Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Create your own Character Perks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Create your own Character Perks

Jenzali
07.12.2012 , 01:36 PM | #21
These ideas are nice, but I think they are sending the wrong message and aren't fully representative of all players. Not everyone wants even more exorbitant credit sinks. There should at least be some perks that are obtained by legacy level alone. They're also contrary to the idea of Legacy in the first place - the whole point was originally to tie your characters together, like a family, so that one character could have the abilities and benefits of another. These character-specific perks of extortionate cost are a step in the wrong direction.

I get that gold sinks are necessary in an MMO, but they should be restricted to rare items or vanity. There's no need to extort the 80-90% of people who do not even have more than 1 million credits (I believe a statistic like that was given at the guild summit) just to be able to use features that are supposedly for everyone.

For the record, I play the GTN and have millions of credits at my disposal, but I still think this system is flawed. I despise dailies and can only imagine how painful it is for the average player without business know-how to accumulate credits to buy these unlocks or do even the most basic thing that is taken for granted in most other MMO's - changing your appearance - without having to do a week of dailies beforehand.

Excuse my brashness but I find it unbelievable that people are making these suggestions and actually want to spend 3 million credits on something that should be available to everyone, like dual-spec. I guess this is their way of having something that others don't?

There's a reason WoW's economy thrives. The basic things like dual spec, changing your appearance, and respeccing are incredibly affordable and are available at early levels. But there are tons of things that are incredibly difficult and/or expensive to get, but these are things to show off with rather than basic commodities. I didn't mind building up 750,000 gold to buy a Swift Spectral Tiger, but years ago I did mind having to grind up 10,000 or however much it was when dual-spec was first introduced and when gold was much more difficult to get.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Alkiii
07.12.2012 , 01:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssfbistimg View Post
Dual Spec

Requires Level 50
Requires Legacy Level 40
3,000,000 Credits To Unlock

Grants You to have a 2nd Skill Tree
For the love of all things holy, make this happen!

(I really like the quick transport to your ship idea too!)
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

ColsonJade
07.12.2012 , 01:38 PM | #23
Defector
Requires Level 50
Requires Legacy Level 25
$1,000,00
You defect to the oppisite faction and keep your class/advance class
RG_Meriam
Proud Member of Roving Guns! SWTOR XO, WoT, DDO http://www.rovingguns.com

Alkiii
07.12.2012 , 01:43 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ColsonJade View Post
Defector
Requires Level 50
Requires Legacy Level 25
$1,000,00
You defect to the oppisite faction and keep your class/advance class
Being a Light Side Sith Inquisitor, I would absolutely LOVE to be part of the Jedi. Me and Ashara would be quite happy if this were to come to pass.

Make. This. Happen!
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

Kyneris
07.12.2012 , 01:48 PM | #25
Nine to five.
Requires Level 50
Requires Legacy Level 10 / 20 / 30
€ 10.000 / € 20.000 / € 50.000
Increases experience gained from repeatable (daily) quests by 5 / 10 / 15%

This is my story.
Requires level 50.
Requires legacy level 10.

€ 5.000.000
Allows you to reset all the class quests for this character.

Mirror, mirror on the wall.
Requires level 10.
Requires legacy level 20.

€ 5.000.000
Allows you to (re)edit this character's appearance (not gender/species) in the character creator.

That's what friends are for.
Requires level 50.
Requires legacy level 50.

€ 7.500.000
Allows you to (choose to) summon a member of your legacy tree as a companion character replacing an existing companion of the same class. (example: Summon a Jedi Shadow character to replace Kira on your Knight)

The fastest ship in the fleet.
Requires level 50.
Requires legacy level 50.

€ 10.000.000
Allows you to use the Alliance Normandy SR-1 or Cerberus Normandy SR-2 as your personal ship on this character. (Holy lore-breaker Batman!)
"Should we arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
This is Vireth Danea, my Sith OC.

mangarrage
07.12.2012 , 01:56 PM | #26
Remove Annoyance
Legacy level 1
Price Free
Anyone speaking in general chat in all caps gets automatically added to your ignore list

LaLiLuLeLolz
07.12.2012 , 01:57 PM | #27
Oh god, please none of this crossover stuff from other Bioware games. Besides, I think they already said they won't be giving any new personal ships because of cutscene issues.

veyl
07.12.2012 , 02:01 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
This but price could be a little lower.
Or they could just buy the Field Respec for 200k. It has no cooldown, works anywhere and I doubt you respec that much that you'd push the cost through the roof.

Even if it is just a bandaid because Bioware once again didn't list to the Beta community, it's still serves the same purpose.

Kyneris
07.12.2012 , 02:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LaLiLuLeLolz View Post
Oh god, please none of this crossover stuff from other Bioware games. Besides, I think they already said they won't be giving any new personal ships because of cutscene issues.
You are right, I just put it in to tease people a little bit :P
"Should we arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
This is Vireth Danea, my Sith OC.

xloserkex
07.12.2012 , 02:08 PM | #30
1 level 50 character
Legacy level 25
150.000 credits

You can change the advanced class on 1 character if the character has succesfully completed act III.