Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Force of Wills: The Ties that Bind

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
Force of Wills: The Ties that Bind

Earthmama's Avatar


Earthmama
08.31.2012 , 01:17 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Serris_Kell View Post
So an unsupported crew of jumped up street toughs was able to take on a reinforced army platoon led by a full squad of top end SF operators, kill the line infantry, disable the SF squad, and capture one of them, with the only casualty being the leaders "sullied honor" (Skadge doesn't count), despite this SF squad being able to smash whole companies in the field without aid, wiped out their Imperial equivalent early on, laughs at fighting Stih, and tasked with taking out the Empires equivalent to the Pentagon?

"kay.
Platoon of about 4 squads, in the SW universe we're given that's approx 20 people total plus M1-4X, who was sliced and rendered useless thanks to Mako. Jorgan, and M1-4X we're leading, I made no mention of the rest of Havoc, because if you've done the Bastion assault in game, they are split up in the early portion of the fighting. They've just come off of fighting the Imperials who were defending that section of the Bastion, and taken casualties before Ava and crew make their assault. Remember that the Republic has just cracked the Bastion wide open and are on the move, Ava and crew slip in, keep in mind they killed or have the option to kill, the supreme chancellor and have gotten in close to sensitive targets before.

Anyways, Ava and crew take out a wounded but recovering group of soldier from above and by surprise, running in with bombs and missiles and juiced up tech, on top of Ava, by the story given by the game, who is the most effective and feared BH in the Galaxy at the time, She took out the Chancellor and countless Jedi. A group of battle worn and wounded soldiers, Spec ops or not, doesn't scare her when she felt she had the upper hand and element of surprise.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain the details as clearly as I could have, but I didn't want my chapter sounding like a military briefing.

I'm also sorry you don't feel it was realistic enough, but given what the BH actually does in game, I didn't feel it was so far fetched considering what she's capable of.

I hope you'll keep reading, and I'm sorry you were disappointed in this installment.

kabeone's Avatar


kabeone
08.31.2012 , 02:19 PM | #152
That's how I read it so I think you told it well.

Sometimes I feel like it's hard to accept there are other BAMFs in the galaxy because I have my favorite class. Just gotta go with the flow.

Also, Skadge resolution, yay!

SveinEternity's Avatar


SveinEternity
08.31.2012 , 02:22 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
Platoon of about 4 squads, in the SW universe we're given that's approx 20 people total plus M1-4X, who was sliced and rendered useless thanks to Mako. Jorgan, and M1-4X we're leading, I made no mention of the rest of Havoc, because if you've done the Bastion assault in game, they are split up in the early portion of the fighting. They've just come off of fighting the Imperials who were defending that section of the Bastion, and taken casualties before Ava and crew make their assault. Remember that the Republic has just cracked the Bastion wide open and are on the move, Ava and crew slip in, keep in mind they killed or have the option to kill, the supreme chancellor and have gotten in close to sensitive targets before.

Anyways, Ava and crew take out a wounded but recovering group of soldier from above and by surprise, running in with bombs and missiles and juiced up tech, on top of Ava, by the story given by the game, who is the most effective and feared BH in the Galaxy at the time, She took out the Chancellor and countless Jedi. A group of battle worn and wounded soldiers, Spec ops or not, doesn't scare her when she felt she had the upper hand and element of surprise.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain the details as clearly as I could have, but I didn't want my chapter sounding like a military briefing.

I'm also sorry you don't feel it was realistic enough, but given what the BH actually does in game, I didn't feel it was so far fetched considering what she's capable of.

I hope you'll keep reading, and I'm sorry you were disappointed in this installment.
This was also the way I read it and I agree about the realism. I think you did a great job.
The Eternity Legacy

Adwynyth's Avatar


Adwynyth
08.31.2012 , 08:41 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
Spoiler
Yes. "Quinness" is definitely a word.

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
08.31.2012 , 09:06 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
Yes. "Quinness" is definitely a word.
Quinness. Quinnishness. Quinnity. (Quiniquity, n., the assorted misdeeds Quinn commits?) Quinnosity. Quinnicality. Quinniferousness. Quinntion. (Quindignation, the angry annoyance caused by Quinn's actions?) Quinnishism.

Yeah, "Quinness" is the least tortured noun form.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone's Avatar


kabeone
08.31.2012 , 09:51 PM | #156
Quintessence (physics) – A hypothetical form of dark energy postulated as an explanation of observations of an accelerating universe. It differs from the cosmological constant explanation of dark energy in that it changes over time. It is suggested that quintessence can be either attractive or repulsive depending on the ratio of kinetic to potential energy in the universe. Specifically, it is thought that quintessence became repulsive about 10 billion years ago.

Quinntessence (SW:ToR) – Exactly the same as quintessence with an extra n. It became repulsive about Chapter 3 in the Sith Warrior story line and is the reason that a SW:ToR galaxy Fanfic has to accelerate away from the original galaxy before he can become attractive again. Quinntessence is either attractive or repulsive depending on the ratio of how pathetic and tortured he is to how many people allow him to continue breathing for no good reason.

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
08.31.2012 , 09:57 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Quintessence (physics) – A hypothetical form of dark energy postulated as an explanation of observations of an accelerating universe. It differs from the cosmological constant explanation of dark energy in that it changes over time. It is suggested that quintessence can be either attractive or repulsive depending on the ratio of kinetic to potential energy in the universe. Specifically, it is thought that quintessence became repulsive about 10 billion years ago.

Quinntessence (SW:ToR) – Exactly the same as quintessence with an extra n. It became repulsive about Chapter 3 in the Sith Warrior story line and is the reason that a SW:ToR galaxy Fanfic has to accelerate away from the original galaxy before he can become attractive again. Quinntessence is either attractive or repulsive depending on the ratio of how pathetic and tortured he is to how many people allow him to continue breathing for no good reason.
...buh...I...this...kabeone, after five minutes I've managed to recover from incapacitating laughter long enough to state that you have a truly spectacular creative mind. Your Quinntessence is a solid theory that neatly explains pretty much everything about the man. And it's...attractive, repulsive, with acceleration away from the original galaxy, and it's perfect.

Quinn theory is ridiculously fun.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Adwynyth's Avatar


Adwynyth
08.31.2012 , 09:57 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Quinness. Quinnishness. Quinnity. (Quiniquity, n., the assorted misdeeds Quinn commits?) Quinnosity. Quinnicality. Quinniferousness. Quinntion. (Quindignation, the angry annoyance caused by Quinn's actions?) Quinnishism.

Yeah, "Quinness" is the least tortured noun form.
Oooo...I like Quiniquity.

We already have Quinncident. Why not Quiniquity for every "can I please eject him out the airlock?" maneuver he performs.

Adwynyth's Avatar


Adwynyth
08.31.2012 , 09:58 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
...buh...I...this...kabeone, after five minutes I've managed to recover from incapacitating laughter long enough to state that you have a truly spectacular creative mind. Your Quinntessence is a solid theory that neatly explains pretty much everything about the man. And it's...attractive, repulsive, with acceleration away from the original galaxy, and it's perfect.

Quinn theory is ridiculously fun.
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAAAAHA! <---- hasn't recovered yet

Earthmama's Avatar


Earthmama
09.01.2012 , 11:56 AM | #160
Corellia the Bastion


Spoiler