Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s the reward for hitting level 50 Legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What’s the reward for hitting level 50 Legacy

Fleurdelis
07.12.2012 , 12:53 PM | #21
The fleet becomes silent. As you ride around in a big circle everyone looks at you and gives a golf clap.

Anti_Bodies
07.12.2012 , 01:24 PM | #22
Some of the comments here are really amusing

HarleysRule
07.12.2012 , 01:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by WitchKings View Post
A message box pops up saying "You need to go outside"
Yeah my first thought was South Park Guitar Hero episode ending.

erei
07.12.2012 , 01:44 PM | #24
A message pop saying "now you need to grind money for your legacy unlock".

Urael
07.12.2012 , 01:51 PM | #25
@LogunOne

You get a cookie!

LogunOne
07.12.2012 , 06:32 PM | #26
I guess I deserve the sarcastic responses considering how facetious I was about posing the question, but I was actually serious.

Obtaining Level 50 Legacy is no walk in the park and I think it shows a certain dedication to the game, a commitment in time not dissimilar to what it would take to obtain the highest-level rewards for the PvP or PvE paths.

So, it seems to me just a little weird that the largest voice over project in all entertainment history, the MMO that brought contextual story to the genre only rewords players if they play the game like WoW.

Virtus-Kerensky
07.13.2012 , 12:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LogunOne View Post
I guess I deserve the sarcastic responses considering how facetious I was about posing the question, but I was actually serious.

Obtaining Level 50 Legacy is no walk in the park and I think it shows a certain dedication to the game, a commitment in time not dissimilar to what it would take to obtain the highest-level rewards for the PvP or PvE paths.

So, it seems to me just a little weird that the largest voice over project in all entertainment history, the MMO that brought contextual story to the genre only rewords players if they play the game like WoW.
I wouldn't even consider reaching lvl 50 legacy an achievement since literally almost everything you do in the game gives you progress towards it. Play long enough and it's impossible not to slam into it sooner or later.
If it's taken you just over 6 months to reach legacy 50. That's nothing in the grand scheme of MMO's. Try taking 8-12 months just to level one class to the level cap in an old school MMO, where only like 2% of the exp to get to the cap was earned solo.

There are MMO's out there that required players to organize and manage dozens of other players for years, LITERALLY YEARS just to score one single uber piece of gear. Legacy 50, is nothing to write home about.

Chicktopus
07.13.2012 , 02:36 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LogunOne View Post
True, but there's no real skill involved, but that's besides the point. Legacy 50 is not rewarded, no, but you have the advantage that you will be able to unlock all Legacy unlocks right off the bat (provided you meet the other requirements). Once the Legacy system is expanded further, I'm sure you'll see some sort of rewards for maxing out your Legacy. This raises an interesting point though; will the Legacy level cap remain at 50 when the character level cap raises? If so, this could mean there are no planned rewards for reaching Legacy 50.

Newbrax
07.13.2012 , 03:29 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by WitchKings View Post
A message box pops up saying "You need to go outside"

But in all seriousness the max reward you can get at the moment is at level 25 legacy. Currently beyond that there is no benefit, but I am sure they are going to add stuff for the extra 25 levels in the future as legacy is still a new thing.
The guy with 4 50's is telling the guy with 7 50's to go outside... lol
Trample the weak, hurdle the dead. Only the strong survive.

Cran
07.13.2012 , 03:38 AM | #30
Ah, you know how it is Newbrax, everyone who plays less than us/has worse gear/less stuff is a noob, and everyone who has more of anything has no life!