Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

biochem adrenals are pointless? (numbers inside)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
biochem adrenals are pointless? (numbers inside)

GnatB
07.12.2012 , 10:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by neuroid View Post
I just ran some tests with biochem adrenals to see if they were worthwhile or not. What I found is that they're pretty pointless for the amount of effort it can take to make them. I'm going to share some numbers and I'd like to get your thoughts.
Amount of effort it can take to make them? If you're biochem, RE them to purple (20% chance, only need to go from blue to purple) and they're reuseable. Make 'em once, keep 'em forever. (and heck, they don't even bind, so you can pass them around to alts)

I'll agree, probably not worth it for non-biochems. Definitely for bio-chems. Which is the whole point of why BioChem is flawed. Either the biochem restriction needs to be removed, or the reuseableness needs to be removed, or the "single use" ones need to be *far* cheaper to make per item. (presumably by cranking up the yield)

Yogol
07.13.2012 , 03:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Either the biochem restriction needs to be removed, or the reuseableness needs to be removed, or the "single use" ones need to be *far* cheaper to make per item. (presumably by cranking up the yield)
Yeah, but we're already saying that for six month snow and nothing...
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

jamescloutier
07.13.2012 , 04:53 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Either the biochem restriction needs to be removed, or the reuseableness needs to be removed, or the "single use" ones need to be *far* cheaper to make per item. (presumably by cranking up the yield)
They aren't going to remove the reuseables from the game or remove the restrictions. What they have said they are going to do is not include a reuseable version on future more powerful items being added to the game. Figure those will be put in either with the new op or at the very latest when they raise the level cap.

Now I completely agree that the yield needs to be much higher. A similar set of mats can either make a stim that lasts 2 hours or enough adrenals to last about 1 minute. Makes no sense and I have the same beef with medpacks.

Heezdedjim
07.13.2012 , 07:21 AM | #24
This is one of those min/max classes of items where, if you finish a boss fight with 38 points of HP left, then you can thank your 38 points of marginal healing from the adrenal for making that a win rather than a wipe. Otherwise, yeah, they're a total waste. They do not deliver a benefit proportional to the time and mats needed to make them, which is why I also have never bothered with them. On top of that, with the monster lag spikes happening all the time in combat now, it's very likely that much of the run time on these will be completely wasted, since you're stunlocked by lag waiting for a chance to do anything after popping one.

DakotaDoc
06.03.2013 , 04:45 PM | #25
I agree, 15 seconds is not worth the matt cost. And they are somewhat pointless. I believe if they made the run time of the adrenal lets say 30 or ideally 60 seconds they would be of value. consumable Adrenals would have value, would sell and people would use them when in tough fights. 15 seconds is nothing.
[█╣╣╣()╣╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Fix Green Lightsabers

VigDiath
06.03.2013 , 05:16 PM | #26
For a healer Surge is what you want. I use those on my Sorc and Sage and the healing difference is there. Sometimes I'll use the Power adrenal which also increases your heals. It may seem small, but every little heal you can eke out over a 5 minute boss fight helps.

I normally pop my adrenals a few moments into a fight if not right away and half way thru the fight. It depends on the boss really and whether I notice the tank taking a lot of damage at the start of a fight.

On my Tanks...those adrenals make ALL THE DIFFERENCE! And they help the healer so he/she does not have to struggle with heals. For my Tanks I go with the Absorb or Armor increase adrenals.

And my DPS I rarely use em but I will for some boss fights where a lot of DPS is needed. Again it'll be Surge or Power.

All of that is in addition to the relics I use as well. Overall, you should be using adrenals. Early on for lowbie fights it may not matter as much, but for end game raiding, some guilds will not let you raid without them. Especially boss fights where every little bit of DPS/Heals helps.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Ancaglon
06.04.2013 , 04:31 AM | #27
Impressive thread necromancy... almost a year since the last post...

Thundergulch
06.04.2013 , 10:20 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
Impressive thread necromancy... almost a year since the last post...
It happens on a daily basis, it's mind bottling.

Cupelixx
06.05.2013 , 02:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
It happens on a daily basis, it's mind bottling.
Who cares? Seriously, why do people trip when someone 'necros' a thread?
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

Thundergulch
06.05.2013 , 03:00 PM | #30
Because usually the person that necro's a thread replies to something that has been fixed, or doesn't matter any more.