Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PT Leveling Spec

HavocMaster
07.11.2012 , 09:03 PM | #1
So, what is the best leveling spec for PT's? Shield Tech, AP, or Pyro? Assuming I am planning to use Mako, primarily.
Cipher Nine out.

dijskykiller
07.11.2012 , 09:53 PM | #2
ST is the best leveling spec for me with dps gear.
Ja'no Vekk
POWERTECH - MERCENARY
Ebon Hawk - Sef's Shield Tech PvP Tanking Guide

Dademoor
07.12.2012 , 04:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by dijskykiller View Post
I agree with this. Shield Tech has some really great leveling tools and will add to your survivability quite a lot. If you stack Aim over Endurance you will still put out enough DPS to kill pretty much anything including most HEROIC 2's. Around level 35-40 you may want to switch to Torian for added DPS. You may have to use Recharge and Reload more often, but your killing speed goes up so much using him over Mako that it more than makes up for the difference.

On a side note, running as Shield Tech spec while leveling will allow you to tank Flash Points very well. Your queue times for a tank (at least on my server) are instant so anytime you feel like running a FP, just pop into one then go back to questing. Kind of an added bonus to leveling as a tank spec.
Likely Outcomes of Owning a REAL Lightsaber
1% Save the galaxy 2% Sell it to the highest bidder
7% Become a ruthless murderer
90% Immediate. Accidental Self-Dismemberment

TheOpf
07.12.2012 , 05:30 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by dijskykiller View Post
Shield tech to 20 - Pyro to 40 - and then anything you want is the right there in fastest way to level. Pyro gets really good around lvl 20.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)