Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

More instances for EC


nDjiin's Avatar


nDjiin
07.10.2012 , 09:06 PM | #1
The amount of lag that we are experiencing in EC is making it unplayable at times. At certain points during the raid I cannot even use flame burst (an instant cast ability).

I am singling EC out because its still relatively new content and as such lag causes a lot more problems than it would on content that everybody knows and has had months to be debugged.

There needs to be a new instance after every 48 people enter the instance - this may cost more but the devs really need to get their priorities right.

Another way to do it would be do split instances for those doing HM and SM.
Kovacs - Powertech Warped - Marauder
Hypnotik - Operative Simulcra - Sniper
Margorach - Sorcerer

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
07.10.2012 , 09:08 PM | #2
You realise that each group is already in their own instance, right? You'd be stumbling over them if not.

Fossman's Avatar


Fossman
07.10.2012 , 09:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
You realise that each group is already in their own instance, right? You'd be stumbling over them if not.
I think he is referring to Denova (1) and denova (2) when there are alot of groups in EC. Although as my guild found out the other night this will not fix the lag issues. we were the only people in EC at the time and had continuous spikes throughout the duration of the raid.

nDjiin's Avatar


nDjiin
07.11.2012 , 02:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
I think he is referring to Denova (1) and denova (2) when there are alot of groups in EC. Although as my guild found out the other night this will not fix the lag issues. we were the only people in EC at the time and had continuous spikes throughout the duration of the raid.
Yeah I was referring to world instances rater than individual ones - I was in the middle of a raid at them time so I had to post quickly.

The reason I bring it up is that it is always as its worst when the number of players is higher - on a Tuesday evening (after the weekly reset). There will always be a degree of lag - I just think that they need to do something to lessen it- at times it is unplayable and thats not good for a progression level raid (or any other for that matter).
Kovacs - Powertech Warped - Marauder
Hypnotik - Operative Simulcra - Sniper
Margorach - Sorcerer

Zailou's Avatar


Zailou
07.11.2012 , 04:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by nDjiin View Post
Yeah I was referring to world instances rater than individual ones - I was in the middle of a raid at them time so I had to post quickly.

The reason I bring it up is that it is always as its worst when the number of players is higher - on a Tuesday evening (after the weekly reset). There will always be a degree of lag - I just think that they need to do something to lessen it- at times it is unplayable and thats not good for a progression level raid (or any other for that matter).
Adding more instances probably doesnt fix the problem since you'd think BW would have done that already since its pretty easy to implement.

metaldragen's Avatar


metaldragen
07.11.2012 , 07:55 AM | #6
My guild is experiencing this as well on Jedi Covenant. We see spikes up to 2 seconds during the entire evening. With the mechanics and timing of the fights here, this makes the whole operation almost unplayable. We were lucky to down Z&T and F&S on hard mode on our first shots last night. We kept wiping on Vorgath because lag spikes would hit during Overload casts or we would get a bugged holo of our puzzle solver causing him to despawn before locating a probe for us which causes a wipe due to the enrage of the turrets.

We never had these issues with Denova before we transferred to JC (from Keller's Void - we are 4/4 HM) and it seems to have only gotten worse with transfers and worse again with 1.3.
Roving Guns Jedi Covenant PvE
Texa - 50 Marksmanship Sniper | Lexah - 50 Bodyguard Mercenary | Rexah - 50 Immortal Juggernaut

Andex's Avatar


Andex
07.11.2012 , 08:23 AM | #7
There were 115 people in Denova on The Fatman last night. We finally called it after we got a Cleave followed instantly by an Overload that never showed a cast bar.

I checked out the "Who" for Denova and saw that only a small amount of people were actually in Denova (2), which meant all the others were in (1).

Moar instances plz.
Doko prek anuda ten?

Pasture's Avatar


Pasture
07.11.2012 , 06:19 PM | #8
In multiple runs I've done of EC over the last week and a half there have been 3-5 second lag spikes experienced by the entire ops group, both during 'prime time' and very late at night. I've even seen people from other ops groups posting 'that lag' and similar phrases in general immediately following a lag spike experienced by my ops group, indicating that it's affecting the entire phase.

I'm on Harbinger btw.

Shinaa's Avatar


Shinaa
07.11.2012 , 06:24 PM | #9
What we noticed this week that some of the lags are very predictable. That one mob before the fallen tree you have to cross, right before the first chest, after he does his aoe pull there always seems to be a lag spike. Maybe some have made similar observations.

Cityfern's Avatar


Cityfern
07.12.2012 , 04:57 PM | #10
Since 1.3 was introduced I have 1 or 2 moments a night where my connection drop for between 5 seconds and a minute and it says that the lag is up to 300,000, although usually about 125,000. I am often speaking to friends on Skype at the time and there is no delay in the voice communication and if I alt-tab out, the internet is fine.

Is this a known issue? any suggestions about how to address it? Luckily, this has not cause a wipe because I can randomly click on portraits and spam my various heals. My friends tell me it is working but I don't see anything.

Any advice much appreciated.