Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are like 30 servers locked

solikepoison
07.12.2012 , 02:11 AM | #1
I have quite a few characters, and so many of the servers are locked what is happening?

jkroon
07.12.2012 , 02:13 AM | #2
Have you been on vacation for the last 3 months? I'd suggest you read the stickies about the server transfers, to start with...

BurnedRemains
07.12.2012 , 02:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by solikepoison View Post
I have quite a few characters, and so many of the servers are locked what is happening?
I hope they are going to merge them. If that is the case I will be super happy. Especially if they allow us to freely transfer our remaining characters to the server we are on.

OmegaMayhem
07.12.2012 , 02:15 AM | #4
Stickies.

Read them.

solikepoison
07.12.2012 , 02:17 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jkroon View Post
Have you been on vacation for the last 3 months? I'd suggest you read the stickies about the server transfers, to start with...
Yes actually I have been deployed overseas

solikepoison
07.12.2012 , 02:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jkroon View Post
I would read stickies, but I dont have time to read 300 posts and guess which post reply has my answer

Baphomet_x
07.12.2012 , 02:25 AM | #7
free character transfer,

low population to high population destination server

few days ago

announcement that origin servers are all locked

announcement that soon origin servers will be merged,forcefully

no extra character slots,

multiple servers played at times by one

error,error,

only 8 characters per person allowed in future until slot expansion...speculation result
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC1MsX0Qsao
post this link in your signature...use this link to help people understand where the future is going,why,and what to do about it
"Knights of the old republic-sub" since may 2012

Vitas
07.12.2012 , 02:44 AM | #8
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

jkroon
07.12.2012 , 02:50 AM | #9
I would read stickies, but I dont have time to read 300 posts and guess which post reply has my answer
Tbh you havent been bothered to read anything whatsoever, including large official announcements. So don't try to fool yourself.

Zehf
07.12.2012 , 04:04 AM | #10
??

You have to sift through 300 posts to see the official announcements on the front page?

They are in the process of consolidating population into the selected "destination" servers. They don't want new players rolling toons on dead servers that everyone has already transferred off of, hence being locked. You can still play if you have characters on locked servers, but I suggest transferring them to servers with healthy populations.
Skill > Gear. Wardrobe competitions belong in Project Runway.

Take Notes Bioware