Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

biochem adrenals are pointless? (numbers inside)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
biochem adrenals are pointless? (numbers inside)

Raekor
07.12.2012 , 12:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Typeslice View Post
... There is no reason you shouldn't be using them if you are biochem.
Forgot to say I wasn't Biochem. By all means if you are you should be using your reusable one every cooldown (fight mechanics permitting).

jedip_enguin
07.12.2012 , 01:16 AM | #12
I loves my Biochem Rakata Power adrenal.

But I wouldn't bother with regular consumed on use ones on my non biochem characters unless a fight was really c**k blocking my guild.
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Arlbo_Nabbins
07.12.2012 , 05:17 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Typeslice View Post
Lol. Dude, your average was 38 points higher. That means an extra 38 points on every heal within the 15 secondd b; Not just an extra 38 points total over 15 seconds. Now think about what that does at level 50 when a tank needs extra heals because he took a debuff he shouldn't have.
I was just about to point that out

For those 6 heals the Triage adrenal gave you 228 extra healing over 6 casts. That is not an insignificant amount at that level as it works out at just under 2/3 of a non crit heal. Considering that you need to churn out stuff to increase biochem itself it seems worthwhile to use the adrenals you make or get hold of some for the really important fights where every edge counts.

DenitharPurloin
07.12.2012 , 05:27 AM | #14
Adrenals and relics that need to be used are VERY useful, in limited situations.

Take for example the last boss encounter in Denova (EC), when you are fighting the Bombers or the Battlewalker, time is of the essence. Now, the trash in-between is no real issue and can be dealt with accordingly, but you need to take down the Bombers and Battlewalker as quick as you can.

The trick is not in the use, but in the timing. Then and only then, they make a hard fight a walk in the park.

patchew
07.12.2012 , 06:48 AM | #15
well by yuor maths, its a 10% buff .. which of course wouldnt include any new skills that you will learn that may have a proc or crit increase. bearing in mind, you will get crit chance increases which will have proportional increases for the stim.
if you want to be 10% better, yea use em. If you dont, then dont.

BhubbaFetish
07.12.2012 , 06:51 AM | #16
i can tell you as a longtime 400 biochemist, that i have never made, used, or been asked for an adrenal. period.
i was a little upset when i looked at the black hole vendor and saw that they had added...................adrenal recipes..................................woohoo... ........well, at least that's one less thing to save up for

MasterKayote
07.12.2012 , 07:06 AM | #17
Never used adrenals while leveling. Theyre dumb and a waste of resources better spent leveling through medpacs or stims.

At end game though, theyre ******. Its another awesome cooldown for your class. Specially if you make the neverending epics. They help... a lot! I always open up boss fights with my power relic and crit adrenal after the tank has had a few seconds for aggro (otherwise its a guaranteed pull). Usually by the end of the fight the CD is over and I can reuse. And thats if I forget to use them somewhere inbetween.

Infalliable
07.12.2012 , 07:22 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
I loves my Biochem Rakata Power adrenal.

But I wouldn't bother with regular consumed on use ones on my non biochem characters unless a fight was really c**k blocking my guild.
Exactly, the reusable rakata ones are awesome and used all the time in boss fights.

The consumed on use ones are however, overly expensive to make for the vast majority of situations. Especially when you compare them to the stims. The resource requirements aren't that much different and they last

Marak
07.12.2012 , 07:31 AM | #19
I too feel that the non-reusables don't warrant their cost. I use my reusable one during inspiration burn phases on my Guardian but never carry any on my Gunslinger, even though I can make them for myself. Just not worth the mats.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

CitizenFry
07.12.2012 , 09:31 AM | #20
If you're a biochem: might as well make and use the reusable one, because why not!

If you're not a biochem: in a tight fight, that little extra boost could be enough to push you over the top. But man, they are EXPENSIVE if you use them frequently. The cost would need to come WAY down before I considered using them with any regularity...maybe if they were crafted in bundles of 10 for the current mat cost, instead of individual units?