Magdalane
07.29.2012 , 03:05 PM | #66
I can see them learning to have feelings for each other, seventeen years is a long time to share a small space!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Kalterien
07.29.2012 , 03:15 PM | #67
Quinn always struck me as being species-est, but that was mostly from his conversations in game and how he'd react sometimes to certain aliens, while I was out questing with him. I could have been reading to much into it, so for me it was kind of neat seeing that he did form a relationship with Shiloh.
"Bow before me, or fall before me." - Daigotsu Kanpeki
Live. Grow Stronger. Fight another day.

bright_ephemera
07.29.2012 , 03:24 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalterien View Post
Quinn always struck me as being species-est, but that was mostly from his conversations in game and how he'd react sometimes to certain aliens, while I was out questing with him. I could have been reading to much into it, so for me it was kind of neat seeing that he did form a relationship with Shiloh.
Yes, I always got the impression he is a model speciesist Imperial. But I imagine even he could lower his standards somewhere in the course of seventeen years, especially after all the effort Ardyth went through to break him in general.

I'll echo the sentiment that "Mal" is perhaps one of the most surprising intimacies I've ever read with regard to Quinn.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Earthmama
07.29.2012 , 03:38 PM | #69
I thought long and hard about how Quinn would change after spending so many years in prison, he's much more relaxed and forgiving.

After 17 years in a cell, Quinn has re-evaluated his values and the meaning of duty. Despite his best efforts at being "the perfect Imperial" in the end it meant nothing, all of his accomplishments and service mean nothing because his legacy has been tainted from being branded a traitor. He's learned to let a lot of things go, including propriety, this is the longest relationship he's ever been in, they literally live on top of each other. He didn't like it, at first, but realized it was his issue, and what did it matter if she called him by his first name, it was his name, it's not like he commanded any subordinates anymore, there was no reason for any of it. The habits he's kept, he kept because he wanted to, not because he felt he needed to or because that's what was expected of him, which were big motivating factors in his younger years. He's discovered that he is a loving and tender man, his only regret isn't being forced out of the military, it's not being there for his children.

Earthmama
07.29.2012 , 04:14 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalterien View Post
He could have either continued to be a speciest jack hole and disdainful of her species, or he could have engaged her, talked to her and discover her as a person, not just an alien. Think American History X while Edward Norton's character is in jail and he befriends a black man, (also INCREDIBLE film if you've never seen it) he eventually lets go of the racism when he discovered that lo and behold, this black man is a person, in the exact same ****** situation who has his own fears and strengths and maybe he wasn't right after all.

As for Shiloh calling him "Mal" She's a tough girl, and will call him whatever she wants, and Quinn let's her, because he doesn't care anymore and he loves her.