Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should we get reimbursed for our lost game time due to Bioware stuff ups.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Should we get reimbursed for our lost game time due to Bioware stuff ups.

Stoicraven
07.11.2012 , 05:50 PM | #11
you are NOT losing days of game time. The servers are not down for days at a time

DenitharPurloin
07.11.2012 , 05:51 PM | #12
Ground control to Major Tom...

Rafaman
07.11.2012 , 06:01 PM | #13
Well OP if you can't log in you have grounds, sure. Does the launcher fail? If its just asking to pick an environment you select SWTOR. I've noticed this change has confused a lot of people.

For regions where the maintenance occurs during prime time there needs to be a change. Not sure if reimbursement is the answer but a staggered schedule should definitely be implemented.

HeavensAgent
07.11.2012 , 06:02 PM | #14
I'm confused. You want free time to the game because you cannot play the game due to the maintenance schedule? If you are being honest, you would gain nothing: you would still be unable to play the game because of maintenance, free time or no.

So in short, there is no point. It would be a wasted effort.
Del'lantam Trooper of Alpha Company, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Morrolan
07.11.2012 , 06:05 PM | #15
I don't think we should get reimbursed but I would like to see BW withhold maintenance for a couple of weeks if possible, something they appeared to do after 1.2.
[Harbinger] <Zeroth Legacy>
Alieraxx-Sent / Morroian-Shadow / Sereorin-Slinger / Fidd'ler-VG
Miranda-Zero-Op / Whiskeyjackxx-PT / Tattersailxx-Sin / Ben'delat-Jugg

GnatB
07.11.2012 , 06:51 PM | #16
"should" is a lot different than "is it legally required".

The EULA clearly states that availability isn't guaranteed, and Bioware can bring the servers down whenever they feel like it.

That being said, if the customers aren't happy, the customers won't pay. So it could be good practice in extreme measures to compensate players with a free day or whatever. Which has, in fact, happened in the past.

So I'd argue yes. If there is an extreme loss of game time due to bioware stuff ups, then it would probably be good business to give a free day, so it's something they probably should do.

Dastrum
07.11.2012 , 07:45 PM | #17
Quote:
Normally I wouldnt do this sort of thing but the latest patch is the last straw.
No offense but, LOL!

Seriously, when did patches become a bad thing?

Roalmo
07.11.2012 , 07:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Dastrum View Post
No offense but, LOL!

Seriously, when did patches become a bad thing?
No offense but LOL.

Have you visited the so-called customer service area right after a "patch"?

For some players(using term loosely), patches are right up there with vomiting and diarrhea.

Dastrum
07.11.2012 , 08:06 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
No offense but LOL.

Have you visited the so-called customer service area right after a "patch"?

For some players(using term loosely), patches are right up there with vomiting and diarrhea.
Honestly they may want to look at single player games then. Every patch is going to screw some stuff up. Also, I doubt there are a large percentage of players that can't play the game at all. I was referring to not being able to play due to the 4-6 hour maintenances.

chris_rw
07.11.2012 , 10:13 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by PyroJosh View Post
Hi there,

Normally I wouldnt do this sort of thing but the latest patch is the last straw.

At the moment I am losing days of game time with all the maintianance patches going on, I no there supposed to help with the game and their timed well for some servers so their working when most people arent on but our time (on Dalborra) is during peak time and alot of players (including me) can only play during these times.

And the latest patch 1.3.2 I cant even get the game to work and get past the login stage and this also stops alot of players as well and this isnt even the first stuff up.

I personally belive we should be getting game time with all these screw ups and unscheualde maintianance work going on its unreal the amount of time I lose because of these issues.

Anyway theres my vent.

Cheers
You must be new to the internet. Welcome! Enjoy your stay.