Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Launcher issues and no updates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher issues and no updates

ambAsics's Avatar


ambAsics
07.11.2012 , 07:34 PM | #1
In light of the launcher updates, any self respecting company would compensate people affected (bare minimum 2 days). I have been waiting patiently with not so much as a reply to my e-mail other than, "Make sure you run as administrator blah blah blah."

The game worked before, you patched it, it doesn't work. Obviously it is something on your end.

unixbomber's Avatar


unixbomber
07.11.2012 , 07:43 PM | #2
But,... they said they were sorry?

ambAsics's Avatar


ambAsics
07.11.2012 , 07:46 PM | #3
I almost feel that since this is their issue, I am obligated to compensated time seeing as I am unable to play....

Can they get away with this?

CollateralCephei's Avatar


CollateralCephei
07.11.2012 , 07:48 PM | #4
Seeing how it's roughly $0.50 a day to play, I really wouldn't think you'd be getting much. Whatever is happening is apparently a large bug that snuck by, yes, it would be fantastic to be hearing more from BioWare, however there are untold things that could be going wrong and were this a simple problem the team would probably already have it fixed.

It sucks, I think we all realize that, but I don't think we have much of a choice other than wait for the team to realize what went wrong, and fix it.

Sarlord's Avatar


Sarlord
07.11.2012 , 07:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ambAsics View Post
In light of the launcher updates, any self respecting company would compensate people affected (bare minimum 2 days). I have been waiting patiently with not so much as a reply to my e-mail other than, "Make sure you run as administrator blah blah blah."

The game worked before, you patched it, it doesn't work. Obviously it is something on your end.
I with you on this one. customers are getting really annoyed and i think the flaming is going to go critical mass very soon. completely unacceptable. Did you get a reply email???? i have seen nothing.

wounder if they had something removed from them like there internet what sort of response would they want. I'm sure it would be compensation. what is BW going to do to make me and the rest of us happy again as it better be good.

unixbomber's Avatar


unixbomber
07.11.2012 , 07:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarlord View Post
I with you on this one. customers are getting really annoyed and i think the flaming is going to go critical mass very soon. completely unacceptable. Did you get a reply email???? i have seen nothing.
Don't worry. Perhaps a sticky on how to check your spam folder of your email of choice is coming soon. That's the only explanation for you not receiving a response, naturally. With any luck, everyone will be back up and running before the next maintenance. Let's hope this one is actually tested; on second thought, quality assurance is too expensive and not really worth it. Thanks for playing Star Wars: The Old Beta.

Sarlord's Avatar


Sarlord
07.11.2012 , 08:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by unixbomber View Post
Don't worry. Perhaps a sticky on how to check your spam folder of your email of choice is coming soon. That's the only explanation for you not receiving a response, naturally. With any luck, everyone will be back up and running before the next maintenance. Let's hope this one is actually tested; on second thought, quality assurance is too expensive and not really worth it. Thanks for playing Star Wars: The Old Beta.
At least with Beta it was expected and they weren't taking money from me i was helping them to improve a game that has so much potential.

may be they should go back to beta testing till they sort this game out and stop taking money.

So how do i check my spam box BW just in case it has been sent there. I'm not sure i know. oh hang on that's the button that says spam sorry its empty and support@stwor.com is on safe list. i received the auto reply so at least i know they have internet