Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does Armoring effect AC?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How does Armoring effect AC?

Shadowclaimer
12.19.2011 , 07:50 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by lfernandes View Post
Are you saying that in response to this?

AC = [Mod rating] * [Rarity modifier] * [Armor type modifier] * [Slot modifier]

Also, I understand all of these terms except Slot Modifier. What does that mean?
Head/Chest/Legs/Boots/Gloves/Bracers each would have their own value I'd assume is what he means.

So the formula breakdown:
Armor Class =
Mod Rating - The Armor Rating of the Armoring Mod
Rarity Modifier - Green/Blue/Purple/etc. as the rarity goes up, you get more armor out of it
Armor Type - Light/Medium/Heavy as it gets heavier it rewards higher armor per rating point
Slot Modifier - Core slots (Chest/Legs) reward more than lesser slots (Bracers etc.)
Brigade Commander Bravak Stukov of the Republic Assault Corps
==============================
Join the RAC today and save the galaxy from Empire scum!

lfernandes
12.19.2011 , 07:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
Well the reason I ask is because if it is true, we could pick armor based on looks as opposed to base armor class, then just remod it constantly as we advance. (which would be amazing)

If you notice all the vanity armor is like that, so I wonder if that is the case, where the Base AC is replaced by Mod AC.
I know that this was the intention, being able to find armor that looks awesome an remod it, as they have a million posts about mods and orange gear as it is. I started trying to research the "how AC is affected by Armoring" question as a result of being forced into a really ugly looking chest piece and skirt (male dark sith juggernaut..lol) because it is substantially better than anything I can mod and build on orange items.

Cortanx
12.19.2011 , 07:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
Head/Chest/Legs/Boots/Gloves/Bracers each would have their own value I'd assume is what he means.

So the formula breakdown:
Armor Class =
Mod Rating - The Armor Rating of the Armoring Mod
Rarity Modifier - Green/Blue/Purple/etc. as the rarity goes up, you get more armor out of it
Armor Type - Light/Medium/Heavy as it gets heavier it rewards higher armor per rating point
Slot Modifier - Core slots (Chest/Legs) reward more than lesser slots (Bracers etc.)
Yes, that's what I meant

Shadowclaimer
12.19.2011 , 07:55 AM | #14
I know that this was the intention, being able to find armor that looks awesome an remod it, as they have a million posts about mods and orange gear as it is. I started trying to research the "how AC is affected by Armoring" question as a result of being forced into a really ugly looking chest piece and skirt (male dark sith juggernaut..lol) because it is substantially better than anything I can mod and build on orange items.
Yea I really like my bath robes I'm wearing as a Sith Marauder right now, would really like to keep them going with crafted mods I make that are really good.

lfernandes
12.19.2011 , 07:57 AM | #15
Awesome. If this is correct, then all we need to find out is what the rarity and slot modifiers are, as numbers, so we can figure out what AC an armor piece would be without wasting money guessing and testing.

Also, based on this, I'd assume that orange moddable armor is considered blue?

Edit: Speeling

Shadowclaimer
12.19.2011 , 07:57 AM | #16
Awesome. If this is correct, then all we need to find out is what the rarity and slot modifiers are, as numbers, so we can figure out what AC an armor piece would be without wasting money guessing and testing.

Also, based on this, I'd assume that orange modable armor is considered blue?
Typically although some of it is Epic.

I'd rather they just remove the "moddable" color from the game and let us see the actual rarity.

lfernandes
12.19.2011 , 08:10 AM | #17
Just updated my first post with the info we have collected so far. Thanks guys!

Still need to figure out some of those base numbers though, so any more input is appreciated!

Shadowclaimer
12.19.2011 , 08:44 AM | #18
Just updated my first post with the info we have collected so far. Thanks guys!

Still need to figure out some of those base numbers though, so any more input is appreciated!
When I get home I'll toy with some armorings and see if I can't figure out some breakdown of the formula.