Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

emperor palpatine and order 66

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
emperor palpatine and order 66

ForranAradle
07.21.2012 , 02:04 PM | #31
The Clone troopers were soldiers fighting for the republic, NOT the Jedi. That was one of 150 orders for worst case scenarios. The troopers did not do because they were evil but the were following orders. And at that time the orders came from the supreme commander of the republic. And like good soldiers they obeyed.
Major Eskol: Vanguard Tor'blenos: Bounty hunter:
Forran: Commando : Rao: Agent
Zhorn: Sith Lord: The Aradle Legacy :

Sabster
07.22.2012 , 08:14 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by HaleLightmight View Post
has anyone though about this topic?like really REALLY THOUGH about it?
because there is one thing i would like to know,how does emperor palpatine trick the clones into order 66?
?
/boggle
"Hey, while your making me my clones... Give them a secret code word that'll make them do whatever I say and don't tell anyone about it; even me! The code word wll be order 66"

Done.

Selvec
07.22.2012 , 09:18 PM | #33
Order 66 was a genetic control chip pretty much. It was a deeply embedded part of each clones mind that was completely unknown to them. Upon saying "Order 66" the clone's genetic coding fired off and they carried out the instructions. They had no way of resisting as it was actually apart of who they were. Think of it like hypnosis that is apart of the persons very being. When you hypnotise someone you use a trigger word that makes them start to act a certain way, they can't resist, and they have no idea it happened. Its the same with the clones. Order 66 is the trigger word, and the clones act, as its part of their very genetic makeup, they have no choice. The jedi wouldn't have sensed it because each clone had no idea it existed, all that was needed is the trigger word. Jedi can only sense intentions, thing others are planning on doing or thinking about.

So as you can now see, the jedi had no chance of uncovering the plot, and the clones had no way of resisting.

xShadowxs
07.23.2012 , 06:30 AM | #34
well one palpatine is the one who paid and setup the creation of the clone army and he himself was a jedi or presented himself as one and had it coded they had to follow any jedi's word as the law its not hard to point two and two together at that point

RixoFutu
07.24.2012 , 03:36 PM | #35
Umm, no. It was simply order as anyone other. No build-in order in clones themself or something like that. It wasn't that simple. According the book Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, many clones had problem with it, they questioned it and deny it. At least for some time until they was forced to did that and obey, because they didn't want to fight and kill their brothers (another units).
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

TheBentOne
07.24.2012 , 11:21 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
You know that nothing about that changed in the Empire, when Imperial Officers took command. (Well, the officers weren't at the front line, exept in heavy armored vehicles.) And the droids used exactly the same tactics.

It's not the Jedi's fault that military tactics in the Star Wars universe seem underdeveloped.

By the way the Jedi do answer to the Republic. They have sworn loyalty to the Republic long ago. You remember Obi-Wan? "Anakin, my allegience is with the Republic, with democracy!"

And who placed the Jedi in command of the clones? Who did it? Not the Jedi themselves. Either Palpatine or the Senate.
It was all part of Palpatines plan. In order for him to be able to kill the jedi off without a huge public outcry he had to erode thier image to the point where thier deaths would be seen as the right thing to do. Hence him putting a jedi order with no military experiance heading a slave army and being forced to actually fight a war with it.

Just thought I'd point out here that The Mandalorians have fought with the jedi aganst the sith trumverite, again during the new sith wars, and later during parts of the second galactic civil war.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

zejaie
07.25.2012 , 03:21 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by HaleLightmight View Post
has anyone though about this topic?like really REALLY THOUGH about it?
because there is one thing i would like to know,how does emperor palpatine trick the clones into order 66?
like do the clones know about ,and the order was emplanted in their mind during growth.and if they did,how did obi wan and all the other jedi not sense it?or was it like "(emperor palpatine speaking) now listen you pathic fools,the jedi are traders to the republic,and you will gain their trust, then when i give the command,you will kill them.all of them." or is there some thing else going on and i'm just really clueless and dumb enogh to figure it out
?
It's simple. The clones were created to be absolutely loyal the the Republic. As the political head of the Republic, they would obey Palpatine without reservation. It had nothing to do with the dark side. If they had been breed to obey the Jedi order, it would have been a different story.
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!